baz compares axl to jim morrison

axlr23

On the possibility of touring with GUNS 'N ROSES again:

Bach: "I would play with GUNS 'N ROSES anytime. And Axl [Rose] is one of a kind. I was too young to ever see THE DOORS but when I see old footage of Jim Morrison on stage, Axl has that kind of danger thing going on when he steps up to the mic. He's pretty fascinating."

On his first meeting with Axl Rose back in 1989 when SKID ROW was opening for AEROSMITH at the L.A. Forum:

Bach: "Axl came down to do the song 'Train Kept A Rollin'' with Steven Tyler and he didn't know the words, and he came to my dressing room and he goes, 'Do you know the words to this?' and I go, 'Yes, I do!' So I sat down there with him. That was a crazy night."

source: Blabbermouth.net

Bach: "I would play with GUNS 'N ROSES anytime. And Axl [Rose] is one of a kind. I was too young to ever see THE DOORS but when I see old footage of Jim Morrison on stage, Axl has that kind of danger thing going on when he steps up to the mic. He's pretty fascinating."

On his first meeting with Axl Rose back in 1989 when SKID ROW was opening for AEROSMITH at the L.A. Forum:

Bach: "Axl came down to do the song 'Train Kept A Rollin'' with Steven Tyler and he didn't know the words, and he came to my dressing room and he goes, 'Do you know the words to this?' and I go, 'Yes, I do!' So I sat down there with him. That was a crazy night."

Baz is the best!! a great guy :rofl-lol:

Baz's head is so far up Axl's ass, I dont know where Axl ends and Baz begins

LA

Ya. It would be so much better if when reporters asked Baz about Axl or touring with GnR if he would just say "no comment."

You people crack me up. Always with the negative aspect to anything related to Axl.

I have a few close long time friends that I always talk positive about. Does that mean my head is up their asses?

Baz: the onofficial mouthpiece of GNR...we findout more shit from him than GNR.

The only similarities between Morrison and Rose are the rants, unpredictability and the intensity in their performances, but watch Isle of Wight from 1970 and compare it to Rock in Rio 2011. Says a lot about festival shows.

Throw in Perry Farrell and Ian Astbury in anything to do with Doors...

I've always said that they are very similar in alot of ways. They are both frontmen who loved the limelight and embraced it, but they can never be really happy with what they have. Jim became disgusted with the way the band wanted to just commercialize the Doors name, and decided to write poetry. Axl wanted the band to move forward and not become a generic band making the same record every year. But well Jim died and Axl became a hermit for years, sooooo both have their issues. I just wish there were better books describing Axl's life like all the Jim books I have. Maybe when he gets older he'll write an autobiography.

The only similarities between Morrison and Rose are the rants, unpredictability and the intensity in their performances, but watch Isle of Wight from 1970 and compare it to Rock in Rio 2011. Says a lot about festival shows.

In the end Jim Morrison hated performing..he never saw himself as a singer anyways..he saw himself as a poet. He definately was an exprimentalist and tried to bring some art to the performance. Toward the end he said something to the effect of this: "They dont want to see me they want to see my death."

We have a segment of people out there that would love to see Axl implode and fail...most however just want to see that brilliance shine all over again.

Jim let himself drift, lost his rockstar persona, grew fat and bloated on excess and ultimately in Miami melted the Doors down.

When Axl first hit the scene in the 80's the comparisons were there...his over the top performances , the excess of the band and the exploits of living on the edge..the aloof from present realities...Jim would disappear for weeks at a time...Axl would do the same. The face of the band, brillant lyrics, awesome performances...adoring fans all over the world...troubles with their women. Arguments with the direction and sounds with the bands as well as business issues....daddy issues...all that was in the mix when they were comparing.

In Jim you never knew who was going to go on stage..the talented baritone or the sloppy all over the place drunk...either way it was entertaining...and it drew away from the band and what they were trying to accomplish or say...it became the Jim Morrison drama set to the music of the Doors.

We saw that on the UYI tours quite alot with Axl..and the long drawn out rants about everything became trademarks and now almost a dispaointment when he no longer rants. The declaration of personal issues that would delay the band from performing for hours....frustrated his handlers and his bandmates and the audience...

Both started riots from on stage...Jim in New Haven and Miami and Axl in St. Luis and Montreal( Axl was a no show for Vancouver and Phillidelphia)

The lawsuits that confronted Jim delayed the other members from performing and they were confronted with him having to go to jail for years. Axls cost over runs and the cost of replacement equipment cost the band money..and the long list of lawsuits during and after classic GNR broke up cost years of delay.

Personal issues left over from childhood haunted him and fueled his "muse"

Jim hated the hippie movement..just as Axl grew tired of the "macho rocken roller", drunks and druggies " people that were drawn into the personal circles of the band.

Jim went to Paris to get out of the spot light and to live life a bit..to distance the rockstar from the poet. Axl disappeared at the top of his game in 95 and didnt come back on stage for something like 7 years.

Jim didnt come back and the jury is still debating if in fact Axl Rose is "back" yet or not....

