Here is what is frustrating

tange

had a friend call me the other night and go "dude Guns is playing in Atlanta, wanna go?"

of course i said i was already going to Nashville and Southhaven but it brings up my point.

Not much in the way of publicity for this tour. here is a guy who would gladly go (knows that Slash isn't in the band anymore) and just found out about it.

It just makes me shake my head. I think Guns would do much better here if they just go the word out.

You have to promote in the U.S. cause there is so much stuff going on all the time. we are saturated with stuff to do.

Anyway. rant over.

I somewhat agree, but in my experience the word has actually traveled pretty fast. I had plenty of people asking me if I was going to see GNR right around the time they announced the tour, it was before they even had a set date and venue for the Detroit show. When a big name band that barely tours announces that they're going on tour, the local papers report it.

I somewhat agree, but in my experience the word has actually traveled pretty fast. I had plenty of people asking me if I was going to see GNR right around the time they announced the tour, it was before they even had a set date and venue for the Detroit show. When a big name band that barely tours announces that they're going on tour, the local papers report it.

Indeed dude, people around the "D" are talking about the show quite a bit. I have a friend who DJ's and she says it's being discussed and word is spreading quickly.

Not really the band's responsibility. That's why they work with people called promoters, people who are responsibility for promoting the show.

Cheers,

Andrew

Promoters can only do so much with nothing...

Cheers!

Edited by Coma16

Not really the band's responsibility. That's why they work with people called promoters, people who are responsibility for promoting the show.

Cheers,

Andrew

Cheers!

It's not hard to post the bandmates of current Guns N' Roses on the website where a person buys the tickets.

Cheers,

Andrew

Cheers!

It's not hard to post the bandmates of current Guns N' Roses on the website where a person buys the tickets.

True, or they should just post one of the many band photos that are out there...

I wore this shirt:

http://elsewhere/3armb8u

to a party last weekend.

Someone randomly said: "So what's goin' on with that shirt? What does it mean?"

I said: "What are you talkin' about? It's Gn'R. GUNS N' ROSES!"

It led to a discussion about how she used to love the band back in the day. I told her Axl and the new band was coming to Chicago. She had no idea. Later she was trying to get a group together to go.

I'm not sure what the band can really do though to spread the word. You don't really see anyone else actively promoting a tour. If there's no album or single, they just tour.