Should GnR officially leak a snippet..

Young_Gun

I'm not sure what other bands have done this, but I think a perfect and inexpensive way to promote the new tour would be to provide a minute sample of a new Guns N' Roses song on Facebook. Fuck their official website, they have almost 12 million fans on Facebook, not to mention the press they would get from media outlets, websites, etc. Of course, it would have to be done a little closer to the start of the tour to avoid hype dropping off. What do you guys think? It would have to be something epic and full of fury, a statement, the song of choice should also be then played live on tour.

Edited by Young_Gun

That's not enough. They should really release the first single off CD II on Facebook and announce a release date for the album.

This is GnR here though, I personally think getting a snippet out of GnR would be like getting gold out of bird droppings.

In all seriousness though, if the next album is ready, then a snippet, release date and announcement should accompany the tour. But if it's not ready, a snippet will have the forums running a muck! It's the kind of promotion needed.

Guest gunns5

It could only benefit GnR, leak the first half of the general ( even though they play the intro in it's entirety during the last few toures)

Guest ben9785

They should do a guerrilla/unofficial-official trailer for the upcoming set of shows, like they did with the "Better" tour promo/pro-shot teaser teaser, with footage of the band playing live starting with the studio version of the "General" orchestral arrangement that they used for the live shows (if that's what it really is), and then just have 10 seconds clip of a new song with a wild Axl wail and ripping riffs just to heighten the tension in a good way.

Edited by ben9785

Websites crashed when the shitty quality boot of IRS from the Trunk show leaked. When studio quality shit leaked, no GNR message board was able to keep up with the traffic. A leak would be huge to the music world, fuck what we hardcores think. That's the way to generate interest. A leak would be genius - too smart, in fact, for us to actually expect GNR to do it.

Guest siliconmessiah

They should really release the first single off CD II on Facebook and announce a release date for the album.

This.

It would be a fantastic start for a half-year of touring!

Edited by siliconmessiah

I always thought a cool promo for a new gnr album would be a 1 or 2 minute video and for it to be setup like this;

A black screen with a heart beating and it getting fast and faster with people talking saying stuff like "yeah but he's too old, he ruined the best band in rock history, we waited 15 years for that...etc..." then showing the band up on stage and playing a clip of the general or one of those badass unreleased rockers... Then it saying "they have some unfinished business"

Idk, I think that would be a badass promo

Guest siliconmessiah

I always thought a cool promo for a new gnr album would be a 1 or 2 minute video and for it to be setup like this;

A black screen with a heart beating and it getting fast and faster with people talking saying stuff like "yeah but he's too old, he ruined the best band in rock history, we waited 15 years for that...etc..." then showing the band up on stage and playing a clip of the general or one of those badass unreleased rockers... Then it saying "they have some unfinished business"

Idk, I think that would be a badass promo

It´s 2004-2006 all over this post. =)

I remember how we all wished for a bad ass promotion for Chinese Democracy. We all know what came out of it.

The counter on the official homepage was cool however, too bad that the whole damn thing had leaked out by then...=/

Edited by siliconmessiah