Stone Roses to reunite

bt88

http://stereogum.com/848362/the-stone-roses-reunite/top-stories/

So it looks like one of the most anticipated reunions in music is happening, at least for a few shows. I know there are a lot of fans of this band on here so thought you'd enjoy it.

Personally I never really got this band. I listened to the highly revered and acclaimed debut multiple times and couldnt get into it. I realize music is subjective but did it capture the spirit of the time and i just missed out? What is it about this band that so many people seem to love? This is not a cupcake or a prodding, just opening up some discourse.

the debut album is one of the finest albums ever made, and turns into stone is marvellous. if you don't "get" it, i'm afraid there's simply no hope for you at all

not to psyched about this reunion though. brown couldn't sing two decades ago, let alone now, and they've all (except mani, bless him) seemed pissed off at each other for fifteen years now, but what the hell - they'll at least make loads of money

guess this means no new primal scream for yet another while :(

brown couldn't sing two decades ago, let alone now

He's got much better over the years actually. It's not like his singing style puts a lot of strain on his voice so there's no reason to think he'll not be able to keep it up. I saw him live a couple of years ago and his voice was really good or at least as good as on the records which is good enough for me.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Len B'stard

You're from somewhere in Europe right JJF? Fuckin come over man, flights from your ends are cheap as chips, people from Portugal and Poland and what have you come over on 30 quid flights and that, can't cost you ever so much...and it's the fuckin Roses man, you need to do this! :)

You're from somewhere in Europe right JJF? Fuckin come over man, flights from your ends are cheap as chips, people from Portugal and Poland and what have you come over on 30 quid flights and that, can't cost you ever so much...and it's the fuckin Roses man, you need to do this! :)

Life would have been a lot easier had I stayed in Europe :lol: but naw, I'm a US citizen and pretty much grounded here until this summer or something. I'll see how I can resolve this situation so I can somehow get myself to a show!