Manic Street Preachers

Georgy Zhukov

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I bet Richey and Nicky would have loved it when the album cover for AFD was the Challenger exploding.

AFD was their inspiration for GT. They wanted sell 20 million with their first album than break up. If they sell out its good. They wanted to be used. As oppose to the rise of alternative bands that want to feel exclusive.

I remember seeing videos of live shows in the early days when Nicky's bass was turned up way too high and you hear him fucking up throughout the song. He has gotten better since though.

Think it was Reading in 1991 or 92.

Sometimes they turned Richeys guitar too high too. And he never improved.

I saw them around the release of GT at Rock City and it was a great show but there wasn't much bass it was really just James guitar and Sean drums and some keyboard guy in the back. But the next time I saw them

For Gold against the soul they seemed like a real band. but both shows were theatrical. the knew what poses to strike etc.

Getting more and more obsessed with "Everything Must Go."

Been meaning to pick up "National Treasures" and the new Oasis anthology for a while now.

Forgot how great that Oasis was as well. They had some popularity here in the US, but nothing like the near Beatlemania hysteria that happened in the UK.

It's toss up between Ian Curtis and Richey who wrote the darkest lyrics. I think that's why Everything Must Go is great you've got that the darkest lyrics but then these normal guy lyrics trying to survive it. I'd love to hear Manics cover Love Will Tear Us Apart by Joy Division.