How much longer do you think Axl will continue on as GNR for?

ITW 2012

How much longer do you think Axl will continue on as GNR for? He is turning 50 next year after all. I know acts like The Stones and Aerosmith are still out there doing it, but I really don't see Axl as one of those type of guys. I figure he'll go for one more album cycle with CD II, and that will probably be it. Perhaps if we are really lucky he'll put out some piano albums in his 60's, though I could see him just completely disappearing for good.

Edited by ITW 2012

Ye of little faith.

Axl will continue to work part-time. He didn't go through all the turmoil, lawsuits, strife and struggles just to let Guns n Roses gently vanish into the ether. No, I think he's got an ace up his sleeve. And while Guns has been off the radar in many respects, I still have faith: I still believe he wants to share his music with the world. When the constraints imposed by lawyers and big business are lifted, there will be a beckoning from the heavens which Axl will not be able to ignore: he will share his voice and his band's music with us once more.

Somewhere within the realm of his creativity, there is ambition that will never be tempered.

Edited by Popcorn's Timbre

It seems to me that Axl enjoys touring as sort of a vacation. It's like he's sort of frozen in time from the days when GNR ruled the world and when he gets out of the house and tours, he still rolls like he's got the most successful current band out there. He hubs out of bad-ass luxury hotels and travels by private jet or helicopter to the venues located in the less sexy cities when his band and road crew are left to ride the buses from city to city. Meanwhile, he's got the promoter organizing parties at the popular night clubs with the hottest models around.

You never hear of Axl this sort of thing when he's home in Malibu but he's a wild man on the road... slapping paparrazi, biting the authorities in the leg, fighting with Tommy Hilfiger. When he leaves his city for the tour, Axl lives like he's 28 again and seems to live the life of excess. I personally think it's cool because he is larger than life to me and many of us. No rock guys roll like that anymore. Many rockers seem to even perceive partying like Axl does as unprofessional and cliche. Axl makes no apologies.

I don't see him changing either. I think he'll tour well into his 50's.

Ye of little faith.

Axl will continue to work part-time. He didn't go through all the turmoil, lawsuits, strife and struggles just to let Guns n Roses gently vanish into the ether. No, I think he's got an ace up his sleeve. And while Guns has been off the radar in many respects, I still have faith: I still believe he wants to share his music with the world. When the constraints imposed by lawyers and big business are lifted, there will be a beckoning from the heavens which Axl will not be able to ignore: he will share his voice and his band's music with us once more.

Somewhere within the realm of his creativity, there is ambition that will never be tempered.

Quality remark here,Artists are driven from within to create and share their vision and dreams regardless of the pressure,chaos,legal system or industry that seems to be hell bent on derailing that train.

Age is relative,when I was 20 I could not envision 40,in the 1800's lifespans were not as long as they are now and this has impacted society more ways than I care to name.

It seems to me that Axl enjoys touring as sort of a vacation. It's like he's sort of frozen in time from the days when GNR ruled the world and when he gets out of the house and tours, he still rolls like he's got the most successful current band out there. He hubs out of bad-ass luxury hotels and travels by private jet or helicopter to the venues located in the less sexy cities when his band and road crew are left to ride the buses from city to city. Meanwhile, he's got the promoter organizing parties at the popular night clubs with the hottest models around.

You never hear of Axl this sort of thing when he's home in Malibu but he's a wild man on the road... slapping paparrazi, biting the authorities in the leg, fighting with Tommy Hilfiger. When he leaves his city for the tour, Axl lives like he's 28 again and seems to live the life of excess. I personally think it's cool because he is larger than life to me and many of us. No rock guys roll like that anymore. Many rockers seem to even perceive partying like Axl does as unprofessional and cliche. Axl makes no apologies.

I don't see him changing either. I think he'll tour well into his 50's.

I wonder what he does at home?

Guest Len B'stard

I guess that some of the Rolling Stones fans back in the 1970s didn't picture Jagger singing at 60, either

well, it happened

Mick was asked on the Dick Cavett show whether he thought he'd be doing this still in his 60s and he said "oh yeah, easily". But Mick was always lithe and agile and trim. Axl isn't. Mick is Mick, everybody can't be Mick.

Guest siliconmessiah

I think he can go on full-fledged for another 10 years under the right circumstances.

As volcano stated, Axl was in good shape during the last tour.

But doesn´t that mean......that there´ll only be 1 or 2 more GNR-records ever made?! My god, I don´t wanna see that happen... :scared:

Edited by siliconmessiah

I think there may be some point in the future where he doesn't like the whole GN'R habit anymore. But I see that actually as a chance. I'm still dreaming of a laid-back, acoustic guitar/piano album from the man - kind of like Zakk's Book of shadows.

With Axls hand for melodies, this would be mindblowing music - without any screaming, full blown guitars and rockstar athletics. :D

Do you think he still enjoys touring?

Apparently, or else he would stop.

He did stop for 8 years. Then played a couple of one off gigs then was forced to do a tour, albeit he said the tour was good for the band. Man is a fucking genius, I hope he releases this next record sometime soon.