Why do people claim that most people who go to the Gn'R shows don't know Slash etc. are gone?

Black Sabbath

I just wonder this. Why do Reunion, Slash fans, Duff fans, etc. always claim that most of the people at Gn'R shows don't even know Slash isn't in the band anymore? I mean, every time I read a new article about Gn'R touring or anything pertaining to them nowadays, the articles always make it very clear that Axl is the only one in the band anymore. Even the Bio on Ticketmaster states who the band members are.

I think by now the only people who don't know that the old members aren't in the band are either people who don't care about Guns N' Roses, or people who just don't read anything in the articles and stuff when they find one. :shrugs

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

People know by now, how could they not? I met a guy the other day who is a casual fan, he was talking about BBF to me and also said he is glad Axl got rid of the braids lol. Even casual fans know its been far too long not to know IMO

As Tommy, Richard & Chris have been in the band for 11-13 years i guess the Slash thing is kinda dead and burried nowadays. It been a looooong time.

If Robin was still in the band in place of DJ then you could almost say they are fcukin stable as they would have all done over a decade.

awsome time to be a fan, upwards of 73 dates during the 09/10 leg and only really Belfast was an ordeal.

They seem to get along too, certainly the calmest era in my 23 years of being a fan.

Level of interest.

There are many bands that I enjoy, where I couldn't the you the name of a current member.

Missed the point. Its not about knowing the current lineup, but rather aknowledge that it doesnt have Slash.

No I didn't.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people at the upcoming shows that don't realize Slash isn't in the band anymore.

Level of interest.

There are many bands that I enjoy, where I couldn't the you the name of a current member.

Missed the point. Its not about knowing the current lineup, but rather aknowledge that it doesnt have Slash.

No I didn't.

I'm sure there will be plenty of people at the upcoming shows that don't realize Slash isn't in the band anymore.

Every single Slash article says "EX-Guns N' Roses Guitarrist Slash", every Velvet Revolver article say "EX-Guns N' Roses members supergroup" or similar, every Guns N' Roses article says "Axl Rose, only original member..." In order for someone to think Slash is still in the band, that person barely knows what GnR is, I bet that person only knows Axl and/or Slash's names at most, knows at best SCOM, WTTJ and PC, and might even refer to Slash as 'the guy in the top hat'... It ain't even a casual fan... Can't have heard about Velvet Revolver, about Axl VS Slash, about the Slash solo album, anything....

Level of interest.

No I didn't.

In order for someone to think Slash is still in the band, that person barely knows what GnR is, I bet that person only knows Axl and/or Slash's names at most, knows at best SCOM, WTTJ and PC, and might even refer to Slash as 'the guy in the top hat'... It ain't even a casual fan... Can't have heard about Velvet Revolver, about Axl VS Slash, about the Slash solo album, anything....

That group will make up a significant part of the audience.

Level of interest.

No I didn't.

In order for someone to think Slash is still in the band, that person barely knows what GnR is, I bet that person only knows Axl and/or Slash's names at most, knows at best SCOM, WTTJ and PC, and might even refer to Slash as 'the guy in the top hat'... It ain't even a casual fan... Can't have heard about Velvet Revolver, about Axl VS Slash, about the Slash solo album, anything....

i agree most fans who liked GnR when they were a real band have grown up had kids work every day and dont go googling their favourite bands so no i'd say 99% of the general public probably think he is still in GnR

It does answer the question. the question was, why do people say it.............

the answer was that only haters say it, so let them hate. The rest of us just enjoy having Gn'R out on the road and the people who attend shows without knowing Slash isn't in the band wont really care anyway.

My main point was people just being ignorant to the fact that Axl is the only original member. By now, if someone is going to a Gn'R show, it's almost impossible that they didn't hear or read that the other members aren't in the band anymore. Radio stations make it clear, articles about touring/tour dates, wikipedia, official website, ticketmaster, etc. Everything. I just don't see how people can show up and still not realize it.

It's not about level of interest. That excuse gets show down when you're reading an article about Axl and the band coming to your area, or you hear it on the radio, whatever. :shrugs:

Level of interest.

No I didn't.

i agree most fans who liked GnR when they were a real band have grown up had kids work every day and dont go googling their favourite bands so no i'd say 99% of the general public probably think he is still in GnR

99%? bullshit, you should go out and ask random people is Slash is still in Guns, odds are you will find out they do know he is gone.

Even the tour press release names all the current members

in 2002 there was alot of confusion, in fact the guy behind me said he can't wait to see Slash that is untill I informed him he is not here lol, then in 2006 I did not here anyone questoning who was in the band at the shows i went to. In 2010 everyone knew for sure, now it is no different

Edited by gunsguy

no one being honest. Slash's departure has been beaten like a dead horse and was gigantic news in 1995. Gigantic. i was 16 at the time and no one was too happy about it. its well known, has been for a long time and is just those that hate the new band trying to use it as a way to say Axl is lying to the fans.

Sunny dre and that kook SONofabitch, broskie, and classicrawker are all so mad that the tour is happening. their hurting in a big fuckin way and I'm fuckin lovin it.

Same old story, same old song and dance

Edited by tange

Well, back in 01-02 and even 06 it was actually true. These days... I doubt it

That I understand, but people still say it today. I suppose the ones who say it nowadays are just haters.

Pretty much, that or they're new to the whole GNR fan forum thing and are just drawing up blind assumptions. Either way those people aren't too hard to sniff out

If there was no truth to "it", Axl wouldn't have cared if Slash appeared on the cover.

then why would Axl not do it? Doesn't he want to hoodwink the fans to get them to come to the shows? Seems like Slash being on the cover would aid in the deception.