Cordoba, Argentina 12/10 -Live -updates

Guest Gunns

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean never play it again, but it's been in the set for ten years. Switch it out for Prostitute or TWAT.

Most of the songs they play are twenty plus year old songs. Does that mean we should just start dropping them because they're old? Fuck no. I'd rather hear Maddy then Prosty. Besides Prosty just doesn't fit in my opinion with what they are doing right now.

Edited by iftheworld

I don't mean never play it again, but it's been in the set for ten years. Switch it out for Prostitute or TWAT.

I'm not so sure about Axl actually singing either of those things. They are both hard songs to sing and both very 'studio' songs, whereas Madagascar is much easier to sing and (some) live versions are even comparable to its studio counterpart.

Rocket Queen

Setlist so far

Intro

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

Its So Easy

Mr Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Estranged

4tus Solo (James Bond)

Live and Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

(Band introductions)

Dizzy solo (baba o'riley)

street of dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Another Brick in the Wall

November Rain

Edited by gunns5

I'm not so sure about Axl actually singing either of those things. They are both hard songs to sing and both very 'studio' songs, whereas Madagascar is much easier to sing and (some) live versions are even comparable to its studio counterpart.

To be honest, I think Prostitute should have been an extra track on CD. It's just too slow and mellow compared to the other songs besides TIL.

i like maddy, i just think that chinese has even more to offer that we havent heard live as much. scraped and riad i would take in a second as a sometimes replacement, but i know they are hard for him live. id rather hear twat, prostitute, or catcher sometimes too. in all honesty, if the world is the only song off chinese that i dont LOVE you know? maddys good, but lets get a good mix going. i know i know, they dont play the songs for the internet, they play them for the crowd. still would be nice though

To be honest, I think Prostitute should have been an extra track on CD. It's just too slow and mellow compared to the other songs besides TIL.

prostitute has its place. but i do agree with that assessment. the information we got about this song did not fit the bill. night train meets november rain, fire and ice, you will fall out of your chair when you hear the guitar solo, etc. its good, and i would be happy to see it live, but i would much rather see civil war or twat.

Prostitute is one of the masterpieces off of CD. It's almost up there with TWAT and IRS, and I like it more than SoD and Better even...

But as a live track, Madagascar > Prostitute.

TWAT and IRS aren't really "up there" to begin with.

Many, many people on this board consider TWAT the best or among the best off of CD.

IRS is debatable, I suppose. I haven't seen the board give it that much love.

A lot of my post was personal opinion, by the way...

Prostitute is one of the masterpieces off of CD. It's almost up there with TWAT and IRS, and I like it more than SoD and Better even...

twat is definitly up there

And that is why CD is such a great album. Most albums have a consensus favorite or best song from a group of 2-3. If you polled all members of thia forum, every song would get first place votes. But who votes for I think About You or Get in the ring as the top songs on their albums?

CD is an amazing album.

twat is definitly up there

Depends on which TWAT we're talking about. The Leaked version of TWAT was better than the final version. But the final version was still amazing.

And that is why CD is such a great album. Most albums have a consensus favorite or best song from a group of 2-3. If you polled all members of thia forum, every song would get first place votes. But who votes for I think About You or Get in the ring as the top songs on their albums?

CD is an amazing album.

+1 my favorite album.