Just one song?

jellyzero

Of course we all want new music, but everybody has a different way to view the world, you know? The optimists vs the pessimists. Neither side is wrong and both annoy each other. But they basically have the same feelings. Just different ways of expressing them, I suppose.

I have never said anyone is wrong for being "frustrated" and "sad" about not getting new music, so don't try to put that on me.

Yes, people are different, and some are, according to their own words, "sad" and "frustrated" about not getting new music. My point, if you go back to page 3 where I first wrote it, remains umodified: I am not able to be miserable and sad about not getting new music. Period.

But you get up and arms about people that do? Why do u care so much about how complete strangers feel?

I don't, it was an off-comment that obviously rubbed some people here the wrong way and then I got engaged in a discussion regarding it. And I love discussing.

You are actually posting people's comments......wow. You might be taking the forum a bit too seriously.

"

No, I don't take the forum seriously but I take discussions and providing evidence for my opinions seriously. So spending 1 minute to paste some quotes proving that people are saying they are "sad" and "frustrated" hence validating my own comment about not being miserable and sad, is not something I shy away from. And even spending a few minutes replying to your sad post is something I am willing to do while making today's pancakes.

Ok great. You are more "stoic" than those of us who love GnR and want new music. Congrats. You are clearly The Man. We are all weak compared to you. Thank you for setting us all straight.

These are all your words, but thanks for providing that interesting glimpse into your own mind.

Since you like to quote old posts......remember when I posted that you take the forum way to seriously? Add this comment to that one. You take yourself way too serious.

I'm gonna take a shot and guess that in the past people have questioned the size of your ego.......

Enjoy your pancakes. And have fun at school today.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What are you arguing here, exactly?

My point in this thread is that Axl doesn't owe us anything and that I don't share some fans' frustration and sadness, the way it is expressed, about GN'R's low record release frequency. That's what I have been arguing.

You suggested people were "sad" and "miserable" as if they spend their whole lives rocking back and forth on the couch, unable to function in life because of their terrible misery regarding the state of unreleased GNR songs.

I never suggested that people "spend their whole lives rocking back and forth on the couch, unable to function in life because of their terrible misery regarding the state of unreleased GNR songs". This is pure fantasy from your part. I simply stated that I don't feel miserable and sad about the situation. If you are going to continue to argue against things you have imagined I have said then you will have to continue on your own because I prefer to actually discuss realities.

That doesn't mean that we are "miserable" in any way shape or form, nor does it mean that we are "sad" or "frustrated" 24 hours a day.

I have never said that you are, either. Please start actually responding to what I have written and not responding to what you imagine or prefer that I have written.

But within the context of GNR fandom, how can you not be frustrated at seeing one of your all-time favourite artists release a grand total of 15 songs in 20 years?

I don't know. I guess I am maxed out being frustrated about things of importance in my life, like my daddy being diagnosed with Parkinson's, my friend's mother being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, the problem we have with our roof, the horrible investment situation when it comes to life science in Europe, the approaching credit crunch, etc. An artist deciding to release music at a somewhat slower frequency after I thought he would never release music ever again, just doesn't come high enough on my list of "bad things in my life".

All we are saying is, stop wasting all this time, and release something.

That is not what everyone here is saying. Some are also saying that "Axl owes them new music" and that they are "frustrated" and "sad" from "waiting". And that's where we diverge.

Okay, fine, but Groghan and I have already established that nobody's actually moping around at home.

You have established that? So you are the official spokespersons for everybody on the forum? ;). But it still doesn't matter. I have never said people here are "moping around at home", I have only been reacting to what people themselves have stated in this thread, e.g. them being "frustrated" and "sad" and my response is that I don't share those feelings. If you want to argue someone, then please argue those that say they are "frustrated" and "sad", not me for actually taking them seriously and responding directly to what they are saying in this very thread.

Even if some people ARE upset to that degree (a big if), don't you like to see people exhibit such passion for music? I don't know. You don't come across that kind of passion often.

Oh, I like passion but not when it turns into negative feelings, then it serves no purpose for those afflicted and I take no pleasure from it.

Either way, you exaggerated to make a point, and without that exaggeration, there really doesn't seem to be a point.

I haven't exaggerated a thing. No hyperbole from my side. But of course, if you believe all the lies people are writing about what I supposedly have written in this.

Since you like to quote old posts......remember when I posted that you take the forum way to seriously? Add this comment to that one. You take yourself way too serious.

I'm gonna take a shot and guess that in the past people have questioned the size of your ego.......

Enjoy your pancakes. And have fun at school today.

You seem offended :rofl-lol:

I never suggested that people "spend their whole lives rocking back and forth on the couch, unable to function in life because of their terrible misery regarding the state of unreleased GNR songs". This is pure fantasy from your part. I simply stated that I don't feel miserable and sad about the situation. If you are going to continue to argue against things you have imagined I have said then you will have to continue on your own because I prefer to actually discuss realities.

