The Snakepits

Izzy_Stradlin_XX

Ok, so i was listening yesterday to The Snakepits albums.

God, i wish Axl had accepted the IFOS stuff.

Would have been the best GN'R album ever.

Ain't Life Grand is a great album.

It has everything i want has a musician.

Aerosmith/ Led Zeppelin-like riffs, good clean stuff.

It's better than ChD IMHO.

Just wanna hear your opinion on the albums.

Musically I prefer Snakepits to CD. Voicewise I prefer mostly CD (except some overly whiny, mickey mouse or weak moments like IRS, Riad and some parts of prostitute and this i love). Lyricwise CD wins, but still, both arent THAT great in that area.

Still, those 3 albums are for diferrent tastes and/or moods but still great.

I prefer Chinese. Snakepits got great Slash solos and riffs, but where are the songs? I don't think he could really write a song in the level he writes riffs and solos.

Lol.

Nice. You've added so much to the discussion. :rolleyes:

It's lame how you said 'just wanna hear your opinion on the albums', and when I gave mine, which I guess was different than yours, you just replied 'lol'

Kinda douchey...

Edited by Rovim

I prefer Chinese. Snakepits got great Slash solos and riffs, but where are the songs? I don't think he could really write a song in the level he writes riffs and solos.

Lol.

It's lame how you said 'just wanna hear your opinion on the albums', and when I gave mine, which I guess was different than yours, you just replied 'lol'

Kinda douchey...

Ok.

How can you say he's a bad song writer.

It's true that when he was in GN'R he did not do much on the albums because Izzy wrote mainly all of 'em.

when i remember Slash's songwriting, the first thing that comes to my mind is Don't Damn Me.

What about Just Like Anything?

I'd like to see new gnr or one of the other members do somthing like it.

And i'm more of an Axl guy than a slasg guy.

where are the songs?

This is such bizarre criticism. "Where are the songs?" ...What are earth are you talking about? Slash doesn't write songs? I know Dead Flower enjoys being funny. Is this your attempt? It's really bizarre. Maybe it's a British thing? I don't like the British version of The Office. I think the American version is a lot better. Is this your attempt at being the British version of The Office? That's your ticket to the top, huh? I don't know, guy. It's kind of bizarre. Maybe you should check out the American version? I think you'd enjoy it. Comedy's not for everyone. I can't tell you to give up on your dream, but maybe keep your options open? Don't put all your eggs in one basket? That's important. I say that with all due respect. I don't actually respect you, that's just a courtesy. It's like saying, "Good morning, Sir!" to my boss. He's an idiot. Really bizarre. My job basically consists of masking my contempt for that asshole, and at least once a day, retiring to the men's room so I can jerk off, while I fantasize about a life that doesn't so closely resemble hell. Sometimes I'll log onto mygnrforum.com and read a few posts. I like when Dead Flower contributes. He's so witty. Not bizarre in the least. But more often than not, I come across people like you. Who are bizarre. Who frustrate me. Who make me want to hang myself. And it's not a good feeling. Because one day, I will hang myself. And I don't want to do that..

So with all due respect, Sir. Maybe keep your options open?

-Kickingthehabit

I like the guitar playing better in bothe Snakepit albums but they could haver used used Izzy and Axl's touch to smooth out some of the rough edges - but I enjoy listening to them more than CD; I knid of got sick of CD about a year or so after it came out; Axl just dragged out some of those songs with ear numbing guitar's where they could have ended about 1 - 2 min in and you wouldn't lose too much - TWAT comes to mind

I like to think of the two main factions of GnR like this:

Slash keeps good old fashioned rock n roll alive - if you want to call him a one trick pony, can't really argue with you there and he probably won't aither - but he sure as hell does it well

Axl is more into the whole rock opera thing, kinda like queen - likes to push the envelope and experiment, sometimes he swings and misses, sometimes he hit's it out of the park

Both do what they do and do it well - I just happen to prefer Slash's brand of rock moreso than Axl's brand -as it's more fun and less exhausting to listen to

IFOS is pure Rock N Roll, something to kick it and enjoy, CD has some good tracks but other are rather boring

both cd's are good, they would've been a lot better if they had Axl in Snakepit and Slash in CD but who doesn't know that?... between IFOS and ALG i rather have Five O' Clock... is just more trashy and stuff and the solos are wayy better

if one wants to make a "best of" bewteen CD and IFOS, for me at least, the majority would be from IFOS

I enjoyed both albums immensely at the time. They were just deadly unfortunate to have come out at the height of grunge/alternative 1995, and nu metal 2000. But when I saw Slash this past year with Myles, Todd, Brent, and Bobby, and they busted out the old Snakepit stuff, I couldn't help but smile and think "fuck yea this still rocks"

Edited by moreblack

Lol.

Kinda douchey...

Ok.

It's true that when he was in GN'R he did not do much on the albums because Izzy wrote mainly all of 'em.

when i remember Slash's songwriting, the first thing that comes to my mind is Don't Damn Me.

I never said Slash is a bad song writer. I just think he's better at writing riffs and solos compared to complete songs.

Lol.

Kinda douchey...

Ok.

I never said Slash is a bad song writer. I just think he's better at writing riffs and solos compared to complete songs.

Yeah man. Dont Damn Me sucks... :rofl-lol:

^^^

Wow. Don't Damn Me is one of my favorite Guns songs.

You can't know if Slash wrote it all by himself. Guns was never that kind of a thing anyway. Everyone contributed something important.

Also, outside of Guns, all the songs Slash came up with had very identical stracture and in his latest album, you can always guess when every part will come because it's predictable.

He's still my favorite guitar player, and he wrote classic material in his days in Guns but he did say Snakepit was a band thing so that only makes me wonder if all he can come up with by himself quality wise, is what we heard on the solo album:

all the songs have the same stracture, no real development or interesting turns and kinda generic. I do like it though, because his leads are still pleasent to my ears. I'm still a big fan.

Edited by Rovim

Funny, I think the material on both Its Five O'Clock Somewhere and Aint Life Grand as a whole is probably stronger than Libertad and Slash's latest solo album. Shame both albums were a victim of the times they were released in.

I'd take IFOS over Libertad any day of the week

LA

Funny, I think the material on both Its Five O'Clock Somewhere and Aint Life Grand as a whole is probably stronger than Libertad and Slash's latest solo album. Shame both albums were a victim of the times they were released in.

I'd take IFOS over Libertad any day of the week

LA

This!

I liked the snakepit albums. Personally I also think, the albums were much better, than the recent stuff.

Edited by MBRose