For those who claim that the band wasn't getting pelted with glass bottles in Dublin...

The Glow Inc.

I am a flooring installer, people clear thier homes expecting I am on time and they can get thier stuff back in order to cook in kitchen or use bathrooms, living rooms etc etc.

People pay THOUSANDS for my work everyday, yes they expect I am there on time and expect I finish on time, but that is not always possible.

They plan thier days around me, around work, school, etc etc.

I know it seems stupid to compare the two as I am not a rock star but its the same thing in my mind, people expect I am there at a certain time and if I am delayed so are thier plans.

Ceramic for instance, if I cant complete on time they may have to spend a night in hotel as you cannot walk on the tiles being set.

They may have to order dinner, get a babysitter or otherwise be extremely inconvenienced by me being there.

I can ruin day or evening plans, get togethers, family time, etc etc etc with my job

They may be upset when I am late but I have NEVER had shit thrown at me...

Okay then in that case I have a simple question for you. How many times have you made people wait because you literally couldn't be bothered to do your job?

I'm a Chemical Engineer and I spend all my time dealing with delayed work, managing contractors etc but a genuine delay is acceptable. Thing is we all know that this is nothing of the sort.

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a flooring installer, people clear thier homes expecting I am on time and they can get thier stuff back in order to cook in kitchen or use bathrooms, living rooms etc etc.

People pay THOUSANDS for my work everyday, yes they expect I am there on time and expect I finish on time, but that is not always possible.

They plan thier days around me, around work, school, etc etc.

I know it seems stupid to compare the two as I am not a rock star but its the same thing in my mind, people expect I am there at a certain time and if I am delayed so are thier plans.

Ceramic for instance, if I cant complete on time they may have to spend a night in hotel as you cannot walk on the tiles being set.

They may have to order dinner, get a babysitter or otherwise be extremely inconvenienced by me being there.

I can ruin day or evening plans, get togethers, family time, etc etc etc with my job

They may be upset when I am late but I have NEVER had shit thrown at me...

Okay then in that case I have a simple question for you. How many times have you made people wait because you literally couldn't be bothered to do your job?

I am not sure what you mean, if you think Axl chooses every night to go on late that is not right.

I have many times sat at the coffee shop not ready to go to work while making people wait. Sometimes I need that extra time to do my best at work. Would you rather I show up late and do my best at my best or come on time and be not 100%?

different people everyday at different shows, much like me going to different houses everyday with different people. What I am saying is if I am late do you think its ok to throw shit at me?

No but you can't be surprised if they do. I assume you're a famous rockstar by trade though or the comparison is invalid.

Why invalid? So I am not famous rock star so what? Its a job, I get paid to make people happy at mine, same thing. If I fuck up and show up late I should expect people to throw shit? SERIOUSLY?

Everyone agrees the throwing shit is wrong. But you really wouldn't expect people to be upset?

Another real world example: let's say the Leafs (NHL Toronto team for those that don't know) decide not to take the ice for an hour or

two after the crowd is settled in. No reason, they just don't feel like it yet. We can agree they would get a really negative reaction when they finally decided it was time to go to work for the people who bought tickets, no?

If NHL had opening games for each headlining game they had, had to fix(what's the word I'm looking for?) the ice between each games before the headlining game could go on, then maybe you could compare NHL to GNR.

I am not sure what you mean, if you think Axl chooses every night to go on late that is not right.

I have many times sat at the coffee shop not ready to go to work while making people wait. Sometimes I need that extra time to do my best at work. Would you rather I show up late and do my best at my best or come on time and be not 100%?

To put it bluntly if I'd contracted you to do a job for me and you were sat drinking coffee while I had a deadline to meet I'd fire your arse in a second and find somebody who was competent and punctual. I don't work with incompetent people. You sign a contract and promise to do a job for me then you do that job or I'll find somebody else who will. Is that not how it works in the rest of the world? I'm working every day from July 25th to September 3rd with only one day off to fulfil my current obligations. Often on 12 hour days to do what I said I would. I'm not sitting on my arse in Starbucks. If I was then a bottle at the head would be the least I would expect to be fair. :shrugs:

Edited by Dazey Does Dallas

youtube.com/watch?v=vQzhOyHTarU

youtube.com/watch?v=-A850nknFcg

youtube.com/watch?v=dsFK4eZoF2w

youtube.com/watch?v=XO4QsQxcpjk

youtube.com/watch?v=4WEyHa3igYg

I don't see any of these bands were late, so then what is the excuse in these examples?

