Nu Guns' 2nd album will sell more than Libertad

saber_

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How the hell did we get to talking about Gaga? Its been said a million times before and I'll be one to say it again. She is just a rerun of Madonna, worse than Madonna, who was bottom of the barrel to begin with. It seems like a ton of my generation seems to love her just like another yet to be named person, both of which try their hardest to be something that is actually not a massive train wreck, but fail to achieve anything. They're exactly what record companies want nowadays tools who can appeal to my generation. And my generation love to eat up all the shit out there, fuck my generation :fuckyou: Most musicians play with no soul anymore, nothing special, just a damn computer making up all the beats and other shit backing them. Guns is everything that the record companies don't want, so point goes to GNR :D

On Topic: I can see it happening, Libertad didn't turn out that well, I've seen one copy used in a store so far (which I bought), and I'm pretty sure that it didn't go gold, so its not very hard for CDII to beat those sales. GNR are still pretty damn big around the world as seen by the touring, so I can see the album doing well enough to beat those sales with that alone. Oh and there may be half a million Americans that end up buying it if we all chip in and buy a couple of copies each and if we can eliminate so of the previously mentioned pop and rap.

This, people in society have become placent and content to believe lies they are told,and to suck on music that they are told to like.Anyone that cannot see that Gagme isn't a Madonna rerun is pretty stupid or naieve,even Madonna mentioned the ripoff. This isn't a very creative time for entertainment in general to be honest. They are renaming old movies instead of coming up with new and different themes.

You,ie: society as a whole are the ones who can change this,by demanding to hear music you enjoy.GNRs doesn't play by the rules,and catch Hell from the media as well as people who claim to be "fans". I hope they continue to push envelopes,break curfews,all while making real music,borne out of real emotion and Passion.This is the music that actually matters,hits you right between the eyes,and makes you feel and think.This feeds my soul and makes it all worthwhile.

yeah basically whatever tabloid or entertainment tv tell people to buy they will buy.

as for the next gnr album outselling libertard that will not be too difficult

Kinda pissed all of my old posts apparently got deleted. Pretty asinine.

As for the topic at hand, I think it's a bold statement at this point. Libertad sold 222,000 just in the US in 2007. Can't seem to find any numbers worldwide at this time. But Libertad's US sales weren't even that far of a cry from CD's US sales, so I think we're just counting chickens before their hatched.

There's really no demand for another nu album, not nearly like there was for CD. I think it'll probably be in the same ball park unless there's something mindblowing on there the general public digs. But I personally do not believe there will ever be another official album released by Axl again. Only time will tell.

Yeah it appears volcano's got wiped too. However, some of your posts are quoted, so they're not all missing. The thread is weird to read though, with those missing. Wonder if they can restore the posts? I'm rusty on my database stuff, but it's definitely within the realm of possibility depending on how it's configured.

Perhaps the thread's premise could be something that fans could wager on. I'd bet money against all the doubters. Of course... we'd need a new album before my psychic vision could be gambled on. ; )

Edited by Popcorn's Snare

Lady Gaga will out sell them all.

Her music is shite but she knows how to do a proper remix/re-release album. Also how to treat fans well and build a fanbase. #LittleMonsters

Edited by Brodie

so perhaps it's time to give credit where credit is due.

Carry on.

So we're going to give Axl and GNR credit for an album that doesn't exist and may never exist? Strange mode of behaviour. Personally, I tend to give credit to action, not false promises.

Second, why do you really care? Ask yourself, what would you rather have: a GNR album that you love or an album that sold through the roof but you hated? Axl could have featuring guest musicians like Eminem, Rhianna, Pink, Lady Ga Ga and have it produced by Dr. Dre (oops, maybe not him, seems likely to pass on opportunity) or Skrillex or Deadmau5 and it could sell through the roof.

Why people need GNR to sell a lot of albums to make them feel better about their love for GNR is something I'll never understand.

Cheers,

Andrew

Carry on.

