'Appetite' is over-rated?

fallingred85

the comments to his blog says it all:

I might have taken your review seriously if you weren't a tragically looking cretin so obviously mad at the world for letting people who are far more talented than you achieve fame and fortune. Clearly using the word "black person" in a song means that the band are promoting racism... The notion that Slayer are progressive and that the Sex Pistols are better than anyone put me in hysterics. I could write a 15 page article lamenting the fact that you get paid to write your drivel on a fairly prestigious website but I think I've said enough. Twat.

I don't give a fuck, that's just his opinion anyway. Who gives a fuck about what John Doran has to say about AFD? He doesn't like it? Whatever. <_<

It seems that Gn'R is a bit too mainstream and sold out for him. I agree, and I couldn't be happier with it. :thumbsup:

Sooo.. basically the author popped a ton of adderalls and then started babbling wildly and slightly incoherently all the while trying to sound sophisticated. It's fucking gibberish, it really is. The substance of his observations are shallow and errant, but he made sure to sound 'clever.'

'

In a way its satisfying to read that many uncreative immature metaphors in something that's attempting to slam an album I love, kind of legitimizes how badass of a record it is when a piss poor unfunny writer is writing a bad review for it. GNR is an easy target because there are so many GNR haters out there, they write shit like this because they know it'll stick

Some arguments, he used, against Appetite and Axl are exactly the same as about 20 years ago. He is certainly not very orgininal.

I don't mind people not liking the record, but calling it hair metal and using arguments, which has nothing to do with the music, is very annoying.

Here is the thing to the average person it appears that Axl is one of two things. 1. a grandstand artist that creates controversy to get attention-- i.e. Manson song, one in a million or 2. a real prick when it comes to diversity and minorities and women.

We know that the second is probably not true due to the Elton John and Freddie Mercury thing. He worships those two guys.

Most critics never picked up on the first but i think there is credence to the argument. Hey he was in a band to sell records and get shit stirred up. No prob in my mind but i think if you dont understand the first point it might lead you to the second.

This guy is a f'n tool.. Who would waste that much time writing about an album they hate?? Is that all they do over there? I clicked a couple links and it looks like they just trash shit.. Appetite = The greatest album of all time.. Fuck that asshole..

Guest siliconmessiah

AFD?

Overrated?

This is what got my youth years going. I am 28 years old now. I remember being 18, digging out some old dusty LP:s from my friends older brothers place, drinking my first beers & booze to Nightrain. Then we bought the Ritz show on VHS and it was some good years there. =)

AFD overrated?

No. Not even a little bit.

But I can agree that it has become a little outdated. Just as all the Beatles records etc.

We need the re-recorded one, with Buckets solo!

Edited by siliconmessiah

Something that I've learned over the course of the last 13 years I've been using message boards is this. No matter how sound the argument, no matter how sound the logic...there will ALWAYS be atleast a few people who will argue against it. It's just the nature of the internet. Everyone's just itching to argue...even if it's just for arguing's sake.