Baz's head is so far up Axl's ass, I dont know where Axl ends and Baz begins

LA

Ya. It would be so much better if when reporters asked Baz about Axl or touring with GnR if he would just say "no comment."

You people crack me up. Always with the negative aspect to anything related to Axl.

I have a few close long time friends that I always talk positive about. Does that mean my head is up their asses?

Agree with you.

I repeat, there are more people on this forum who hates axl than elsewhere. Do not understand why so much anger, if they hate him because he "destroyed the old GNR" so.. they can listen the old albums and go to the Slash's forum.

We had the opportunity to talk with Dexter, and a lot of "fans" dedicated only to insult him.

Every thread is the same shit!! :thumbsdown:

Edited by Blummas

Bach is the perfect friend for Axl- the ideal yes-man...

god knows Axl can't handle any situation/person that he doesn't have complete control over... it's why he's been hiding from the world the last 15 years isn't it knowing that he doesn't control the situation in boundaries outside his home (or on stage)

In the end Jim Morrison hated performing..he never saw himself as a singer anyways..he saw himself as a poet. He definately was an exprimentalist and tried to bring some art to the performance. Toward the end he said something to the effect of this: "They dont want to see me they want to see my death."

We have a segment of people out there that would love to see Axl implode and fail...most however just want to see that brilliance shine all over again.

Jim let himself drift, lost his rockstar persona, grew fat and bloated on excess and ultimately in Miami melted the Doors down.

When Axl first hit the scene in the 80's the comparisons were there...his over the top performances , the excess of the band and the exploits of living on the edge..the aloof from present realities...Jim would disappear for weeks at a time...Axl would do the same. The face of the band, brillant lyrics, awesome performances...adoring fans all over the world...troubles with their women. Arguments with the direction and sounds with the bands as well as business issues....daddy issues...all that was in the mix when they were comparing.

In Jim you never knew who was going to go on stage..the talented baritone or the sloppy all over the place drunk...either way it was entertaining...and it drew away from the band and what they were trying to accomplish or say...it became the Jim Morrison drama set to the music of the Doors.

We saw that on the UYI tours quite alot with Axl..and the long drawn out rants about everything became trademarks and now almost a dispaointment when he no longer rants. The declaration of personal issues that would delay the band from performing for hours....frustrated his handlers and his bandmates and the audience...

Both started riots from on stage...Jim in New Haven and Miami and Axl in St. Luis and Montreal( Axl was a no show for Vancouver and Phillidelphia)

The lawsuits that confronted Jim delayed the other members from performing and they were confronted with him having to go to jail for years. Axls cost over runs and the cost of replacement equipment cost the band money..and the long list of lawsuits during and after classic GNR broke up cost years of delay.

Jim hated the hippie movement..just as Axl grew tired of the "macho rocken roller", drunks and druggies " people that were drawn into the personal circles of the band.

Jim went to Paris to get out of the spot light and to live life a bit..to distance the rockstar from the poet. Axl disappeared at the top of his game in 95 and didnt come back on stage for something like 7 years.

Jim didnt come back and the jury is still debating if in fact Axl Rose is "back" yet or not....

Great post! I've always seen them as similar as well. Which scares me. But Axl's still standing, no doubt due to Beta's support.

Jim would've pursued film-making more if he had lived. I don't think The Doors would've lasted even if Jim had come back, maybe they still would've made 2 more albums.

The best irony of this is that when Jim died, the band continued and released two dissapointing albums in the eyes of many. I love both albums alot, but many say it isnt the same without Jim's presence.

Yet Axl goes on to release an album after the rest of the band leaves, and his album is viewed as dissapointing too.

So basically I guess Jim's lore will always outway Axl's, but maybe if Axl would've have died instead of going into hiding then the media would praise him as a legend. In a way, Jim dying is sadly the best thing that could have happened to the Doors because the band was essentially broken up so his death gave new life to it when kids started discovering their music again in the 80's. The man will always live forever as a mythical 27 year old lead singer of the most dangerous band of the 60's.

I've always said that they are very similar in alot of ways. They are both frontmen who loved the limelight and embraced it, but they can never be really happy with what they have. Jim became disgusted with the way the band wanted to just commercialize the Doors name, and decided to write poetry. Axl wanted the band to move forward and not become a generic band making the same record every year. But well Jim died and Axl became a hermit for years, sooooo both have their issues. I just wish there were better books describing Axl's life like all the Jim books I have. Maybe when he gets older he'll write an autobiography.

All of the Doors songs were Jim's poetry. He had his issues with being popular too. But he was one of a kind and I think Axl Rose is also one of a kind.

Jim's voice was very unique and for the time their music was different from other bands like Led Zepplin or the Who or even The Stones.

You can't expect to do all those drugs and not have consequences. Jim died too soon, but the Doors' music will live on forever.

No one except the person and their close friends know what demons these guys are fighting. I'm glad Baz is a good friend to Axl. I think Axl needs someone who accepts him for who he is and cares and respects him.

Axl covering Love Her Madly would be awesome.

That would be cool.

Fuck yeah, I'm glad that someone finally said it. Anything off L.A. Woman would be incredible. A band jam on 'Crawling King Snake' with Axl slithering through the song would be epic.