[FACT] All signs are pointing to a re-release or new material

It's So Easy

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the better video was just videoclips from their previous tours, wasn't it? They were short a guitarist at the time. From what I can tell, my group of friends don't really care about music videos anymore. That's just my two cents. I don't think music videos are all THAT important like they were in the uyi days. And they were touring songs off the record for seven years prior. All in all how much more exposure did they really need for this record?

Music videos lead to exposure. Exposure leads to more airplay, etc.

I don't know about rock music, but I know that, for instance, on country radio, a music video can be the difference between a number 10 song and a number 1 song. It makes a huge difference there.

I still disagree that this album was the most anticipated. It was the butt-end of jokes for many years. I remember my sister used to say she'd "when Chinese Democracy gets released" instead of the phrase, "When pigs fly."

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's with the "[FACT]" in the thread title?

[FACT] Best Buy has cleared their shelves of Chinese Democracy (highly intriguing)

[FACT] New stage props are being used this tour (alternate artwork props at that!)

[FACT] Brain has stated that he is working on remixes that Axl WANTS released!

[FACT] Going Down (new song) is a maybe in the setlist!

[FACT] Each of these "facts" are very positive signs that something very intriguing lies ahead!

Stop saying fact, it's fuckin annoying

You do realise that the Best Buy deal expired, Best Buy had no more connections to GNR so they just cleared the many left over CD's by selling them for next to nothing to make room for new releases or CD's that actually sell

The stage props most likely mean nothing, various alt CD shit has been appearing on the video screens etc since 09, it's always been Axl's vision for CD

Bobbo, there isn't a best buy in my city. Nor any city close to me. The closest best buy to me is literally a two hour, $450 airplane ride away. But there are music stores and Walmarts in just about every city in the united states.

Do you think Axl and the band promoted the album properly? For years on this forum all we have heard from the negative nannies is that Axl did NO promotion. Now people are saying it was the biggest hyped album in history. Well, which is it?

They took the best buy deal because they offered the most money.

In terms of album sales, it wasn't a great move. A deal with Walmart would have given the album twice as much exposure.

A re-release of the album is stupid.

Just be like every other band in the world and put out an album of new music.

Why does the thread title say "FACT" when it's just wishful thinking from one guy?

Just to piss off all the negative and anti-GnR people on this forum. You might not have noticed but there is a small group of clowns than come to a GnR forum for the sole purpose of bashing Axl and the current band.

Classic. Good find. I was wondering if somebody was going to post it.

I sure hope that Going Down is not yet another friggen cover by this band. That would be ridiculous.

If we got a rerelease of the album with 1 brand new song, Oh My God, and remix/acoustic version of 1 or 2 songs. I think that'd be pretty cool. No-one aside from hardcore gunners would care though, you'd have to perhaps package it with a live DVD or something to actually get that shit selling.

what's with the "[FACT]" in the thread title?

[FACT] Best Buy has cleared their shelves of Chinese Democracy (highly intriguing)

[FACT] New stage props are being used this tour (alternate artwork props at that!)

[FACT] Brain has stated that he is working on remixes that Axl WANTS released!

[FACT] Going Down (new song) is a maybe in the setlist!

[FACT] Each of these "facts" are very positive signs that something very intriguing lies ahead!

Plenty of other possible reasons that BestBuy cleared out that album, but I will admit that a rerelease could be one, though IMHO highly unlikely. The Brain quote is a fact, I'll give you that. Who the fuck ever said Going Down is a new song? It could be, sure, but it could also easily be a cover song. Lastly, the new stage props (I am only referring to the inflatables here) are indeed different than the art in the regular Chinese Democracy booklet, but they are NOT in the alternate artwork booklet.

On another note, what rereleased albums/movies were you referring to? Not starting anything here, just curious is all. Thanks

Edited by troccoli

Bobbo, just did a quick check and it looks like there are 5-6 times more Walmarts than Best Buys. So for every Best Buy you see, there are 5 Walmarts.

If CD was at Walmart, even the negative anti-Axl and new band people on here have to admit the album would have sold more. Just because the casual fan would have had easier access to it. As an example, I'm purely a casual acdc fan. But I was buying travel stuff at Walmart for a trip and there was a huge acdc display with cds and books. I bought the book to read on the flight. I probably would have never purchased an acdc book.....but it was sitting there in front of me.

