Our Criticism of what GN'R has become

31illusions

Yo, Axl8302.

I'm not a fan of Slash at all.

and second, no. Axl is not the same as he used to be. he has changed *a lot*.

I really think his voice is a 10/10, all things considered. It's just the 'everything else' bit that has gone all zany and weirded out.

and CD wasn't what it was supposed to be. overworked computer-mishmash-cutnpastejob, poor production. the drum sound of nevermind - my ass...

Edited by phaeryen

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo, Axl8302.

Most people do over 20 years dumbass.

CD wasn't what it was supposed to be. overworked computer-mishmash-cutnpastejob, poor production. the drum sound of nevermind - my ass...

What was it 'supposed to be'??

Yo, Axl8302.

most people don't do all the fucking magic mumbo jumbo past life regression therapy hogwash I am begging for mental health issues -shit that axl put himself through. look at some of his interviews from "back in the day", then read his lawyer-axl letters. see what I mean? no? yeah I knew you were just a dumb little trollboy. :)

The revolution and comeback of rock 'n roll. Axl promised! :rolleyes:

Yo, Axl8302.

most people don't do all the fucking magic mumbo jumbo past life regression therapy hogwash I am begging for mental health issues -shit that axl put himself through. look at some of his interviews from "back in the day", then read his lawyer-axl letters. see what I mean? no? yeah I knew you were just a dumb little trollboy. :)

That's none of your business, that's his private life, he can do what he wants, who are you to pass judgement?

Yo, Axl8302.

The revolution and comeback of rock 'n roll. Axl promised! :rolleyes:

When did he say that? Please post a link (lol). You're so full of shit.

Phaeryen, You obviously wanted it to be "The revolution and comeback of rock 'n roll". You Listened to the album, didn't like it. You were upset that Axl didn't perform on TRL or Top of the Pops, or Letterman, or whatever the fuck you thought he "should do". You got all butt hurt about it and took to your keyboard, like the sad, pathetic, angry cupcake you are.

We know you don't like the album or the band, we don't need you to keep telling us, we get it! You're an open book dude, get a fucking life!

Axls private life is everybodys business - he is an internationally known ex-superstar of rock n roll now turned joke of the industry, sadly. Also, this thread is all about passing judgement and contemplating whether it is warranted or not.

So I am going to pass judgement on him and what happened if that is what I want to do. Also, I stated my case in a verbose manner. Of which you, of course, reacted to only the small part that made you want to try your trolling antics on me again. The simple stuff.

Here's an idea for you - try to string together a talkative post up in here for a change? instead of your same old petty childish insults. :D

Axls private life is everybodys business - he is an internationally known ex-superstar of rock n roll now turned joke of the industry, sadly. Also, this thread is all about passing judgement and contemplating whether it is warranted or not.

So I am going to pass judgement on him and what happened if that is what I want to do. Also, I stated my case in a verbose manner. Of which you, of course, reacted to only the small part that made you want to try your trolling antics on me again. The simple stuff.

Here's an idea for you - try to string together a talkative post up in here for a change? instead of your same old petty childish insults. :D

You mad bro?

and CD wasn't what it was supposed to be. overworked computer-mishmash-cutnpastejob, poor production. the drum sound of nevermind - my ass...

LOL WUT?

And what exactly was it supposed to be? I haven't ever seen, read nor heard the interview in which Axl or any band member said that CD was going to be rip roaring rock n' roll album filled with anthems and chart topping hits that would bring you to your knees.

Axl was exploring new things as far as music goes during the whole time of the jam sessions he had with Izzy and others in the mid 90's and when he was recording and mixing CD in the early 2000's.

From what I understand anything we 'expected' was solely speculation because we were never told what to expect, or at least I wasn't.

LOL WUT?

And what exactly was it supposed to be? I haven't ever seen, read nor heard the interview in which Axl or any band member said that CD was going to be rip roaring rock n' roll album filled with anthems and chart topping hits that would bring you to your knees.

Axl was exploring new things as far as music goes during the whole time of the jam sessions he had with Izzy and others in the mid 90's and when he was recording and mixing CD in the early 2000's.

From what I understand anything we 'expected' was solely speculation because we were never told what to expect, or at least I wasn't.

You're right. In fact Axl even said that he was trying to do something different, and that a lot of people wouldn't like it (before it was released). But yet these assholes still complain.

Guest siliconmessiah

I think GNR is a fully functional band, and that they treat their fans with outmost respect.