So we're going to give Axl and GNR credit for an album that doesn't exist and may never exist? Strange mode of behaviour. Personally, I tend to give credit to action, not false promises.

Second, why do you really care? Ask yourself, what would you rather have: a GNR album that you love or an album that sold through the roof but you hated? Axl could have featuring guest musicians like Eminem, Rhianna, Pink, Lady Ga Ga and have it produced by Dr. Dre (oops, maybe not him, seems likely to pass on opportunity) or Skrillex or Deadmau5 and it could sell through the roof.

Why people need GNR to sell a lot of albums to make them feel better about their love for GNR is something I'll never understand.

Cheers,

Andrew

I stated quite clearly that I've had a prescient vision. There will be a new album. And it will sell more than libertad. ; )

Why do I care? It's much simpler than you made it out to be, although I acknowledge there are some valid points in your post. Here's the deal: I care because I want to spite all the people who come to this forum to talk shit about nu guns and Axl. That's it. That's all it is really. They jump at every opportunity to skewer this iteration of GnR and criticize relentlessly. When it suits them, they invoke Slash. When it doesn't suit them, they don't want to bring up Slash. Well, when and if there's a new GnR album, I'm going to remind them that it blew VR's sophomore effort out of the water. And not just commercially, but musically as well.

The truth is I don't need GnR to sell a lot of albums to make myself feel better about my love for GnR. I just need ChiDem's followup to move more than 300,000 copies so I can slay all the Slasholes. ; )

Carry on.

Cheers,

Andrew

I stated quite clearly that I've had a prescient vision. There will be a new album. And it will sell more than libertad. ; )

Why do I care? It's much simpler than you made it out to be, although I acknowledge there are some valid points in your post. Here's the deal: I care because I want to spite all the people who come to this forum to talk shit about nu guns and Axl. That's it. That's all it is really. They jump at every opportunity to skewer this iteration of GnR and criticize relentlessly. When it suits them, they invoke Slash. When it doesn't suit them, they don't want to bring up Slash. Well, when and if there's a new GnR album, I'm going to remind them that it blew VR's sophomore effort out of the water. And not just commercially, but musically as well.

The truth is I don't need GnR to sell a lot of albums to make myself feel better about my love for GnR. I just need ChiDem's followup to move more than 300,000 copies so I can slay all the Slasholes. ; )

Seriously though, do you think these people are really going to care? Music is so personal in its appeal, they'll just claim it doesn't matter how many units the next album sold, they still think Libertad is the better album. Album sales is a very poor means of judging merit (must like in movies, ie. the Transformer franchise). Just because something sells more doesn't necessarily mean it's artistically superior.

Moreover, don't you have bigger things to worry about in life? I don't understand why smiting people is going to make you feel better?

And don't forget, GNR is a band the lends itself to easy criticism. If you're going to be a fan of this band, you have to accept a certain amount of shit. You don't have to take it, but you don't have to indulge it either. Starting threads like this and feeling like you need to prove a point will only drain further enthusiasm of being a fan.

Finally, how do you have a "vision" with respect to something that may not even come about? DJ recently acknowledged that a new GNR album is still an "if." My advice, find better axes to grind than this one. Otherwise you'll be here saying the same things for a very long time.

Lady Gaga will out sell them all.

Her music is shite but she knows how to do a proper remix/re-release album. Also how to treat fans well and build a fanbase. #LittleMonsters

She plays her part well. She must have a huge machine behind her pumping her to the top. the rock acts don't have the budget and are less excited about doing the promo. One reason Oasis did alright was that Noel loved to do interviews, although he claimed to hate it. But they sure turned up with a quote on release day. Selling records must be hard work nowadays.

Now that the playing field is even, there are no more secrets, the collective fan consciousness has a certain awareness, and so now.. I tell you:

Nu Guns' 2nd album will sell more than Libertad. There is no debate. It is indisputable. A foregone conclusion.

This is quite definitely an accomplishment on several levels, so perhaps it's time to give credit where credit is due.

Carry on.

