Manic Street Preachers

Georgy Zhukov

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that's pretty weird. It's not the same without the Teen wolf quote. I think the other one is Brando in Apicalypse Now.

It was actually Reflection in Golden Eye where he plays a gay army officer.

You ever read the full lyrics to William's Last Words? Very different song based on the play the Entertainer.

The US version of JFPL doesn't include the quotes due to copyright issues. I have the US and UK versions.

I believe James wouldn't give us the name of the Japanese film he used for Me and Stephan Hawking because he used it without their permission. :rofl-lol:

I feel like listening to their first three albums again because I think those were the best years before they became huge in the UK.

The US version of JFPL doesn't include the quotes due to copyright issues. I have the US and UK versions.

I believe James wouldn't give us the name of the Japanese film he used for Me and Stephan Hawking because he used it without their permission. :rofl-lol:

I feel like listening to their first three albums again because I think those were the best years before they became huge in the UK.

I still crank up GT every now and then. Still love GATS. Need to track down the GAST b-sides one of these days.

I still crank up GT every now and then. Still love GATS. Need to track down the GAST b-sides one of these days.

The b sides from GATS are some of the best stuff they've ever done. Prelude to the Holy Bible.

Most of those b sides are on Lipstick traces?

Donkeys is a classic. Patrick Bateman is pretty cool if a bit metal. Wrote for Luck was a Mondays cover. I think they were on Roses in the Hospital cd single.

The first three records are like the AFD of Manics.

Most of those b sides are on Lipstick traces?

Donkeys is a classic. Patrick Bateman is pretty cool if a bit metal. Wrote for Luck was a Mondays cover. I think they were on Roses in the Hospital cd single.

The first three records are like the AFD of Manics.

I never got around to buying "Lipstick Traces."

I know that "Patrick Bateman" isn't on there, and that's a cool song.

I listen to it on YouTube. I don't have Roses or Landslide singles anymore. Lipstick seems like a solid purchase.

The b sides are ok but there's nothing mind blowing. Prelude to History is pretty rocking. I like Dead Trees and Traffic Islands. Roses in the Hospital 12" remix was pretty good. One or two of the remixs of Tolerate and Faster remix was brutal.

I haven't heard Judge Yerself.

I hope they come back soon with a new album.

are there b sides for plague lovers?

I listen to it on YouTube. I don't have Roses or Landslide singles anymore. Lipstick seems like a solid purchase.

The b sides are ok but there's nothing mind blowing. Prelude to History is pretty rocking. I like Dead Trees and Traffic Islands. Roses in the Hospital 12" remix was pretty good. One or two of the remixs of Tolerate and Faster remix was brutal.

No, only demo tracks plus bag lady.

There was an instrumental on the Japanese version called "Alien Armies / Invisible Orders" or something to that effect.

That sounds like a Richey title. I think on wikipedia they say something like there were lyrics/prose that they just couldn't do. But maybe they didn't understand. I wouldn't be surprised if they put out more richey songs.

If Richey was abducted by aliens and he comes back and starts talking about being on an alien space craft. that would be amazing promo.

Richey wrote a song called Alien armies/Invisible Orders but Nicky and James couldn't break them down into lyrics.

I'm not normally a fan of instrumental music, but "Alien Armies / Invisible Orders" is amazing.

It sounds like the soundtrack to the end of the world. It'll be on my December 21st, 2012 playlist.

Manics seem to have a penchant for / in titles.

I need to listen to Lovers more but it's just so harsh. I'm going to put It on iPod with CD and party.

Looks like I might be missing a few PFAYM b-sides that were on website exclusive formats.

Seems like a few from "This Is the Day" as well, including one that was only available on an HMV pre-order CD.

I love the Manics, but the thousands of limited edition b-sides scattered across a thousand different formats per release drives me completely insane.

I don't but cd singles anymore so completely behind. I guess iTunes could be good way at some point.

You can't really say they don't give the fans music. But what impact these songs have I don't know. Manics has an obsessive fan base. I went to this exhibition of fan made art in the UK. Oil paintings of Richey, collages of magazine cuttings. Poems etc.

Hopefully they put out anthology of all these b sides.