They have a great and informative homepage, it was lastly updated 2008, but hey guys, whatever ;) that does not matter. I like the dysfunctionality about this band! It´s so cool! Yeeah!

It´s great that the lead singer took hold of the band, just to keep the majority of new material buried. I know that he promised to keep things alvie and kicking. But I absolutely loove how this band acts like nothing else, and just keeps on doing nothing!

It´s great that we didn´t get any video for "Better" as promised. But heeeey, it doesn´t matter that nothing happened anyway. Actually I like the feeling inside when promises are broken, and after all, it´s pretty cool.

And guys, doncha just love it when there are constant changes in the lineup! It´s so cool when people in the band replaced here and there. I don´t really care who´s in the band. So I love the way and revolving doors of GNR. It´s cool man!

Yeah, and then we have the silence! The great silence. I just love everyday that goes by without Axl communicates with the fans. This is probably the greatest thing about being a GNR-fan! I cannot wait until he posts another pic of his cat!

Man, I really do wish that NOTHING new comes out this year. I am DYING to see another AFD/CD-show. GNR is bigger and better than ever, ready to take over the world!

Actually, I hope that GNR stays silent forever! That´s the way a band should do things, it´s so fucking cool!

Love you guys!

Keep on rocking!

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest gunns5

I think GNR is a fully functional band, and that they treat their fans with outmost respect.

They have a great and informative homepage, it was lastly updated 2008, but hey guys, whatever ;) that does not matter. I like the dysfunctionality about this band! It´s so cool! Yeeah!

It´s great that the lead singer took hold of the band, just to keep the majority of new material buried. I know that he promised to keep things alvie and kicking. But I absolutely loove how this band acts like nothing else, and just keeps on doing nothing!

It´s great that we didn´t get any video for "Better" as promised. But heeeey, it doesn´t matter that nothing happened anyway. Actually I like the feeling inside when promises are broken, and after all, it´s pretty cool.

And guys, doncha just love it when there are constant changes in the lineup! It´s so cool when people in the band replaced here and there. I don´t really care who´s in the band. So I love the way and revolving doors of GNR. It´s cool man!

Yeah, and then we have the silence! The great silence. I just love everyday that goes by without Axl communicates with the fans. This is probably the greatest thing about being a GNR-fan! I cannot wait until he posts another pic of his cat!

Man, I really do wish that NOTHING new comes out this year. I am DYING to see another AFD/CD-show. GNR is bigger and better than ever, ready to take over the world!

Actually, I hope that GNR stays silent forever! That´s the way a band should do things, it´s so fucking cool!

Love you guys!

Keep on rocking!

ladies and gents, this is an example of a gnr fan who's mad as hell , watch out gnr!

Axl released CD!

after a 14 year wait :rolleyes: and what if you didn't like it? talk about a huge letdown.

He did tours.

not in my country

The band is out there

Axl isn't, and he is pretty much the only reason anyone is still interested in this band.

we have heard fromu him and other members

on these forums. What else do we want?

Do they give interviews? Yes; but for the most part they don't talk about GNR and when they do, imo, it always come across as a prepared press release, where they spit out a bunch of words, but they don't really say anything. And they repeat these same statements over and over in different interviews. <_<

No matter what GNR does you are going to put a negative spin on it.Ever thought about travelling to gigs,or does your cupcake bridge job not pay well? :lol:

?

He's right. Because you can't counter his claim, you call him a "cupcake"? That the go to defense now? If someone says something that you can't defend, you quit and say "cupcake!"?

Axl released CD!

after a 14 year wait :rolleyes: and what if you didn't like it? talk about a huge letdown.

He did tours.

not in my country

The band is out there

Axl isn't, and he is pretty much the only reason anyone is still interested in this band.

Do they give interviews? Yes; but for the most part they don't talk about GNR and when they do, imo, it always come across as a prepared press release, where they spit out a bunch of words, but they don't really say anything. And they repeat these same statements over and over in different interviews. <_<

No matter what GNR does you are going to put a negative spin on it.Ever thought about travelling to gigs,or does your cupcake bridge job not pay well? :lol:

?

He's right. Because you can't counter his claim, you call him a "cupcake"? That the go to defense now? If someone says something that you can't defend, you quit and say "cupcake!"?

Sunny isn't a cupcake?

Axl released CD!

He did tours.

not in my country

The band is out there

?

Sunny isn't a cupcake?

