All things considered, did Slash win?

grigori

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neither Axl or Slash are winners because there is nothing to win. They are both doing what they want to do. Forum members may not agree with what one member is doing and they might constantly bash one of them but what the forum members say or do is not indicative of Slash or Axl's personal lives

When Slash got drunk and went around Axl's house crying and begging for Axl to see him, he declared Axl "the winner". I'm with Slash on this one.

you talking 'bout the day slash realized that "guns" was bigger than the both of them?

to bad axl has not yet had that moment of clarity.

When Slash got drunk and went around Axl's house crying and begging for Axl to see him, he declared Axl "the winner". I'm with Slash on this one.

you talking 'bout the day slash realized that "guns" was bigger than the both of them?

No I'm talking about the day that Slash realized that artistically he'd ruined he career, and crawled back to Axl to say sorry. Strange that Slash lied about this at first, guess the rumours about his honesty (or lack of) were true.

No I'm talking about the day that Slash realized that artistically he'd ruined he career, and crawled back to Axl to say sorry. Strange that Slash lied about this at first, guess the rumours about his honesty (or lack of) were true.

Axl and Beta told two different stories.

Axl and Beta told two different stories.

Yeah? Please clarify Sunny.

He is doing fine, he just played with B.B. King. He is a widely respected musician and other musicians equality praise him (Leslie West the guitar player for Mountain just recently had Slash on his solo album and he called Slash a great man with no ego at all).

You may not like Slash, but his career is fine, his music is fine (again you have every right to not like it but it doesn't suck just because you say so)

He is doing fine, he just played with B.B. King. He is a widely respected musician and other musicians equality praise him (Leslie West the guitar player for Mountain just recently had Slash on his solo album and he called Slash a great man with no ego at all).

You may not like Slash, but his career is fine, his music is fine (again you have every right to not like it but it doesn't suck just because you say so)

a hater can dream, can't he?

"In October of 2005 Slash made an unannounced 5:30 AM visit to Axl Rose's house. Not appearing to be under the influence, Slash came to inform Axl that: 'Duff was spineless,' 'Scott [Weiland] was a fraud,' that he 'hates Matt Sorum' and that in this ongoing war, contest or whatever anyone wants to call it that Slash has waged against Axl for the better part of 20 years, that Axl has proven himself 'the stronger.'

Thread.

you post that like it's news or some sort of unheard revelation?

So what do you think of your hero now?

All we have is the house keepers word on what was said that morning. Slash tells a different story and I believe him.

Edited by sleeper

What happens between them off stage, out of the studio, is between them. Axl's camp chose to air that out in public for whatever reason.

None of it makes a damn bit of difference the music. I mean GNR was a bunch of messed up LA street people and not nearly ever role models or heroes of any kind. BUT afd still came out of those people and the music on it is classic.

If you all hate Axl, Beta, GNR, Fernando, Ashba etc.....then just fuck right off from this "fan" forum.

what's the point of that? save it.

Edited by moreblack

Axl's camp chose to air that out in public for whatever reason.

Payback's a bitch!! That's for all the times slash talked shit about Axl before he had a "change of heart"

i'm not sure if this applies to you moreblack but I want to repeat myself to the haters:

If you all hate Axl, Beta, GNR, Fernando, Ashba etc.....then just fuck right off from this "fan" forum.

I don't think anyone here has said anything about hate but you. You have an opionin and so do I. If you cannot handle opionins that differ from yours maybe you should "then just fuck right off from this "fan" forum.

Axl's camp chose to air that out in public for whatever reason.

Payback's a bitch!! That's for all the times slash talked shit about Axl before he had a "change of heart"

i'm not sure if this applies to you moreblack but I want to repeat myself to the haters:

I don't think anyone here has said anything about hate but you. You have an opionin and so do I. If you cannot handle opionins that differ from yours maybe you should "then just fuck right off from this "fan" forum.

Fuck off with you housekeeper comments

do you think it'll work?

Absolutely not.

There you again what is wrong with being called the house keeper? You act like it is a dirty word or something. Honestly don't you have any vocabulary at all? You cannot even form a sentence without using the word fuck?

dudes, is it one word or two words? make up yo' mind...

Dude who gives a fuck? Bottom line is that it's disrespectful towards Beta.

Disrespectful to Beta I sorry I do not see how. When you say some of the things that you do about Slash do you think they are disrespectful? Why do refer to him as Saul when you know that Slash is his stage name and the one he perfers?

Still, make up your minds.

You ain't got room to be talking about disrespectful...

Edited by moreblack

Disrespectful to Beta I sorry I do not see how. When you say some of the things that you do about Slash do you think they are disrespectful? Why do refer to him as Saul when you know that Slash is his stage name and the one he perfers?

You hit the nail right on the head with this post, I agree

• 1 month later...

Slash has more respect in the press and the industry than Axl but he hasn't done anything as inspiring. His peak was with GN'R. He is basically doing everything for money now. He shows up at random gigs, plays guitar and goes home. He's just a relic from the late 80's. Never changed his style, never played anything different.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Slash has more respect in the press and the industry than Axl but he hasn't done anything as inspiring. His peak was with GN'R. He is basically doing everything for money now. He shows up at random gigs, plays guitar and goes home. He's just a relic from the late 80's. Never changed his style, never played anything different.

Slash is probably the best guitarist in the world. I can't think of anyone who plays with more feel that he does and it's all about feel. All the best guitarists have a signature style his happens to be blues based rock. His melodies are spot on as are his riffs.

Slash is probably the best guitarist in the world. I can't think of anyone who plays with more feel that he does and it's all about feel. All the best guitarists have a signature style his happens to be blues based rock. His melodies are spot on as are his riffs.

Subjective.

In my opinion, Slash won media-wise and publicly and all, but Axl won in his mind, you know? Like, in Axl's mind, he is the one with the name and the ambition to change the direction, and he is the one who wouldn't compromise under any pressures. Which really is an achievement actually. The amount of of pressure Axl was under in the years of making CD was probably awful.

Subjective.

In my opinion, Slash won media-wise and publicly and all, but Axl won in his mind, you know? Like, in Axl's mind, he is the one with the name and the ambition to change the direction, and he is the one who wouldn't compromise under any pressures. Which really is an achievement actually. The amount of of pressure Axl was under in the years of making CD was probably awful.

Totally agreed.