All things considered, did Slash win?

grigori

Perla seriously has below average looks if you compare to the normal "rockstar standards". And I really dig that about Slash - he married a real woman instead of some doll. I do not care much for playboy model looks though, and think Perla is way prettier than Susan for example. But MILF? She's not even 40!

'Love to see some pics of you hottie. I play the guitar, trumpet, and bass drum; I'm always looking for new groupies.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perla seriously has below average looks if you compare to the normal "rockstar standards". And I really dig that about Slash - he married a real woman instead of some doll. I do not care much for playboy model looks though, and think Perla is way prettier than Susan for example. But MILF? She's not even 40!

'Love to see some pics of you hottie. I play the guitar, trumpet, and bass drum; I'm always looking for new groupies.

you look like a massive nerd. WHich is what you are.

you look like a massive nerd. WHich is what you are.

I'll take that as a compliment.

Thanks!!

Perla below average? damn i thought i had high standards

Perla's a babe

Uhm, I was talking about "rock star standards". She's just a normally pretty girl.

Come on, when did I ever say that?

• 1 month later...

The only thing Slash won was a backstage pass to the Black Eyed Peas, and obsolescence.

And for the record, I'd smash Perla's back doors in.

No. Slash peaked when he was with Guns N' Roses. Velvet Revolver was OK. But his new album is shit.

You get more attractive with every line you post :wub:

Edited by axl8302

The only thing Slash won was a backstage pass to the Black Eyed Peas, and obsolescence.

No. Slash peaked when he was with Guns N' Roses. Velvet Revolver was OK. But his new album is shit.

Oh my young Axlite what I'm I to do with you. <_< You will learn someday!

Oh my young Axlite what I'm I to do with you. <_< You will learn someday!

Don't get jealous, I still want to jump your bones!

In terms of competing in the industry, I'd say Slash won. Let's compare their first releases under their new outfits. Slash's first release with Velvet Revolver went double plantinum, debuted at number one on the Billboard 200, and won a grammy. And it didn't take Slash over a fucking decade to do it. The first release of Nu Guns barely went plantinum. And yeah, Libertad wasn't a very successful followup, but I don't think Chinese Democracy II will be very lucky either. Although I guess we'll have to wait and see.

But Slash's solo album was a real kick in the nuts. He relies too much on his past successes to keep him relevant. He needs to learn to expand his guitar playing a bit instead of playing it safe. Not that he should venture as far off as Axl did, but I wanna hear something a bit...new.

True. He should focus on being more than "the badass guy with top hat and leather pants, smoking a cigarrete and playing hard rock songs with bluesy elements". He's wasting his talent.

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing wrong with staying true to your roots..Slash enjoys playing Blues Rock and does a good job of it..... I see no reason for him to change if that is what inspires him....there is no rule in music saying you have to change who you are for the sake of change..

I don't beleive Saul is inspired. I play guitar and when I always play the same shit I get bored and actually hate playing. It becomes like a chore...

You need to learn and play new things to keep it fresh...know what i'm saying?

Check out Obsession Confessoin. Acoustic flamenco song with acoustics.

He just played a gig with B.B. King. Slash is doing fine.

"It's all Axl's fault! Oh noes, he sux!!!111"

"I'd come back, but that's up to Axl"

"Beta, let me tell ya that Duff is spineless, Scott is a fraud, me hates Mattz Sorum and that Ax won the war and has proven himself teh stronger!!!1111"

Yeah, right. I'd call that a win if that's what you stupid fanboys would think of the altered reality. :thumbsup:

"It's all Axl's fault! Oh noes, he sux!!!111"

"I'd come back, but that's up to Axl"

"Beta, let me tell ya that Duff is spineless, Scott is a fraud, me hates Mattz Sorum and that Ax won the war and has proven himself teh stronger!!!1111"

Yeah, right. I'd call that a win if that's what you stupid fanboys would think of the altered reality. :thumbsup:

exiled from ones own country..

Guest Len B'stard
Aw come on. Don't tell me you're not curious about seeing how well he would do with different stuff. He did an amazing job with hard rock, why not trying with something else? Expanding horizons = awesomeness.

Expanding horizons isn't always cool y'know, you gotta be doing it for the right reasons and if it's not what you're into and you're only do it to prove what a shit-hot guitarist you are, thats sort of a cocksuck. Lots of the greatest guitarists in the world didn't move far outside of their genre, some of the greatest guitarists are defined by their genre, i don't think it's essential to be able to play 80 million different styles, there's some very dispassionate and dilletante-ish about it, these so-called great guitarists, these genius dabblers, profficient in a million different styles and in love with none.

When someone dedicates their life to a single aspect of muscianmanship they get it and perfect it and come to understand its nuances as opposed to someone who is capable at every style but a master of none. I think people like Buckethead suffer from this.

Edited by sugaraylen