Chinese Democracy Paradoxe and The Future of Guns N' Roses

MANETS.FOREVER

With the recent announcement of the South American Tour 2011 around Rock in Rio, all the "Cash-grab" arguments came back, as usual. They're indeed justified, and even plausible.

But...

If it was all, ALL about the money as you say, why they didn't promote Chinese Democracy? Why NO PROMOTION at all? Why they streamed it live on MySpace on the day before the release breaking all the MySpace records? Why it's being sold for $1.99?

I agree, in the past it may have been. Axl toured, then he ran out of money 4 years later, and then toured again. That happened twice! But this time... We've been having major things for 5 years now! 2006 and 2007, a world tour, 2008 an album. Then we had the unjustified break. We were all expecting massive promotion, but... nada. And then a big world tour. After that, I though Axl would hide for another 3 years waiting for his money to have a considerable decrease so he would have to tour again. But then there was the Rock in Rio announcement, and the new album talks and plans, the US Tour talks and plans.

And now the South American Tour announcement. At least, admit that this is UNUSUAL. Admit that something must have happened for it to happen. Maybe, Axl decided to everything right this time. A fresh begin. It's 2001 all over again. Here is the only place he would have another chance, he knows that. He lost US. He can't lose Europe. But we've been waiting for so long, so I don't see what's wrong with 2 tours in 2 years.

If it was all for the cash-grab, why Chinese Democracy had no promotion? It has nothing to do it about. The South American Tour is just the beggining. The new era.

I hope you're right. It will be interesting to see where things go from here.

I think the future of this band will be shaped by what Axl feels the current line up's role in his vision really is.

Imo, as long as there are minimal activity, updates, no official band photo(s) or a sense of continuation or momentum, this band will never fulfill it's full potential.

Touring again with no new song(s) being played, and no cd2 or even a mention of it would just make it seem like it's in the same gear as it was for many years, and in turn could damage the interest in the band especially in the us ,but not just in that region.

That said...I just can't see how we can draw conclusions just going by the fact they're gonna play in Rio., I never forget this band operates very differently in comparison to just about any other rock band every time we get to hear good news, but It's great that at least there is something to look forward to, and I do believe we'll hear cd2 in some capacity in the near future.

I remain optimistic, and I'm not really complaining - just reminding you it's a less then ideal situation and it was like that for some time now, for the fans, and probably for the band too.

Hopefully things will improve cause I still believe Axl, with this band, does have what it takes to make it work. Really work.

Anything is better than silence, but as a hardcore Gn'R fan, I just think the chemistry, studio material, live experience and vision are all there. Axl just needs to go for it....and I think he will.

Edited by Rovim

With the recent announcement of the South American Tour 2011 around Rock in Rio, all the "Cash-grab" arguments came back, as usual. They're indeed justified, and even plausible.

But...

If it was all, ALL about the money as you say, why they didn't promote Chinese Democracy? Why NO PROMOTION at all? Why they streamed it live on MySpace on the day before the release breaking all the MySpace records? Why it's being sold for $1.99?

I agree, in the past it may have been. Axl toured, then he ran out of money 4 years later, and then toured again. That happened twice! But this time... We've been having major things for 5 years now! 2006 and 2007, a world tour, 2008 an album. Then we had the unjustified break. We were all expecting massive promotion, but... nada. And then a big world tour. After that, I though Axl would hide for another 3 years waiting for his money to have a considerable decrease so he would have to tour again. But then there was the Rock in Rio announcement, and the new album talks and plans, the US Tour talks and plans.

And now the South American Tour announcement. At least, admit that this is UNUSUAL. Admit that something must have happened for it to happen. Maybe, Axl decided to everything right this time. A fresh begin. It's 2001 all over again. Here is the only place he would have another chance, he knows that. He lost US. He can't lose Europe. But we've been waiting for so long, so I don't see what's wrong with 2 tours in 2 years.

If it was all for the cash-grab, why Chinese Democracy had no promotion? It has nothing to do it about. The South American Tour is just the beggining. The new era.

Well, I don't know about the rest, cuz this band is just unpredictable, but the promotion sucked, that's for sure.

Guest siliconmessiah

If Axl was about making money then he would go down as the dumbest business man in history. Frankly, I don't think he cares so much for it. If he did, he would prostitute himself...

+1

Volcano?

In the first above post from you, you state that "Axl tours because that´s how bands make money nowadays".

On the other hand, in the above post, you +1´s a commentary with totally another view on the subject?

That´s a paradox to say the least, but I am not surprised when it comes to you.

On topic:

It´s simple, Chinese Democracy was released 4 years ago.

It´s done and over with, the record had some golden moments, keep them and move on to the next album and a new tour.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I'm sure he doesn't give s shit about money. I bet he has enough anyway.

