Just one song?

jellyzero

- original post -

do you think axl is touring that setlist for fun? do you think he won all those lawsuits? lol. he needs money. you don't make money when relasing albums or singles anymore. touring is where the money is. for him it's a job, not a passion. axl is way more obsessive with the way rather than the goal. having it his way appears to have always been more important to him than actually going somewhere in like making progress.

30 years from now people will remember the bitching, door slamming, late going axl rose primadonna, not the sophisticated gentlemen with a nasty sense of humor or the musical genius that wrote november rain or this i love.

today, if you're lucky you'll be getting a good rock show without playback. if he gets his shit together for the 60-100 bucks you and 10.000 others pay him to do so that is. that's about all you should expect at this point in time.

new music? there's probably two more albums, maybe three. and i believe they are awesome. but you will not hear them, because having them "his way" is more important to him than having them out there at all.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New music will come out when it comes out.

Aerosmith's last album was 2001...I don't see their fans shitting on them.

GNR has Rolling Stones, Aerosmith ect... status. They have enough material to tour the world.

Not really.

I hate to disagree with you, because I know you are a die-hard fan.

But the new band doesn't have the same status as the Stones or Aerosmith.

And the entity that is GnR doesn't have the back catalog of either of those bands either. A quick check online shows the Rolling Stones put out 29 studio albums and 10 live albums.

I don't see how a fan would not want new music from this band.

I love seeing any band in concert. But I don't get excited hearing Its So Easy live anymore.

For me, this is how it shapes up.

If GnR does yet another tour where they only play the old songs.....I will go if I happen to be in the same town as a show. But I won't make a trip to go see them.

If GnR comes out with a new album.......I will plan a vacation around a show, and take my whole family.

Why the fuck not move on since then, and PUT OUT NEW MATERIAL. Really folks, it's not that hard to do. Some have suggested some nonsensical points about how difficult it is to release new songs in 2011, but the truth is, it has never been easier.

It's not nonsensical.

It's not just Axl's call whether or not to release new music. Universal has the say. That's how the business works.

If the label isn't supportive, it makes things very, very, very hard. Because it's their money and their property.

If it was that simple, (1) I don't believe that Geffen has no interest in releasing a new GNR album or single, and (2) the band could come out and say so.

It wasn't the case from 1999-2008, and it continues to not be the case. It is an excuse.

Sure it's possible that at one point a version of CD was turned in, and the record company wanted them to go back and record another song that could be released as a single. I don't buy it, but it is possible. This is not the reason, however, that Axl has released a total of 15 new songs since 1991.

The record company reportedly spent at least $14 million dollars on the Chinese Democracy sessions. It is silly to think they don't have any interest in releasing anything else.

Edited by axlsalinger

8 is a little young for AFD. Your parents were a little irresponsible.

Come on I grew up watching Woodstock, The Blues Brothers and listening to Sabbath and Lep. before it was cool to listen too them and I turned out fine too. lol I am not saying all music is for the masses but I have been part of this argument before. Some kids are ready for that stuff and some aren't. I am so glad I didn't have parents that sheltered me.

Music touches my soul. But lack of new music from one of the artists I like is not a big problem, then I just listen to the enormous amount of other good music out there. I just can't force myself to be miserable about GN'R not releasing music at a higher frequency. It's impossible to be sad when there's so much great music out there just waiting to be explored.

We are not saying that Axl owes us anything

Some of the guys in this thread was explicitly stating that Axl owes them new music and those and the ones I have been arguing with. If you are not among those then I don't see any reason why you reply to my post.

I was replying to your ludicrous notion that because there is other music that has been released by other bands in the past, that GNR fans should not want to hear new material from GNR.

I was replying to your ludicrous notion that because there is other music that has been released by other bands in the past, that GNR fans should not want to hear new material from GNR.

Please focus more. I have never said that fans shouldn't want new music from GN'R, I want new music myself, I have said that it is impossible for me to be sad and miserable about it.

I'm not sure what you mean to be honest. We can discuss anything we want in this forum. We arent here to please the band (necessarily), we're here to please ourselves after all. I go to concerts and buy records to please the band I like.

It would definetly be cool of them to release a single while touring. Can't be that difficult.