Okay, Captain Obvious. Thank you for clearing that up. I mentioned in the next sentence that this was hyperbole.

I have never said that you are, either. Please start actually responding to what I have written and not responding to what you imagine or prefer that I have written.

I have to assume that GNR is one of your favourite bands for you to be a frequent poster here. I love lots of bands, but there are only a couple where I visit the forums at all. So if in fact they are one of your all-time favourite artists, I am happy to hear that you are completely content as a GNR fan to get the opportunity to hear a new album once every 17 years. I am a bit puzzled though, as to why you seem so confused to hear that other people find this to be a little frustrating.

I don't know. I guess I am maxed out being frustrated about things of importance in my life, like my daddy being diagnosed with Parkinson's, my friend's mother being diagnosed with Alzheimer's, the problem we have with our roof, the horrible investment situation when it comes to life science in Europe, the approaching credit crunch, etc. An artist deciding to release music at a somewhat slower frequency after I thought he would never release music ever again, just doesn't come high enough on my list of "bad things in my life".

This appears to be the disconnect here. When people are saying they are sad and frustrated about the current state of GNR and what might have been, I really don't think they mean that it is as serious or troubling as having family members diagnosed with horrible diseases. That is what I am saying to you. You are blowing this way out of proportion. People are sad and frustrated within the context of GNR fandom.

My point in this thread is that Axl doesn't owe us anything and that I don't share some fans' frustration and sadness, the way it is expressed, about GN'R's low record release frequency. That's what I have been arguing.

I said in my very first post on this subject that Axl doesn't owe us anything. So I guess we are in complete agreement, and this entire "disagreement" was a misunderstanding, other than the fact that you don't find it out or the ordinary or in any way sad or frustrating, within the context of GNR fandom, that Guns n' Roses have been in the studio periodically from 1994-2011 and have released a total of 15 songs to the public.

Soul.

I apologize for my snide comments. But you come across as really smug and condescending in your replies.

You just made an extremely valid post. But you are missing one point. This isn't a forum to talk about our views and opinions on world issues, personal problems or our political and religious views.

This is specifically a GnR forum. I come here throughout the day to escape reality for five minutes. To go along with your post, but the other side of the coin. I love Axl and GnR music. Since 1987. But I have a 3 month old son, and my "love" for him does not equal my love for GnR music. The smile and cooing he gave me an hour ago, while I was holding him in my lap....that two minute interaction....means a million times more to me than 25 years of GnR music. My oldest son won the city wide little league championship game a couple years ago. Pitched a complete game, no earned runs, big color picture in the newspaper. I wouldn't trade the feeling I got from the look on his face when he struck the last batter our for 500 new GnR songs. I wouldn't trade it to have Axl come live in my home and sing dinner music while my family ate dinner every night.

This is a GnR forum. People come here to talk about music. Not world events.

The logic and reasoning you apply to yourself is sound and valid. But you are not giving other people that same out clause. I'm frustrated there is no new music. But in terms of overall life frustration.......Axl rose is at the bottom of my list.

I am a bit puzzled though, as to why you seem so confused to hear that other people find this to be a little frustrating.

I am not confused at all. Again, I have myself stated that I understand kids being frustrated, I was myself frustrated about the postponement of UYIs.

When people are saying they are sad and frustrated about the current state of GNR and what might have been, I really don't think they mean that it is as serious or troubling as having family members diagnosed with horrible diseases. That is what I am saying to you. You are blowing this way out of proportion. People are sad and frustrated within the context of GNR fandom.

I am not blowing anything out of proportion. I have simply been stating that I personally don't feel frustrated or sad, and then people have been blowing that statement out of proportion.

So I guess we are in complete agreement, and this entire "disagreement" was a misunderstanding, other than the fact that you don't find it out or the ordinary or in any way sad or frustrating, within the context of GNR fandom, that Guns n' Roses have been in the studio periodically from 1994-2011 and have released a total of 15 songs to the public.

Oh, I find GN'R history everything but ordinary. Have I ever stated anything else? But I don't find it frustrating, you are right in that. If no new record is released within the next five years then, within the context of GNR fandom, I will be slightly annoyed, though. But I am not annoyed by what has transpired since 2001. I considered GN'R dead and buried and the release of CD was a huge and pleasant surprise to me and the ongoing concerts since then a pure bonus. Basically I guess we can say I don't expect much when it comes to GN'R and from now on takes most as bonuses.

I apologize for my snide comments. But you come across as really smug and condescending in your replies.

No need to apologize, I am smug and condescending. Besides, I don't take the forum seriously enough to be offended by anything anyone says to me.