No, you are. Wouldn't expect you to notice with your head so far up Axl's ass though.

Sunny was voted to be the biggest cupcake on this site, by the forum members of this site - the people have spoken. Looks like you're the bad guys.

Axl released CD!

He did tours.

not in my country

The band is out there

?

Sunny isn't a cupcake?

No, you are. Wouldn't expect you to notice with your head so far up Axl's ass though.

Sunny was voted to be the biggest cupcake on this site, by the forum members of this site - the people have spoken. Looks like you're the bad guys.

They are infected by the "clown forum" it's like mad cow disease for cretins.

Our criticism of what GNR has become its right but to say Axl what to do isnt right. GNR become what Axl wanted to be,thats all.

*Its really stupid that most members here have a problem with quoting,wtf is this? Are you quoting 100 quotes to give an answer? :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

123.jpg :crazy: :crazy: :crazy:

Edited by Majestic Beast

Could be worse I guess. I love the album and I caught 2 great shows last year, fine enough for me. For now. I used to like the whole dysfunctionality thing, but I got bored with it. Maybe it's cuz it's been going on for too long, maybe cuz it's all the funny forum members who used to comment on it are gone (from this section at the very least). As for Axl? From all the interviews other people give about him there's one image you can piece together: he's insane. The dude is just not right in the head, and you can't really fault someone for that. It's the people around him that are the assholes here I guess, enablers; when I think of Axl's 'entourage' this is the image I have in mind.

But it's all fine I guess. It's all just not that important, is it? If they could only fire that moron who does the twitter/facebook updates, I'd be ok with everything.

Guest Len B'stard

I don't have any criticism of GnR or what it's become i just don't like it when people run down the old band cuz i think they were amazing and it's only when i'm drawn into that conversation that i even cast a critical eye over NuGuns, by virtue of the nature of comparitive discussion, otherwise, i couldn't give a shit, when they gig i'll go see em, when an album comes out i'll buy it but if not...who cares? It's ridiculous that i should care about when or how or with what frequency they release matierial, when they tour i'll see em when they don't i won't, simples as the meerkat'll tell ya.

But when people slag off Slash, THAT gets on my tits, that winds me up but in another way it doesn't because, the minute they get to criticising Slash as a musician and the work he's done, it's at that point that i know that that person is agitating for the sake of agitating and couldn't put a decent anti-Slash argument across if they wanted to...and so far no one has. every single instance of anyone trying to put across a decent anti-Slash argument with me has fallen flat on their face, as long as you're a fan of GnR, you can't rank on Slash. You can diss what you think his conduct may or may not have been but the minute you diss him as a musician, you're dissing, in no small part, the work of Guns n Roses and thats the long and short of it.

Look at how big the band was before Axl took control, and look at what they have become after Axl took control.

Anyone trying to argue that any and all criticism thrown his way isn't justified is not right in the head.

Guest Len B'stard

You ever get pelted with beverages during an Axl no show and be stuck in a riot, and over 9 years later no apology? Ever get censored by one of Axl's Pig Vomitting lackies? Ever defended an artist for over a decade to your peers only to be told you are better off removed?? Ever wait a decade for an album with 4 decent songs on it? Ever seen a promo pic of the new band? How many times have you seen them perform on live television? Ever read an Axl rant on a forum moderator, when you would have much preferred an update on his actual performing/recording fans? Ever wonder why Axl can't do a real interview? Ever wonder why you need a scorecard to keep track of how many "GNR" band members there have been? I think it's justified.

They should put this post in a phrase dictionary under "ripping a new one" :lol:

I don't think Axl understands the musician-fan dynamic. He's never given any indication that he gets what a fan is and how a fan thinks when it comes to heir favorite musician. Jeff Ament from Pearl Jam says in a new documentary "Having been a fan I don't wanna become something that I despised as a kid." Something tells me Axl was never a fan of anyone. One of those people who listens to the music but doesn't form that emotional connection without which we wouldn't be here on this website.

Guest Len B'stard

Wait so I'm a noob because I like both bands and I like the old band considerably more because they are my favourite band of all time?

I'm a noob because I was here before you?

WTF I am so confused by you mouth breathers.

Sugaraylen and SONOFABITCH, always right. Oh no I'm sorry you are both cupcakes, my mistake.

ignore Axl8302, he has trouble forging meaningful relationships, this is all he's got man, let him have his net clique if it means one less teen suicide.

Edited by sugaraylen