BUMBLEFOOT in car crash... Updated June 8th

gunsguy

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, that's concerning. The effects of an accident can take a little while to rear their ugly heads. I got hit by a car while walking some years ago and seemed relatively okay right after the accident, but within the week I couldn't walk.

Get well soon.

Good to see he went for a safe car rather than some fancy death trap to ride around in

If he lives in NYC, he prob just needed the car for going out of town, or doing stuff with family and friends. In parts of NYC, people make do without cars, and if he's on the road for months at a time, he's already shelling out money for his place.

Health insurance companies suck, esp. when you're the one who has to deal with all the paperwork bs and phone calls to take care of everything. I also don't know how healthplans are for musicians, even though they have a union, but why are there always fundraisers for musicians when they're sick and not for actors? Something ain't right.

They could find any stupid reason to deny coverage, and what really sucks is when the person that plows into you is uninsured.

He'll prob. be okay, they're just going to be slow in responding and giving the money to take care of everything. Odds are she was distracted and multitasking while driving. Driving in NYC has a lot of close calls and scrapes as it is. The drivers get worse.. then they move to Florida.

I wouldn't put it past him to make a guitar out of the scrap metal.

I'm thankful for the safety features in cars nowadays. Glad to hear Mr. Thal made it through- that shit looked serious in the photo. It was unsettling to read about the concussion and possible whiplash (or etc.), but he seems to be on the mend. Hopefully they'll revoke that lady's license. I bet she was texting.

Perhaps he will draw inspiration from the accident, and it will eventually spawn a song.

From a complete stranger on the internet: Get better Bumblefoot.

Oh and postscript:

Come back to the forums while you're in bed recovering. ; )

Edited by mindsaber

Guest siliconmessiah

"Scheduled to present an award at the Hoboken Film Festival tomorrow, not able to do it. Brain & neck MRIs booked for next Tuesday..."

Bumblefoot"

Sadly, Bumblefoot´s accident the other day seemed to be more severe than first thought =/. I have a close friend that got in an accident, and it took a loong while and a lot of rehab, building muscles to get him back on track. About two years actually, and he still needs neck-massage now and then.

Now, in less than six months, Guns N´ Roses are scheduled to go on stage @ Rock In Rio, and many would believe that a cancellation would be the final whistle for this band.

So, if Bumble needs rehab instead of playing Rock In Rio. What would be the best solution?

I think that the best solution would be calling in Buckethead. Easily the best alternative!

With this said. I also wish for Bumblefoots hasty recovery!

Edited by siliconmessiah

"Scheduled to present an award at the Hoboken Film Festival tomorrow, not able to do it. Brain & neck MRIs booked for next Tuesday..."

Bumblefoot"

Sadly, Bumblefoot´s accident the other day seemed to be more severe than first thought =/. I have a close friend that got in an accident, and it took a loong while and a lot of rehab, building muscles to get him back on track. About two years actually, and he still needs neck-massage now and then.

Now, in less than six months, Guns N´ Roses are scheduled to go on stage @ Rock In Rio, and many would believe that a cancellation would be the final whistle for this band.

So, if Bumble needs rehab instead of playing Rock In Rio. What would be the best solution?

I think that the best solution would be calling in Buckethead. Easily the best alternative!

+1 :thumbsup:

Bumblefoot"

It is interesting theory I suppose, I mean I do not know the extent of Ron's injuries. Having said that he did not play with Pisser last week and now can't present an award, looks like he will need a bit of rehab to get back in motion.

October 2nd is a way's away though hopefully Ron will be there :)

Would Rio miss the ramdon shredder ?

Yes they would miss him. He is always the guy who gets in touch with the fans and his Don't cry solo with Axl is always one of the highlights of the show.

Having said that, I do think GnR has enough guitarists to play some shows without him. Fortus and Ashba can cover for him.

Anyways.. get well soon Ron!

Though Bucket would never rejoin. If he would, he'd be in the band right now.

An interesting development though, hope it's not too serious and he gets well in the short term.

Bumble's mate Guthrie Govan would be a suitable stand in lead axe.

Edited by ashysdad

Though Bucket would never rejoin. If he would, he'd be in the band right now.

An interesting development though, hope it's not too serious and he gets well in the short term.

Bumble's mate Guthrie Govan would be a suitable stand in lead axe.

i have been exchaning emails with ron for over a year, i have takin guitar lessons from him. he has basically told me lessons will be post poned (for obvious reasons) untill he gets back to normal. back neck and head injuries can be a bitch lets all keep are fingers crossed and pray for are good buddy bumble.. he is a class act and one of a kind !