All things considered, did Slash win?

grigori

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Slash like any other musician wants to play. He doesn't need the money it's his desire and passion that drives him and his need to be creative.

All things considered he is a winner in anyones book. This guy does what he loves to do and gets paid for doing it and he has made a great career out of it. You have to respect the guy for that...

Slash just gets on with it and has a good time, Axl has been allowed for too long to get away with his antics and seems so caught up in whatever, that the music gets lost.

Slash like any other musician wants to play. He doesn't need the money it's his desire and passion that drives him and his need to be creative.

All things considered he is a winner in anyones book. This guy does what he loves to do and gets paid for doing it and he has made a great career out of it. You have to respect the guy for that...

Slash just gets on with it and has a good time, Axl has been allowed for too long to get away with his antics and seems so caught up in whatever, that the music gets lost.

Course he needs the money, all musicians do.

a percentage of musicians have long made their money, invested well and only take work when they want too, and play because they have need to satisfy their creative hunger not greed/ or lack of money.

then again feel free to argue and disagree..

a percentage of musicians have long made their money, invested well and only take work when they want too, and play because they have need to satisfy their creative hunger not greed/ or lack of money.

Which is why Slash performed at the Superbowl halftime show with Fergie.

Which is why Slash performed at the Superbowl halftime show with Fergie.

Superbowl halftime performers do not get paid.

Subjective. He was better 20 years ago. Pretty damn childish to label one a cupcake for disagreeing with you.

Calm down mate I never said you were a cupcake I was asking if you were trolling for a reaction...Axl worshipers like to do this and brag about it so was just asking if you were being sincere...

That being said, sure it is subjective but when other musicians say the same thing about Slash I would tend to take their opinion over a Slash hater posting on a fan forum.......... ;)

BTW you go out of your way to slam EVH for being sloppy yet fail to acknowlwdge that Slash was extremely sloppy 20 years ago...now his playing is very clean and crisp...don't believe me go buy a couple of the Slash solo tour live CD's and listen to his playing...he is spot on for the most part these days.....you can't have it both ways...........

I mentioned Slash was sloppy several threads ago. I've seen recent clips of him and he has improved. But being sloppy is pure rock and roll.

Just because I said Eddie was a sloppy drunk doesn't mean I said he sucks. It was still rock and roll. I just didn't think he is a good example of shredding as I don't think he is that skilled.

He self financed his album but he made a profit of it from sales and touring. I still say money is a big contributor in why he goes on.

Edited by BirdCatcher

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Subjective. He was better 20 years ago. Pretty damn childish to label one a cupcake for disagreeing with you.

Calm down mate I never said you were a cupcake I was asking if you were trolling for a reaction...Axl worshipers like to do this and brag about it so was just asking if you were being sincere...

That being said, sure it is subjective but when other musicians say the same thing about Slash I would tend to take their opinion over a Slash hater posting on a fan forum.......... ;)

BTW you go out of your way to slam EVH for being sloppy yet fail to acknowlwdge that Slash was extremely sloppy 20 years ago...now his playing is very clean and crisp...don't believe me go buy a couple of the Slash solo tour live CD's and listen to his playing...he is spot on for the most part these days.....you can't have it both ways...........

I mentioned Slash was sloppy several threads ago. I've seen recent clips of him and he has improved. But being sloppy is pure rock and roll.

Well, but Slash was drunk and high back then. I mean, he could've played those songs better if he wasn't under the influence or whatever all the fuckin' time. Finck was sloppy and he wasn't drunk at all. Ashba is very sloppy and he only smokes and I have watched some clips where he misses some notes just because of the smoke :rofl-lol:. Slash deserves some credit for playing the songs in that fuckin' shape.

Axl makes a lot of money from touring and I'd like to see some goddamn progression frm Chinese Democracy at last, yet he rarely seems to just kinda go through the motions or merely have the kinda 'turn up and play a show' attitude, it's something special with the dude so it's not just to grab a few dollars, even though for anyone being paid to perform WELL is nice and an incentive, it always seems about the energy more so for him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...