Don't forget that we're in a GNR FORUM, this is the kind of things we are meant to do in here: DISCUSS

I think that Axl should try to listen to the fans at least a little bit. After all, we have paid for his house on the hills and all the rest. Not like he earned the money sitting in an office Monday-Friday, 9-6.

Nothing against you, man, but I'm getting annoyed with the copout "this is a discussion forum" thing.

Anything can be considered a discussion, first of all, and secondly it isn't the rhetoric and debate that is offensive to anyone (not me, anyway.) Railing against useless shit talking isn't the same thing as censorship, y'know?

I'm not sure what you mean to be honest. We can discuss anything we want in this forum. We arent here to please the band (necessarily), we're here to please ourselves after all. I go to concerts and buy records to please the band I like.

It would definetly be cool of them to release a single while touring. Can't be that difficult.

Don't forget that we're in a GNR FORUM, this is the kind of things we are meant to do in here: DISCUSS

I think that Axl should try to listen to the fans at least a little bit. After all, we have paid for his house on the hills and all the rest. Not like he earned the money sitting in an office Monday-Friday, 9-6.

Nothing against you, man, but I'm getting annoyed with the copout "this is a discussion forum" thing.

Anything can be considered a discussion, first of all, and secondly it isn't the rhetoric and debate that is offensive to anyone (not me, anyway.) Railing against useless shit talking isn't the same thing as censorship, y'know?

Not totally accurate, though. You have to stay within the boundaries of the forum, and bashing, etc. is forbidden. Not saying you were bashing anyone, just stating the rule.

Problem is, there ARE plenty of people who just have negative things to say and it upsets the rest of us.

As for this topic... eh. If Axl never releases another song I will still love the band as much as I do now. If he never tours again, etc. Anything else would be more to enjoy, but it doesn't affect my appreciation of them right now. too many are letting what they WANT dictate how they feel about things that they should already have a set opinion on.

Please focus more. I have never said that fans shouldn't want new music from GN'R, I want new music myself, I have said that it is impossible for me to be sad and miserable about it.

Thats where the issue is, why people are "fighting" online or whatever you want to call it.

Nobody is sad and miserable about GnR not releasing more music.

This is a GNR forum, so when we come here, we talk about GNR. But the second I log off this site, my day isn't ruined because of lack of new music. The thought of new GnR music won't be on my mind again until I hear some GnR music, come back to the forum, see that another band I like is releasing a new album. But nobody is sitting at home dwelling on the lack of new music. Nobody is sitting at home contemplating suicide if Axl doesn't release a new song.

Nobody is "sad and miserable" about it. Frustrated and dissapointed - in terms of music.

I "hate" the Yankees, but that doesn't mean that I'm full of hate 24/7 and my life is sad and miserable because of it.

You are over-exageratting the emotions that people are talking about.

From all the whining and complaining on the fora it sure looks like people are really upset about it.

When you're on a GN'R forum, you tend to tell your opinions of GN'R. Some have negative opinions and are hungry for new music. Because this is a GN'R forum, they express this opinion. Doesn't mean all they can think about is GN'R's lack of music; it's just the topic of conversation. I'm sure GN'R's not making people lose sleep at night (except at concerts with the late starts and all).

From all the whining and complaining on the fora it sure looks like people are really upset about it.

When you're on a GN'R forum, you tend to tell your opinions of GN'R. Some have negative opinions and are hungry for new music. Because this is a GN'R forum, they express this opinion. Doesn't mean all they can think about is GN'R's lack of music; it's just the topic of conversation. I'm sure GN'R's not making people lose sleep at night (except at concerts with the late starts and all).

Fantastic post! Agreed 100%

+1 :thumbsup:

When you're on a GN'R forum, you tend to tell your opinions of GN'R. Some have negative opinions and are hungry for new music.

Yes, we all want new music. Some are making multiple posts complaining and whining about it acting all upset and pissy, others are more stoic.

Some quotes form this very own thread: "I know many of you are frustrated like I am", "It is absolutely frustrating beyond words, waiting for this band to release new music", "I feel your pain!!!!!!!!!!" and "It saddens me to think of what could have been...".

I won't bother to collect quotes from elsewhere on this forum, I think my point has been made. So, people here are both frustrated, sad, and in pain because they don't get new music from GN'R. Their words, not mine. Of course they might all be really bad at expressing themselves...

