Do you think that Axl just wants to get out of Chinese Democracy with honor?

ITW 2012

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of the past members have said at one point or another that they didn't like the fact that axl wasnt doing this under a new name. But legally their hands were tied. Its not so much that the nu music is not my cup of tea, its that it wasn't something that should've been under the gnr name. Its not right. And yeah izzy and duff played with axl again. Axl was once their friend, and to make amends sometimes you have to make compromises. In the end for them friendship was bigger. But I still bet if they had a say, they wouldn't let axl be using it. That's just my opinion. But the age old question that still boggles my mind is "why did they sign over the name in the first place?" Was it because they didn't foresee the future playing out like it did? Did axl threaten to end the band otherwise? Who knows for sure, I just, in the shoes of a fan, don't like that it feels like all these new players, axl as well mooching off the new name to stay revelevant. And having their set list compromised mostly of a legacy none of them built except one of them. Who was only 1/5th of the legacy. My two cents. More than one way at looking at this I guess. If new gnr wants to be taken seriously as their own band they need to do more to earn it. I'm sorry, I've said it more than once today, but playing covers, good covers at that, but still just covers for well more than half a show, with their own songs few and far in between, running around under a legendary hat they didnt create isn't cutting it. Talk to me on the day they can sell out stadiums with just their own material alone.

My apologies, I meant to post this in response to someone in a completly different thread. I'm on an android phone, so somehow that mustve been how I made this mistake. Again, sorry to those who may take offense.

yeah, but in a way it's not axl or the new band's fault that audiences want old songs -- it's the old band's fault. if they hadn't written songs that were so much more beloved than the new band's songs, then i'm sure audiences would be open to hearing more of chinese democracy too. but people pay good money for those tickets, and they want to have a good show. that means they want to hear their favorite songs. the new bands' hands are tied -- a combination of the old band's gifts for writing popular songs, and the new band's shortcomings.

Edited by cancerface

Guest gunns5

Rio2011 - this time its personal..

wasn't that Jaws 4 - The most dire Jaws movie of them all. Not an patch on the original.

Its The General '4' and its going to rip the south americans flesh apart and eat them alive with

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1TnoH-HCRo&feature=player_embedded

However, the question still remains, Even though GnR are big in South America, Will South America 'need a bigger boat' for GnR?

Edited by gunns5

Guest gunns5

South America isn't enough. This is a turf war on a global scale.

But the world isn't enough, even if 4tus tries to make everyone think that.

• 1 month later...

I was just watching this speech below and I was thinking about how it would be the perfect way for Axl to end the war with Chinese Democracy. He should use it as the opening intro for RIR; before breaking out The General to start the show.

Edited by ITW 2012

Guest siliconmessiah

I was just watching this speech below and I was thinking about how it would be the perfect way for Axl to end the war with Chinese Democracy. He should use it as the opening intro for RIR; before breaking out The General to start the show.

:rofl-lol:

• 3 months later...

They sent in all 200 managers and he fired them all. I'm fucking ready to start some new CD II threads! Axl, it's time to spill the blood in the water.

jaws.jpg

Jaws - Makes my Top 10 films of all time. Roll on Blu-ray release date :thumbsup:

Even although the shark is a model, it must have been pretty scary sliding into its mouth, and being dragged underwater.

Edited by vaida