To put it bluntly if I'd contracted you to do a job for me and you were sat drinking coffee while I had a deadline to meet I'd fire your arse in a second and find somebody who was competent and punctual. I don't work with incompetent people. You sign a contract and promise to do a job for me then you do that job or I'll find somebody else who will.

ok that should save you all sorts of time :shrugs: you want the best or a guy you can just grab at last minute while your house is upside down?

Edited by gunsguy

I'd love to know how many of those whinging prats would stand there singing their hearts out working up a sweat while they got pelted with shit from a bunch of thick ingrates.

"Ginger wankeerrrrr" about sums up the mentality of Dublin and a lot of other uncivilized parts of the world. Audiences that have no respect deserve no respect, and they certainly don't deserve a performance. People who can only express themselves by chucking shit at people like a bunch of primates belong behind bars with the rest of the dumb animals. Some people respect musicians. Some people are thick, stupid cunts who think "What, all I did was try to put you in hospital/blind you/cut your head open and now you won't sing for me? You ginger wankahhhhh"

Edited by tomfriend

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=40691

you can find alot of bands this happens too, late or on time some thoughtless yahoo always wants to start shit it seems

I might add opening bands get way more thrown at them as well, not sure why if you don't like the band go to the beer tent or food areas and wait till the band you like is there.

Korn 1995 opening for megadeth Toronto got hammered with shit the moment they got on stage, it was discusting to me

I don't see any of these bands were late, so then what is the excuse in these examples?

To put it bluntly if I'd contracted you to do a job for me and you were sat drinking coffee while I had a deadline to meet I'd fire your arse in a second and find somebody who was competent and punctual. I don't work with incompetent people. You sign a contract and promise to do a job for me then you do that job or I'll find somebody else who will.

ok that should save you all sorts of time :shrugs: you want the best or a guy you can just grab at last minute while your house is upside down?

I'm talking about multi million dollar construction projects and very tight deadlines. If I don't meet my deadlines the plant I work on could lose a fortune in lost production. If you're working for me then you need to be doing your job rather than pissing it up the wall in a coffee shop.

If NHL had opening games for each headlining game they had, had to fix(what's the word I'm looking for?) the ice between each games before the headlining game could go on, then maybe you could compare NHL to GNR.

OK, let's put it this way then. The anthem's been sung, the pre-game hype's finished. The time where the game would normally start has been reached. The Leafs decide they just don't feel like playing for another couple of hours. Does that work better for you?

Oh, and were you looking for the word zamboni?

I'm talking about multi million dollar construction projects and very tight deadlines. If I don't meet my deadlines the plant I work on could lose a fortune in lost production. If you're working for me then you need to be doing your job rather than pissing it up the wall in a coffee shop.

I was supposed to start one on Monday, I had to delay the contract 3 days. They were NOT happy but I will be there Wed and they will pay and all is well. I bet ya they dont throw shit at me when I show up! Yes its in the millions, yes its very tight deadlines.

But your getting away from the point, When I go to a show its not a tight deadline I am following nor am I spending millions to see it, its a rock show and a night out for me.

The coffee shop thing was a fabrication just to show that I could do that and no one would throw shit at me

Edited by gunsguy

I was supposed to start one on Monday, I had to delay the contract 3 days. They were NOT happy but I will be there Wed and they will pay and all is well. I bet ya they dont throw shit at me when I show up! Yes its in the millions, yes its very tight deadlines.

But your getting away from the point, When I go to a show its not a tight deadline I am following nor am I spending millions to see it, its a rock show and a night out for me.