Edited by SoulMonster

When you're on a GN'R forum, you tend to tell your opinions of GN'R. Some have negative opinions and are hungry for new music.

Yes, we all want new music. Some are making multiple posts complaining and whining about it acting all upset and pissy, others are more stoic.

Of course we all want new music, but everybody has a different way to view the world, you know? The optimists vs the pessimists. Neither side is wrong and both annoy each other. But they basically have the same feelings. Just different ways of expressing them, I suppose.

Of course we all want new music, but everybody has a different way to view the world, you know? The optimists vs the pessimists. Neither side is wrong and both annoy each other. But they basically have the same feelings. Just different ways of expressing them, I suppose.

I have never said anyone is wrong for being "frustrated" and "sad" about not getting new music, so don't try to put that on me.

Yes, people are different, and some are, according to their own words, "sad" and "frustrated" about not getting new music. My point, if you go back to page 3 where I first wrote it, remains umodified: I am not able to be miserable and sad about not getting new music. Period.

I have never said anyone is wrong for being "frustrated" and "sad" about not getting new music, so don't try to put that on me.

Yes, people are different, and some are, according to their own words, "sad" and "frustrated" about not getting new music. My point, if you go back to page 3 where I first wrote it, remains umodified: I am not able to be miserable and sad about not getting new music. Period.

But you get up and arms about people that do? Why do u care so much about how complete strangers feel? You are actually posting people's comments......wow. You might be taking the forum a bit too seriously.

Ok great. You are more "stoic" than those of us who love GnR and want new music. Congrats. You are clearly The Man. We are all weak compared to you. Thank you for setting us all straight.

Oh, I forgot to end my comments with.....Period.

But you get up and arms about people that do? Why do u care so much about how complete strangers feel?

I don't, it was an off-comment that obviously rubbed some people here the wrong way and then I got engaged in a discussion regarding it. And I love discussing.

You are actually posting people's comments......wow. You might be taking the forum a bit too seriously.

"

No, I don't take the forum seriously but I take discussions and providing evidence for my opinions seriously. So spending 1 minute to paste some quotes proving that people are saying they are "sad" and "frustrated" hence validating my own comment about not being miserable and sad, is not something I shy away from. And even spending a few minutes replying to your sad post is something I am willing to do while making today's pancakes.

Ok great. You are more "stoic" than those of us who love GnR and want new music. Congrats. You are clearly The Man. We are all weak compared to you. Thank you for setting us all straight.

These are all your words, but thanks for providing that interesting glimpse into your own mind.

You haven't explicitly said it was wrong, but you pretty much spelled it out in your previous few posts...

You haven't explicitly said it was wrong, but you pretty much spelled it out in your previous few posts...

Just more reasons to keep the pros and cons separated. How many more threads have to be completely derailed?

Before it gets said AGAIN: I know it's a discussion forum, I know people are allowed to disagree, I know people are entitled to their opinion, and I know blah blah blah freedom of speech bygod 'MERICA.

Just more reasons to keep the pros and cons separated. How many more threads have to be completely derailed?

Before it gets said AGAIN: I know it's a discussion forum, I know people are allowed to disagree, I know people are entitled to their opinion, and I know blah blah blah freedom of speech bygod 'MERICA.

Every thread on mygnrforum gets derailed. You can't prevent this. :P

But hey, sometimes derailed threads are more fun. This isn't one of those instances.

Every thread on mygnrforum gets derailed. You can't prevent this. :P

But hey, sometimes derailed threads are more fun. This isn't one of those instances.

Frankly, it makes the entire forum less appealing. It becomes a passive aggressive dick measuring contest so fast most of the time that it must cause a lot of people to just stop coming. Kind of counter-intuitive, really. Tell a poster to stop being negative and you get a lecture on free speech followed by being called an "axlite" or something else ridiculous, usually followed by some homoerotic suggestion of what you do with Mr. Rose's penis.

Start a thread just discussing how you like the band and what it means to you, get bashed and trolled and mocked.

Say "I liked the ___________ concert" and get called a retard for having an opinion.

Some of those things are just the nature of the beast, but I really get sick of the huge levels of anti-Axl talk on a fan forum.