He could do so much more work in the limelight if that was the case. I think he genuinely likes touring and meet the crowd.

He put on a hell of a show most of the time and it looks like he is enjoying himself.

His behavior is way to weird for being a "money whore"

Axl is Axl no one can explain his actions, after securing a massive deal with Best Buy that would cover the cost of making the album, let alone the revenue from the 2-2.5 million overseas sales why did he have to promote it. Add to that that this is a guy that as over a 20% share in revenues from 100+million sales and massive tours, it is unlikly he has any money troubles

from the counter-suit of Axl it is clear that Azzof failed to promote Chinese Democracy "." ok? ok.

that's 1.

but since the flock is accustomed that the artist should prostitute for his own art and make all the popular TV and festivities activities required too, so that the artist will sell his/hers art, than of course that Axl was and is to blame for not making Chinese Democracy an american success - that is to be appreciated by all the morons= potential costumers, with some cash on their hands, so that they would spend it on this particular product= the cd with Chinese Democracy by GNR.

that's 2.

I don't see on the OP any clear discussion of why Chinese Democracy is a paradox.

that's 3.

The future of Guns N' Roses is not all on Axl Rose's hands as it seems. because GNR is a band, as much as some retards refuse to admit it, so that you have - for shore - 8 people to play in it (the band could be a lot bigger as far as we know, having Tobias and Brain still involved at some level in the creative department).

and a band needs managers (or at least one, but one good).

so, when one of these people have a problem, the band has a problem.

that's 4.

As in the band activity, well Tommy gave us hints, some weeks ago, or even a month since then, that they'll be having tour dates in late autumn. so they begun to appear.

A rock band it's about performing live. and this is what GNR does.

As a new album -

There were always ample warnings

There were always subtle signs

- since Axl talked a way, way back about a trilogy (that is a 3) of albums, with one coming out, than a tour, than another coming out, than a tour... remember?

well we had the full tour of 2006/2007, than the album in 2008, than the tour of 2009/2010, so now...?

yeap, it seems there should be a new album next before the tour which seems to be shaping up, in September, or while it's rolling, as it could be coming out in December.

-since Ron talked about it, way back, that he had to work on a lot of songs.

and the fact that this time around it was Ashbas turn to talk about the fact that he was working on GNR songs

it's clear that he's been doing what Ron did in the past.

and about that shit that the fuckheads spread around, that so called - gag order - there you have it, a clear fuck off! from the band members you continuously denigrate.

that's 5.

so, boys and girls, enjoy the ride!

from the counter-suit of Axl it is clear that Azzof failed to promote Chinese Democracy "." ok? ok.

that's 1.

but since the flock is accustomed that the artist should prostitute for his own art and make all the popular TV and festivities activities required too, so that the artist will sell his/hers art, than of course that Axl was and is to blame for not making Chinese Democracy an american success - that is to be appreciated by all the morons= potential costumers, with some cash on their hands, so that they would spend it on this particular product= the cd with Chinese Democracy by GNR.

that's 2.

I don't see on the OP any clear discussion of why Chinese Democracy is a paradox.

that's 3.

The future of Guns N' Roses is not all on Axl Rose's hands as it seems. because GNR is a band, as much as some retards refuse to admit it, so that you have - for shore - 8 people to play in it (the band could be a lot bigger as far as we know, having Tobias and Brain still involved at some level in the creative department).

and a band needs managers (or at least one, but one good).

so, when one of these people have a problem, the band has a problem.

that's 4.

As in the band activity, well Tommy gave us hints, some weeks ago, or even a month since then, that they'll be having tour dates in late autumn. so they begun to appear.

A rock band it's about performing live. and this is what GNR does.

As a new album -

There were always ample warnings

There were always subtle signs

- since Axl talked a way, way back about a trilogy (that is a 3) of albums, with one coming out, than a tour, than another coming out, than a tour... remember?

well we had the full tour of 2006/2007, than the album in 2008, than the tour of 2009/2010, so now...?

yeap, it seems there should be a new album next before the tour which seems to be shaping up, in September, or while it's rolling, as it could be coming out in December.

-since Ron talked about it, way back, that he had to work on a lot of songs.

and the fact that this time around it was Ashbas turn to talk about the fact that he was working on GNR songs

it's clear that he's been doing what Ron did in the past.

and about that shit that the fuckheads spread around, that so called - gag order - there you have it, a clear fuck off! from the band members you continuously denigrate.

that's 5.

so, boys and girls, enjoy the ride!

Nice reparte' :thumbsup:

Guns N' Roses will tour because that is how bands make money today.

- providing the tickets sell.

The previous attempt at a US tour failed. Tickets didn't sell. That's when manger got fired, and GN'R headed to Eastern Europe (a safe bet)

Edited by star