The coffee shop thing was a fabrication just to show that I could do that and no one would throw shit at me

You were the one that compared it to your employment, I didn't see the comparison either so that's a bit pointless really. One question would be why don't they simply announce at point of sale that the show may be an hour or two later than advertised? Simple solution, nobody can complain, no excuses for idiots to throw things. Job done! Problem solved! End of???

gunsguy, everyone has said the throwing shit is wrong. it seems like you're deadset on ignoring the larger issue.

Which is? The thread is about throwing shit, its also about being late as justifying it no?

Why deliberately antagonize a crowd paying to see you?

You were the one that compared it to your employment, I didn't see the comparison either so that's a bit pointless really. One question would be why don't they simply announce at point of sale that the show may be an hour or two later than advertised? Simple solution, nobody can complain, no excuses for idiots to throw things. Job done! Problem solved! End of???

Hey saying the show is to start at midnight would be great for me, I said that before. well there is no excuse for people to throw shit, they still will as you can see in my videos up there

I wait for many things in life that I do not enjoy. I wait at doctors, the grocery, the drive thru's, the suplliers, the home depots, I wait for mail, the traffic lights I wait for gas, smokes, chips etc etc and dont throw shit at them

So why would I purposly do so at the band I paid to see? Something that I enjoy? :shrugs:

gunsguy, everyone has said the throwing shit is wrong. it seems like you're deadset on ignoring the larger issue.

Which is? The thread is about throwing shit, its also about being late as justifying it no?

Or simply just tell them when they buy the ticket? The only reason it's not printed that the band may be playing past midnight is because a lot of people would just not bother if they thought that was the case.

Hey saying the show is to start at midnight would be great for me, I said that before. well there is no excuse for people to throw shit, they still will as you can see in my videos up there

I wait for many things in life that I do not enjoy. I wait at doctors, the grocery, the drive thru's, the suplliers, the home depots, I wait for mail, the traffic lights I wait for gas, smokes, chips etc etc and dont throw shit at them

So why would I purposly do so at the band I paid to see? Something that I enjoy? :shrugs:

Print it on the tickets then! I literally wouldn't give a shit in that case. Tell the fans to expect a late one, book a hotel and take the next day off work. I always do that anyway but I can understand the frustration of people who don't and get shafted.

Why throw shit at the band you paid to see? And expect them to keep playing?

Why keep ignoring where everyone has said the throwing shit was wrong, but there's a larger issue? You keep replying, so I know you must have read the last couple of pages.

BAM! Thank you!

:thumbsup:

This thread just feels like it is going in circles. For fuck's sake people. Don't throw shit. AND, "if you see somebody, beside you, throwing something, beat the fucking shit out of them."

I get it, Axl shouldn't show up late, and while there is no reason for him to be there late, there's also no need for a bunch of fucktards to throw things.

Edited by Yesterdays-Civil-War

Why keep ignoring where everyone has said the throwing shit was wrong, but there's a larger issue? You keep replying, so I know

you must have read the last couple of pages

Axl being late isn't the larger issue. What makes Axl walk off stage and quit the show is the larger issue. And that's dickwads throwing shit. There is no excuse for throwing shit at band who is trying to put on a show for you.

Edited by packersnroses

BAM! Thank you!

This thread just feels like it is going in circles. For fuck's sake people. Don't throw shit. AND, "if you see somebody, beside you, throwing something, beat the fucking shit out of them."

I get it, Axl shouldn't show up late, and while there is no reason for him to be there late, there's also no need for a bunch of fucktards to throw things.

Dude, NOBODY is saying it's cool to throw shit but Axl must know he risks that by being so disrespectful to his fans every fucking show?

a band who is trying to put on a show for you.

Which band is that then? If they were trying surely they'd be on stage on time?

BAM! Thank you!

Dude, NOBODY is saying it's cool to throw shit but Axl must know he risks that by being so disrespectful to his fans every fucking show?

Disrespectful to fans? He shows the fans respect by going on tour and performing for them. God knows he doesn't need to. Axl's be going on late for 20 years. It's a non-issue because people should expect that from him.

My best advice for you is to never go to a GNR concert, even if the opportunity arises. You obviously can't handle Axl going late and taking up your precious time. ( by the way, if you can waste time on this forum, then you can waste on Axl. That's why you're here, isn't it?)

Edited by packersnroses