Edited by Used To Love Me

What are you arguing here, exactly? You suggested people were "sad" and "miserable" as if they spend their whole lives rocking back and forth on the couch, unable to function in life because of their terrible misery regarding the state of unreleased GNR songs. Once you take the hyperbole away, what are we left with? Yes, it is sad that the music world doesn't appreciate what Axl's been doing over the past decade, since he has clearly still has something to offer, and it's frustrating that somebody with this much talent records a whole bunch of songs but won't release them. That doesn't mean that we are "miserable" in any way shape or form, nor does it mean that we are "sad" or "frustrated" 24 hours a day. But within the context of GNR fandom, how can you not be frustrated at seeing one of your all-time favourite artists release a grand total of 15 songs in 20 years?

The funny thing is, I am generally one of the more positive fans when it comes to Guns. On the one hand, Axl's plan to rebuild Guns n' Roses has been a success, since he put together an awesome band that generally produces great concerts and recorded music, when we have the chance to hear it. But at the same time, this is a band that records all the time, but never releases any music. All we are saying is, stop wasting all this time, and release something.

Well, that is your interpretation. I have explicitly stated -- or "spelled it out", if you prefer -- that I can relate to kids being frustrated since I myself was frustrated when UYIs were postponed. Fact is that I in general don't think feelings are wrong. But I do think it is sad when grown-ups are so emotionally attached to music bands that they get frustrated and sad when their band doesn't release music at a high enough frequency. But not wrong. Feelings are rarely wrong.

Edited by SoulMonster

What are you arguing here, exactly? You suggested people were "sad" and "miserable" as if they spend their whole lives rocking back and forth on the couch, unable to function in life because of their terrible misery regarding the state of unreleased GNR songs. Once you take the hyperbole away, what are we left with? Yes, it is sad that the music world doesn't appreciate what Axl's been doing over the past decade, since he has clearly still has something to offer, and it's frustrating that somebody with this much talent records a whole bunch of songs but won't release them. That doesn't mean that we are "miserable" in any way shape or form, nor does it mean that we are "sad" or "frustrated" 24 hours a day. But within the context of GNR fandom, how can you not be frustrated at seeing one of your all-time favourite artists release a grand total of 15 songs in 20 years?

The funny thing is, I am generally one of the more positive fans when it comes to Guns. On the one hand, Axl's plan to rebuild Guns n' Roses has been a success, since he put together an awesome band that generally produces great concerts and recorded music, when we have the chance to hear it. But at the same time, this is a band that records all the time, but never releases any music. All we are saying is, stop wasting all this time, and release something.

Pretty sure the guy is just responding to the overwhelming negativity when it comes to new material, new albums, etc. I'd love to hear it, sure, but I don't give it any more thought than that.

Look at the way people run around in the concert threads begging for songs that they don't even know exist, really. Yeah, so and so said there's a song that's awesome, and there's a 10 second clip of something on the internet, and there's a word on a setlist... so??? Just enjoy the show! People complain about the same setlist in every concert - so don't watch every concert!

Remember before internet forums? Whatever you saw live would have been AWESOME. you'd have NO IDEA what got played in the last town, and you wouldn't care - what's wrong with just living in the now? That's what Axl and co. are doing.

Well, that is your interpretation. I have explicitly stated -- or "spelled it out", if you prefer -- that I can relate to kids being frustrated since I myself was frustrated when UYIs were postponed. Fact is that I in general don't think feelings are wrong. But I do think it is sad when grown-ups are so emotionally attached to music bands that they get frustrated and sad when their band doesn't release music at a high enough frequency. But not wrong. Feelings are rarely wrong.

Okay, fine, but Groghan and I have already established that nobody's actually moping around at home.

Even if some people ARE upset to that degree (a big if), don't you like to see people exhibit such passion for music? I don't know. You don't come across that kind of passion often.

Either way, you exaggerated to make a point, and without that exaggeration, there really doesn't seem to be a point.

[Edit] As to why people are begging for new songs, again, they aren't losing sleep at night over it, but they just would rather hear a new song. Begging for Estranged seemed to work out for them. Again, this seems to be about perspective. You're thinking solely about the present; they're thinking about the future.

Edited by Kill Devil Hill