I'm frustrated there is no new music. But in terms of overall life frustration.......Axl rose is at the bottom of my list.

That's good. I will be slightly annoyed if we have no new music in 5 years.

Oh, I find GN'R history everything but ordinary. Have I ever stated anything else? But I don't find it frustrating, you are right in that. If no new record is released within the next five years then, within the context of GNR fandom, I will be slightly annoyed, though. But I am not annoyed by what has transpired since 2001. I considered GN'R dead and buried and the release of CD was a huge and pleasant surprise to me and the ongoing concerts since then a pure bonus. Basically I guess we can say I don't expect much when it comes to GN'R and from now on takes most as bonuses.

That is true, after the 2006 debacle I had reached the point where I didn't think anything would ever be released. So at least we got something. The release was such a clusterfuck though. I really thought that after Axl got that Chinese Democracy monkey off his back, it would be easier for him to put together the next one.

Edited by axlsalinger

That is true, after the 2006 debacle I had reached the point where I didn't think anything would ever be released. So at least we got something. The release was such a clusterfuck though. I really thought that after Axl got that Chinese Democracy monkey off his back, it would be easier for him to put together the next one.

Yeah, same here. And when Tommy recently said there is no record ready for release and that the material from the CD sessions may be redone and put on a next record, I felt a momentary pang of sadness.

But here's the thing, if you want to be a content GN'R fan you have to lower your expectations reaaaaly low ;). I guess I am good at that.

Music touches my soul. But lack of new music from one of the artists I like is not a big problem, then I just listen to the enormous amount of other good music out there. I just can't force myself to be miserable about GN'R not releasing music at a higher frequency. It's impossible to be sad when there's so much great music out there just waiting to be explored.

We are not saying that Axl owes us anything

Some of the guys in this thread was explicitly stating that Axl owes them new music and those and the ones I have been arguing with. If you are not among those then I don't see any reason why you reply to my post.

+ 1

The mindset of someone thinking Axl owes them new music is astounding to me. Like petulant little brats throwing a tantrum. The sense of entitlement in this nation is off the charts. First of all, figure out your own emotions... Newsflash: You still play AFD because it's the greatest album of all time, not because you're loyal to Axl. You mean to tell me you listen to music out of loyalty to a band and not because you like the music? You don't love the songs on UYI and AFD, in fact you dislike them, but you listen, because you are loyal to Axl? Then you are a jackass. I listen to music until I get tired of it. It just so happens Axl has been involved in some classics, and they never get old. So he owes me new music because he has made music going back to 1987 that I still enjoy listening to? How the fuck does that work? I tell people AFD is the greatest album of all time because I believe it. I'm not doing it to support Axl. I didn't argue for GnR in the great Guns vs. Metallica debates because I was being loyal to Axl all the while secretly liking Metallica better. I did it because AFD was the perfect album.

Hey the Big Mac is a classic, so Ronald, where is my new sandwich bitch? Just release it on itunes. I demand a new sandwich because I like your old one a lot.

Here is a fresh idea for every asshole demanding new music from Axl because he "owes it to us". Make your own fucking classic album if it's so godamn easy. Then people can bitch at you.

Huge difference between wanting a new album, and thinking a new album is owed to you.

Want a new album = me + any sane GnR fan.

vs.

Demanding a new album (or song) because you feel Axl owes it to you = Asshat.

You didn't elect Axl to public office.

You did not work for Axl.

You never loaned him money.

He made a product, you bought it, you liked it.

Transaction complete.

Edited by DeadSlash

8 is a little young for AFD. Your parents were a little irresponsible.

FYI to everyone who shat on the above post: It's a joke.

The rest of my ranting about Axl not owing us shit is not a joke, but the above statement setting people off? Really? You need to lighten up.

On second thought, I'm glad you didn't think it was funny. Otherwise people might demand more jokes from me.

i dont think he owes us anything. but going back to the first post, its okay to tell everyone you're a huge fan and that you really really want to hear new music. i mean thats the reason why we are following the setlists every night. then some people complain if there's nothing new and others just say, aww chucks, that sounded like a good show.

i would fucking love to hear new music or even a song they dont normally play. but their job is to put on an awesome performance for the people that paid to be at the venue. and its clear, they are calculated when they do that and its probably the reason all of their tour gets better as they continue.

I really don't think anybody thinks Axl actually owes them anything.

FAns would just rather him release new music, especially the hardcore forum fans.

Fans are expecting new music because Axl said there were two more CD session records coming. I don't fault them in the least for expressing their want for new music, and if someone did say AXl owes us, i think they meant it in the least extreme way,'and just are huge fans who would poo themselves if Axl followed through on his initial plans.

Axl said there would be much more music , so hardcores have that idea in there head, so when the visit the forums, that's what they express.