Download Festival 2011

Nobodys_Fault

Wanted to go last year, as it had a killer line up, but couldn't afford it, as I bought 2 day tickets to see Guns at both Reading and Leeds festivals

The download lineup this year is fucking awful. System of a Down? Linin Park? Fuck right off. Def Leppard are the only semi decent band there.

Sonisphere FTW

Wanted to go last year, as it had a killer line up, but couldn't afford it, as I bought 2 day tickets to see Guns at both Reading and Leeds festivals

The download lineup this year is fucking awful. System of a Down? Linin Park? Fuck right off. Def Leppard are the only semi decent band there.

Sonisphere FTW

I'm more interested in the likes of Frank Turner, Cheap Trick, Rob Zombie, Alice Cooper, Gaslight Anthem, Loaded and The Darkness than any of the headliners to be honest...though i've heard SOAD are a blast live and I could see Def Leppard being fun if (when) I was hammered drunk.

Sonisphere FTW

Sonisphere is definitely where it was at last year. Can't say I'm terribly impressed with any of the line-ups this year though. Other than the Big 4 festivals, there's typically not even a handful of good bands on the bills.

I'd certainly go to another Sonisphere though, if they ever have another bill as good as Stockholm last year.

Last year I went for the mental headliners + Slash, STP and a few others for the most part. I was kind of surprised at how much nicer the overall atmosphere is at a more heavy festival - even though when I thought about it it probably does make more sense.

This year none of the headliners really interest me but there are alot of other bands I would have liked to have gone and seen.