A casual fan is more likely to make an impulse buy of a cd they walk by at Walmart than going online and searching for a cd, pay shipping, and then have to wait a week for delivery. When u can download it for free.

We would of heard rumblings by now if there was a new record, think back to Shackler's in Rock Band and If the World in Body of Lies, not to mention leaks and many other obvious and less obvious factors. As some have said before touring the US will finally put to bed the Chinese Democracy album.

Having said that one thing intrigues me, this Goin Down song title, is it Ain't Goin Down? or is it a cover or something new?

We would of heard rumblings by now if there was a new record, think back to Shackler's in Rock Band and If the World in Body of Lies, not to mention leaks and many other obvious and less obvious factors. As some have said before touring the US will finally put to bed the Chinese Democracy album.

Having said that one thing intrigues me, this Goin Down song title, is it Ain't Goin Down? or is it a cover or something new?

No one really knows if it is a cover or a new song. MSL mentioned it at the start of the year and then it turned up on the Rock in Rio setlist....

Fact. None of those facts are facts

Oh really? So, you are telling me that Best Buy STILL has dozens of copies of CD sitting on the shelves?? None of the 4 in my area have one! That is a FACT!

Is the band not using NEW (alternate) props for the live shows? Unless you are blind or ignorant, that is a FACT!

I specifically read an interview with Brain where he stated that he was working on remixes that Axl WANTS to put out. That, my friend, is also a FACT!

If you all want to be negative and hate on this band, please don't try to bring the rest of us down who KNOW something very BIG is on the way!

ssiscool hating on the band?, you couldn't have got him more wrong.

As for the rest, you and others are setting yourselves up for a fall,experience shows something often means nothing with GnR.

Oh really? So, you are telling me that Best Buy STILL has dozens of copies of CD sitting on the shelves?? None of the 4 in my area have one! That is a FACT!

Is the band not using NEW (alternate) props for the live shows? Unless you are blind or ignorant, that is a FACT!

I specifically read an interview with Brain where he stated that he was working on remixes that Axl WANTS to put out. That, my friend, is also a FACT!

If you all want to be negative and hate on this band, please don't try to bring the rest of us down who KNOW something very BIG is on the way!

Caps, exclamation marks, multiple question marks - maybe you should go easy on the coffee...

Fact. None of those facts are facts

I am not from the US So i can't comment on Best Buy. But, it's a safe bet that the exclusive deal has ended. So why keep an older album when there are new releases that can sell better. Basic marketing. You don't stock stuff that doesn't sell well.

The band is using new props. Yes I will admit you are right there.

YOU say YOU read an artical. That does not make it a fact. the fact would be "Brain said in an interview that he is working on remixes of songs Axl wants to release" By adding that You read it, invalidates it from being a fact as we have no proof you read it.

You say you KNOW something is going to happen. What is your source for this?

I am a massive Guns fan and will always see them when they are in the UK. Be it a solo show such as Slash or Loaded. Or Guns N' Roses. I am not being negative, i was merely saying that your "facts" are not "facts"

Given the fact that Chinese Democracy has all but disappeared from store shelves, new stage set-ups are being used, and Going Down is listed as a possibly in the setlist, I believe that all signs are pointing to something big being on the horizon. I honestly don't believe Axl would be foolish enough to attempt another US tour with nothing to assist in making it successful. It could very well be career suicide. If they were only going to tour the GREATEST HITS, it would require the original lineup to make it successful. No, I believe we are at the calm of a very big storm. I think the most likely scenario is that we are going to see a re-release of Chinese Democracy with some remixes and a couple of new tracks. If you recall, Brain said he was remixing songs a year ago and Axl really wanted to put it out.

The next month or so should be some very exciting times in GNR land! I can't wait to see what lies ahead!

you'll be waiting a long ass time - good luck with that

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

I am not from the US So i can't comment on Best Buy. But, it's a safe bet that the exclusive deal has ended. So why keep an older album when there are new releases that can sell better. Basic marketing. You don't stock stuff that doesn't sell well.

Wasn’t it agreed that Best Buy would have exclusive rights to another GN’R release? Or was that a myth?

YOU say YOU read an artical. That does not make it a fact. the fact would be "Brain said in an interview that he is working on remixes of songs Axl wants to release" By adding that You read it, invalidates it from being a fact as we have no proof you read it.

Can we get this guy sacked ASAP? Is he serious?