Do you think if they play a new song/s at Rio, we'll get CDII in 2012

Guest Gunns

Guest gunns5

Do you think if they play a new song/s at Rio, it's a sign we'll get CDII in 2012?

And vice versa, no new songs at Rio= no album in 2012

Edited by gunns5

Guest siliconmessiah

I can´t even see why people doubt that there will be new songs? There will be a bunch of ´em!

They are returning to Rio where they were in 2010. Of course the setlist won´t be exactly the same as then.

Edited by siliconmessiah

I can´t even see why people doubt that there will be new songs? There will be a bunch of ´em!

They are returning to Rio where they were in 2010. Of course the setlist won´t be exactly the same as then.

You seem very confident about that, but I won't be shocked if no new songs are played.

As for CDll, the indication of what Axl is planning to do could in fact be new material played in Rio but anything is possible with this band as we waited for Chinese Democracy 7 years since Rio 2001.

Guest gunns5

Ron just said in the chat when answering Randy laheys question

"any chance of new songs at Rio , Ron?"

"Dont know, but theres a big chance of plenty old songs"

:xmasssanta:

in response to Estranged..

"dont mention the E word" LOL

Edited by gunns5

Do you think if they play a new song/s at Rio, it's a sign we'll get CDII in 2012?

some sort of play on "round 2" would feel appropriate - it's been ten years almost since the bell went for the end of round one.

kind of a long time to get pep talked in the corner by your coach don't you think.

:xmasschef:

some sort of play on "round 2" would feel appropriate - it's been ten years almost since the bell went for the end of round one.

kind of a long time to get pep talked in the corner by your coach don't you think.

:xmasschef:

well Merk, just like Igor in rocky 3 bit the dust, so its time for Axls comeback and what better boxing ring to make the comeback then Rio?

Well that's that. Probably less than a 10% chance for a new nu song. I'm sincerely suprised. I thought for sure rock in rio would be the beginning of something.

To be fair some of you guys did make too much out of too little. "Yeah, we're writing songs all the time!" "OMFGZ NEWW ALBUMZZZ SOOONNN!" Sadly, and I do mean sadly, it looks like the skeptics are gonna be right yet again.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the band hasn't recorded new songs in-between these tours. Axl has been busy with a law suit and the other members have been doing their own stuff. What could happen, though, is the debut of one or a few new "old" songs. Songs intended for the twin album to CD. In other words, one or more of the songs that Axl has intended for the next release. It is fair to assume many of the members have already rehearsed some of these songs before (during CD rehearsals and recordings), and when the band convene in LA for tour rehearsals some of these songs could be brought up again, especially if Axl intends to release the follow-up after the tour.

Completely new songs written by the current live line-up needs to be written before they can be played live. I doubt they will start writing and rehearsing really new songs now in LA, especially if Axl insists on not being part of the rehearsals.

So, to summarize. A few new old songs may be played at RIR, if Axl feels they are ready to be debuted. Still, the majority of the set-list will be like in 2010.

Well that's that. Probably less than a 10% chance for a new nu song. I'm sincerely suprised. I thought for sure rock in rio would be the beginning of something.

To be fair some of you guys did make too much out of too little. "Yeah, we're writing songs all the time!" "OMFGZ NEWW ALBUMZZZ SOOONNN!" Sadly, and I do mean sadly, it looks like the skeptics are gonna be right yet again.

It shouldn't surprise anyone that the band hasn't recorded new songs in-between these tours. Axl has been busy with a law suit and the other members have been doing their own stuff. What could happen, though, is the debut of one or a few new "old" songs. Songs intended for the twin album to CD. In other words, one or more of the songs that Axl has intended for the next release. It is fair to assume many of the members have already rehearsed some of these songs before (during CD rehearsals and recordings), and when the band convene in LA for tour rehearsals some of these songs could be brought up again, especially if Axl intends to release the follow-up after the tour.

Completely new songs written by the current live line-up needs to be written before they can be played live. I doubt they will start writing and rehearsing really new songs now in LA, especially if Axl insists on not being part of the rehearsals.

So, to summarize. A few new old songs may be played at RIR, if Axl feels they are ready to be debuted. Still, the majority of the set-list will be like in 2010.

maybe round 1.5..

:rofl-lol:

I'd take Silkworms at this point, or even a slightly remixed CD song, I'm just glad the band is still doing something.

glad of what?

not even an offical photo?

at that counts to gnr is money.

music don't really matters.

Edited by auad

I hope Ron gets fired because of his piss-poor attitude. he's actually the only member I don't like. he looks like a dweeb and has zero stage presence. he's also a little bitch and has this constant negative attitude about the way the band is run. doesn't he realize he's working for a business headed by Axl? He's a paid employee, he needs to drop the attitude or get the fuck out. he complains about not making new music, but if he's so upset, why doesn't he do it on his own? oh, that's right, it's because his solo music sucks donkey balls. :rofl-lol:

Are you guys STILL so naive that you think "new" song will be played?? :rofl-lol:

It will be the same rutine once again. Just as every other "Chinese Democracy" tour. Wait and see.

Remember, we still have that deal that if Guns show up to RIR, you leave these forums, if they don't, I leave.

Guest siliconmessiah

Are you guys STILL so naive that you think "new" song will be played?? :rofl-lol:

It will be the same rutine once again. Just as every other "Chinese Democracy" tour. Wait and see.

Remember, we still have that deal that if Guns show up to RIR, you leave these forums, if they don't, I leave.

I think you can count me in on this.

If RIR is a no show, I will never bother about GNR again.

If RIR is a no show. This band is knocked down, finished and counted out.

Edited by siliconmessiah