Libertad actually exists. Nu Guns' second album does not... can't sell what doesn't exist

Now that the playing field is even, there are no more secrets, the collective fan consciousness has a certain awareness, and so now.. I tell you:

Nu Guns' 2nd album will sell more than Libertad. There is no debate. It is indisputable. A foregone conclusion.

This is quite definitely an accomplishment on several levels, so perhaps it's time to give credit where credit is due.

Carry on.

no more secrets? what certain awareness? the next chinese democracy record should sell more than the next Velvet Revolver cd. as long as Axl does proper promotion, releases a single like "blood in the water", and makes a cool music video...........chinese 2 should hit the top of the billboard top 200 album chart and be a commercial success

Nu Guns and VR will forever be compared. One is Axl's band and the other is Slash's band. Now that VR is on hiatus it seems to draw even more comparison.

Problem is that Axl has a MAJOR advantage here....he uses the name Gn'R and no matter how famous Slash is, he can´t beat the Gn'R brand name...

Would be really interesting if Axl put out an album under his own name and compare it to the sales of Slash's latest albums also under his name.

Nu Guns and VR will forever be compared. One is Axl's band and the other is Slash's band. Now that VR is on hiatus it seems to draw even more comparison.

Problem is that Axl has a MAJOR advantage here....he uses the name Gn'R and no matter how famous Slash is, he can´t beat the Gn'R brand name...

Would be really interesting if Axl put out an album under his own name and compare it to the sales of Slash's latest albums also under his name.

Yep.

If Axl played the media tentacle game like Slash he'd most likely outsell him with a different band name, but time's gone now anyhow, if he did that NOW it's way too late in his life. Nothing sells like exposure regardless of what the product is these days and people are always interested what Axl is up to cause he's such a crazy fucker with an eye for a killer melody like no one else.

As it happens, Axl is still Axl, loyal to the name to the pont of fervent perfection, even decining the hall of fame lest it damage his demented vision of it. He just makes things happen hence why many people can accept this is Guns N' Roses despite all the mayhem and it's still Axl in the helm as always, for better or worse. He'd have a lot less stress to worry about with a different name but he'd have to put in both the media hours, club tours and keep fans updated to hold a lot of 'casual fans' interested. He has the luxury that people will flock to the name so he doesn't have to rush. The name allows him to be what he's always been, a riddle :lol:

Edited by RandallFlagg

If Axl played the media tentacle game like Slash he'd most likely outsell him with a different band name, but time's gone now anyhow, if he did that NOW it's way too late in his life. Nothing sells like exposure regardless of what the product is these days and people are always interested what Axl is up to cause he's such a crazy fucker with an eye for a killer melody like no one else.

As it happens, Axl is still Axl, loyal to the name to the pont of fervent perfection, even decining the hall of fame lest it damage his demented vision of it. He just makes things happen hence why many people can accept this is Guns N' Roses despite all the mayhem and it's still Axl in the helm as always, for better or worse. He'd have a lot less stress to worry about with a different name but he'd have to put in both the media hours, club tours and keep fans updated to hold a lot of 'casual fans' interested. He has the luxury that people will flock to the name so he doesn't have to rush. The name allows him to be what he's always been, a riddle :lol:

your sig :rofl-lol:

Nu Guns' 2nd album will sell more than Libertad

A. What's Libertad got to do with Nu Guns' 2nd album

B. Since no one has heard Nu Guns' 2nd album, kind of renders A. pointless, and the original question more pointless.

Edited by vaida

Libertad is an album that was actually released, so it will/has sell/sold more than an album that doesn't exist/has not been released. A better question would be whether or not an album will be released this year. I don't think one will be released this year or next year or even the year after that.

I am not convinced a new GNR album would sell more than Libertad. If it did, I think band name recognition will come into play. However, I think it is a bit presumptious. It probably will sell more than Libertad but will it be as good or as successful as Contraband? I highly doubt it. But I don't see a new album coming out anytime soon, so this is all opinion/speculation.