Manic Street Preachers

Georgy Zhukov

I've been over the Severn bridge quite a few times it's not massive but it was the currents they talked about in

Police statements etc. I think at a certain time they take you out to sea. but the water could have been freezing in February was it? considering he could have been in weakened state...

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It says 136 meters on wiki so that is quite a fall. it's not going to be fun anyway.

there's a book called A version of Reason: the search for Richey Edwards. In someways the cars position In Utero in the tape deck. I wouldn't mind getting that book lol

but it would be nice to read it and kind of get a take on it. When I saw a pick of the bridge I just think he jumped off and body was swept out. why else go there? If your going to disappear maybe you through a decoy but who does that?

I actually put a lot of their albums on

My mp3 player. listening to plague lovers and holy bible quite a bit. SATT and Lifeblood.

I think on Lifeblood Always/Never and Solitude sometimes Is are more rocky. Fragments is from a poem by Patrick Jones Nicky's Brother. He's a poet or something.

A Song for Departure is pretty, To repel Ghosts.

I noticed that Empty souls is very like Noel Gallagers if I had a gun.

Emily is about some feminist chick. I thought it was about one of their wives.

Doing a song about Richard Nixon is good, cool video too. but some of the lyrics are a bit clunky. but they have to say it. but one of my favorites on the chorus.

I don't think they've made a bad record really.

Cardiff Afterlife is about Richey. Sometimes I think he's still sending them lyrics.

that meat cleaver story was pretty disturbing, even by richey standards

that would have been the worst thing ever. Japanese fans sending him knives is pretty scary.

Actually it's Aka..what a life! Sounds like Empty Souls.

I thought so kind of has the momentum from track to track. really open big sound. First three big songs, then there's Platitudes smack in the middle and Future and Entertainment from end. The Duff track is pretty good too, I take that about mygnr forum lol. a million lies becoming the truth! very ballardian.

I love the Future has been here 4ever. It's like a Keef Richards solo song with a huge orchestra to back it up.

They said they were influenced by EMG for Postcards. I guess in the mid 90s EMG sounded really bombastic.

The Asian fans were so fucked up. At fan gatherings they kept giving Richey razor blades demanding he cut himself. Good thing Nicky found that meat clever.

If Richey were still alive he would probably have one arm by now.

It's really like the original 4 Real carving. These weird visual statements. That why I guess he's dead, almost inspired by Cobain and Ian Curtis. I can imagine him thinkingbits his job as rock star to do the perfect rock n roll suicide. He seemed to have these nihilistic concepts then want to act them out in the media. but then to just vanish. I hope he's just somewhere thinking I did great job.

Can't believe i've only just discovered there is a Manics post in this forum!!!!!!!!!!! Love this band to death.

Been a fan since about 93/94 and happy to say that my favorite albums are actuallly the last three, with Tigers just about taking the crown. Never thought i'd be saying that during the lifeblood era!

An amazing ruturnto for for such a hard working band.

Amazing live too.

i love the little piano bit throughout

so out of place; they're just taking these rock'n'roll cliches, chewing them up and putting them on display

absolutely ridiculous!

the piano on Found that Soul reminded me of UYI era GNR songs with Dizzy Reed piano like Bad Apples/14 Years/Catcher. I really like seconded side of Know Your Enemy. Intraveinous Agnostic also rocks.

Vote for your favorite top 10 Manics songs here

http://nme.com/blog/index.php?blog=10&p=11209&title=manic_street_preachers_their_10_best_tra&more=1&c=1

Edited by wasted

actually it's damn hard to pick 10. I've been trying to put together a sort of perfect album for a while.

Side 1

Sleepflower

Faster

You Love Us

From Despair To Where

PCP

Motorcycle Emptiness

Side 2

Peeled Apples

Motown Junk

Found That Soul

Masses Against the Classes

Autumn Song

Postcards from a Young Man

Can't believe i've only just discovered there is a Manics post in this forum!!!!!!!!!!! Love this band to death.

Been a fan since about 93/94 and happy to say that my favorite albums are actuallly the last three, with Tigers just about taking the crown. Never thought i'd be saying that during the lifeblood era!

An amazing ruturnto for for such a hard working band.

Amazing live too.

true I thought they were turning into New Order with Lifeblood, although it's not that bad really. not enough guitars though for me.

I agree its not that bad, love 1985 and Cardiff Afterlife. Seen them at the Colston hall,Bristol on that tour, faster was fooookin insane that night!

Picking the perfect 10 manics songs is impossible as there are just too many, and they kinda reflect my mood i.e. sometimes i wanna hear the genius biting Richie tunes, and sometimes i wanna hear the beautifully reflective nicky tunes.

In some ways i think its best summed up by saying Journal is my fave album for the former(biting) where as tigers is my favorite album for the later (reflective).

Again, its amazing to say that about two such recent albums, baring in mind it was gen-ter,gold & bible that git me in to them in the first place!.

Listening to postcards now - amazing album. Only album i'm not overly keen on is TIMTTMY, tho the Everlasting is one of my fave Manic songs lol.