Tommy confirms new songs will be played on tour?.

prenticem

Tommy on Twitter: "Next album not in production...yet. Let's get all the shows outta the way".

Me on Twitter: "Surely you can't keep touring the same album. Time for new GN'R to create again. Don't be a tribute band fellas."

Tommys Response on Twitter: "didn't say we don't have other songs".

Not sure whether that means existing GN'R tracks or completely new tracks but it's something.

My twitter name is @NudgePrentice so you can verify.

Cheers.

Guest siliconmessiah

I think Gunns posted this in another thread

But it deserves to be heard, so people can see what a shitty band this is when it comes to releasing music.

I think Gunns posted this in another thread

But it deserves to be heard, so people can see what a shitty band this is when it comes to releasing music.

Stop whining,I noticed Gunns had already posted a thread with this info included,no sense in duplicates.

Guest Len B'stard

thank you, next album not in production, like i been saying for the last fuck knows how long ever time a CD II thread pops up. There is no fucking CD II, no one has said there is a CD II. Every band has songs somewhere ain't done or released or are just tracks of whatever, that don't mean there's an album or even matierial worth airing/releasing.

Guest siliconmessiah

Becauae it's not at all usual to bands to take yeaars to release new albums is it?

Wait..

Metallica: 5 year gap between last albums

AC/DC: 8 years

Iron Maiden: 4 years

Right on Seely! :thumbsup:

These bands don´t stay silent.

Their homepage gets updated and there are other releases, like live material and studio songs in between the albums.

Edited by siliconmessiah

Guest siliconmessiah

Becauae it's not at all usual to bands to take yeaars to release new albums is it?

Wait..

Right on Seely! :thumbsup:

These bands don´t stay silent.

Their homepage gets updated and there are other releases, like live material in between.

That's not what gnr is about. Those bands are in the business of making money.

Like it or not, Axl doesn't like to talk. Complaining about it is pointless and counterproductive.

The biggest problem is not that Axl doesn´t talk.

But other bands release music.

A live DVD with a bonus disc of 4-5 previously unheard CD-era songs will be released at the end of this tour. These new songs will be played on the tour.

That's my prediction.

I'm with you on this one. It will be something like this. Just hope that it actually happens.

Wait..

Metallica releases since Death Magnetic:

E.p's: Six feet down under part 1 & 2, Live at Grimey's

Singles: The day that never comes, My apocalypse, Cyanide, The Judas kiss, All nightmare long, Broken, beat and scarred

Music video's: The day that never comes, All nightmare long, Broken, beat and scarred

Dvd's: Français Pour Une Nuit, Orgullo, Pasión y Gloria: Tres Noches en la Ciudad de México, The Big 4 Live from Sofia, Bulgaria

+ Metallica is gonna release a new album with Lou Reed in november.

Difference is most other bands dont spend $15 million and take 15 years between albums, while in between all that make suggestions of double and even a trilogy of albums. Sure plans change, thats fair enough, but fans are entitled to be frustrated after having carrots dangled in front of them for so many years.

Big respect to Tommy for filling people in on the current state of play, its disapointing as I'd really love some new music, but its satifying to know the truth rather than blindly hoping for something that is nowhere near happening soon.

@SoulMonster A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

Well, that settles it. We are literally never getting another GNR album. Fuck.

the best thing we can hope for is that axl just had dj redone a bunch of parts for the next album on the chinese leftover stuff but god knows if that will ever happen

@SoulMonster A lot of the songs we did that weren't on Chinese Democracy may be redone and put on the next album. Unsure yet.

Well, that settles it. We are literally never getting another GNR album. Fuck.

the best thing we can hope for is that axl just had dj redone a bunch of parts for the next album on the chinese leftover stuff but god knows if that will ever happen

Man, I hope you're right. Because if they do what Tommy's saying, as in rerecording all the songs...We'll still be talking about this fucking album in 10 years, the way Axl operates during and post-production...