Nu Guns' 2nd album will sell more than Libertad

saber_

Hope it does better in the US than CD I did. First step in the right direction would be NOT to have an exclusive deal with any company.

If what Axl is saying is true in that if you didn't like ChiDem I you will not like the rest of the CHiDem leftovers I wouldn't count on it........But sales numbers don't mean anything right Axl fans?

Still trolling the GNR section? Pathetic.

Actually sales don't dictate how good ANY music is.

Lady Gaga sure isn't good.

I am not a Gaga fan but that is your opinion which Millions seem to disagree with..........same thing goes for Libertad, it did not sell well but that does not make it a bad album...........

Maybe millions of people listen to Gaga because they are told she's good? Lots of people will listen to whatever is "hip". Poor lost souls.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that the playing field is even, there are no more secrets, the collective fan consciousness has a certain awareness, and so now.. I tell you:

Nu Guns' 2nd album will sell more than Libertad. There is no debate. It is indisputable. A foregone conclusion.

This is quite definitely an accomplishment on several levels, so perhaps it's time to give credit where credit is due.

Carry on.

just let me know when I can buy it ok bud....maybe I'll live to see it

Hope it does better in the US than CD I did. First step in the right direction would be NOT to have an exclusive deal with any company.

If what Axl is saying is true in that if you didn't like ChiDem I you will not like the rest of the CHiDem leftovers I wouldn't count on it........But sales numbers don't mean anything right Axl fans?

Still trolling the GNR section? Pathetic.

Actually sales don't dictate how good ANY music is.

Lady Gaga sure isn't good.

I am not a Gaga fan but that is your opinion which Millions seem to disagree with..........same thing goes for Libertad, it did not sell well but that does not make it a bad album...........

Maybe millions of people listen to Gaga because they are told she's good? Lots of people will listen to whatever is "hip". Poor lost souls.

That can be said for any artist including Guns N Roses...how many times have you seen someone wearing a concert shirt for a band because it was cool but could not name most of the songs or possibly who is in the band? I know I have......

I saw a girl at work wearing a Guns t-shirt and I asked if she heard Chinese Democracy...she didn't even know what it was. She said she only heard the songs. I bet she's never listened to AFD. Kids these days don't even listen to albums anymore. It's all about singles now.

Yeah it's all about the image. When I was young it was all boy bands and Britney, nothing but lip sync, choreography and sex appeal. I rather listened to ugly rock and roll and boy did it make me uncool.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Kids these days don't even listen to albums anymore. It's all about singles now.

It's like we are going backwards instead of moving forward. Wasn't singles the way of music back in the 40's, 50's ?

Didn't Elvis only release singles for a good amount of his career? Correct me if i am wrong...

Back then it made more sense. You can fit so many songs on a record dating back the 40's and 50's. As soon they can start releasing LP's with 14 2 minute songs albums became a hit. Then they started designing crazy art work covers and inner sleeves and what not that albums became an artistic statement. What does the new RCHP album inclusive? Lyrics and pictures of band members. Nothing else. Boring. The vinyl record remains a collector's idem while the CD is dying.

I actually think it was Elvis who was one of the first to popularize albums over singles. I think Chuck Berry had a hand in it too.

Libertad just sounds like STP if Scott would dump every bandmember and hire Ex-Guns members.

I agree with you 100% and even sounds like Scott's solo stuff in spots...Contraband was written before Scott joined the band and SLash has stated Scott did not have much input into that album but with Libertad he has said in interviews that Scott had a lot of input so it should be no surprise.......

I love Can't Get It Out of My Head. Fantastic song. I see Slash wanting to be in more creative control of VR though. Glad STP is back though

Edited by BirdCatcher

Kids these days don't even listen to albums anymore. It's all about singles now.

It's like we are going backwards instead of moving forward. Wasn't singles the way of music back in the 40's, 50's ?

Didn't Elvis only release singles for a good amount of his career? Correct me if i am wrong...

Singles were popular into the 80's..Def Leppards career was made on singles from Pyromania and Hysteria....................

A lot of fans still appreciated the albums though. I think the album went into decline in the 80's when singles were backed by music videos. But you still see people buying records. And another big thing was singles with b-sides. You can hear music that was not on the album. That sold well. Now you can buy one song for 99 cents on digital download or not pay for it at all.

It's still kinda funny that axl, WITH the gnr name, took 14 years to put out an album that sold just as much, if not less than what vr took not even one year to put out. And contraband sold more than twice than cd did in the us alone.

Out of curiousity, how much did libertad sell worldwide?

BoBo,I'm sure someone in the VR section would supply you with that information. I don't rely on charts,numbers,reviews or popularity to determine what I like and listen to. I am looking forward to the next GNR event,and I'm enjoying the ride.

Not saying you shouldn't, or that you can't like music for what it is. Each to their own, just stating a fact, and stating it here because the topic of the thread has a lot to do with velvet as well.

Okay,you made a valid point and we don't see eye to eye on things but we both love GNRs, I really hope you get to catch a gig this time around.

:lol: at "NuGuns" it still gives me a laugh when people use such a tired phrase.

They have used that phrase far too long. Come on haters and whiners, get some new and original ammo in your arsenal. :xmassrudolph:

Even Axl called it NuGuns! I think sounds pretty funny. Also, Cuntraband and Liberturd. Teehee. :)

HA! I had to read that twice to catch what you typed :lol: @ cuntraband!!

6o0879.jpg

I have no idea what the fuck that is or where the fuck it is from, but I just about damn near died laughing. Good god.... :rofl-lol:

I'm still laughing at it from last night,what the fuck is it?

It's this thing.

You just made my fucking night. Gracias :xmasssanta:

Singles were popular into the 80's..Def Leppards career was made on singles from Pyromania and Hysteria....................

On a side note......imo, Hysteria killed deff leppard. They went from being a kickass hard rock band to being a "POP" band.

Hysteria sold millions of copies.....but now 13 year old girls were listening to them and not just people who liked rock bands. And after hysteria, they put out numerous soft albums.

Sad for rock fans.....but the band made lots of money.

On a side note......imo, Hysteria killed deff leppard. They went from being a kickass hard rock band to being a "POP" band.

Hysteria sold millions of copies.....but now 13 year old girls were listening to them and not just people who liked rock bands. And after hysteria, they put out numerous soft albums.

Agreed. High N' Dry and Pyromania are 2 albums I can listen to top to bottom pretty much any day.

Plus VR had just as much curiosity and interest in the rock world that Chinese Democracy did. CD was axls creation. While VR was a super group, bringing two large fan bases to the table.

The only way to compare first album sales would have been in Axl had formed a super group. Like if he teamed up with the Van Halen brothers.

Agreed. High N' Dry and Pyromania are 2 albums I can listen to top to bottom pretty much any day.

Van Halen's Hot for Teacher helped boost 1984 sales thanks mostly to it's racy (at the time) video. I think the album declined when the MP3 took over. Of course what's destroying music is record companies fronting talentless people who are no more than a pretty face while 60 year old dudes are writing their songs. The fact these talentless hacks are getting songwriting credits is laughable.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Clearly, some people feel very strongly about this subject.

Emotions run strong in the gnr fan world.

However, the comparison is fair, and is interesting for several reasons. There is some very real comparison/contrast subject matter at hand here. For example, it's interesting to contrast the differing promotional styles, and the inverse relationship to the ultimate performance of each band's sophomore effort.