Guns N' Roses: 28th October Orlando, Florida, USA @ Amway Center UPDATE Thread

Guest Gunns

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jungle is awesome. I was already pumped for Indy, but now I'm even more hyped. But the chicken/Mick Jagger strut thing he does during mostly just CD and Jungle is so weird. What the hell is that? Besides hilarious, of course. I don't think he was doing that until last year.

wow what a great jungle.

guys btw sometimes low bits/per second rates can give axl an extra rasp so dont get fooled by that

Nah since Rio Axl only got Jungle and Nightrain right. I don't think he will get anywhere he was last year. Every 2011 show I look back I get excited when I hear the band + Axl nail Jungle, but everything after that is just meh, except for maybe This I Love and Nightrain. It sucks but it's true.

a review thanks to Kujo from htgth

Sounds like most of that review was written while the reviewer was steaming over the 90 minute wait. That was my 10th GnR show and the best one so far. Axl was heard loud and clear right from the start and never sounded winded despite running around most of the night. He appeared to be in good shape and was the focus of many close ups. Whatever issues were present in Rio are gone. That band kicked ass last night.

I purposely checked out the crowd because I know people obsess on that thing. It was not sold out, but the upper bowl was open and I saw plenty of people. It was a great night for anyone who wanted to go have a good time and listen t great music. Anyone else going in with an agenda probably got what they wanted, wheteher it actually happened or not.

I've been to a lot of awesome shows that have gotten bad reviews. In general, the reviewer already hates the band to begin with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ahD27ucerCM

awesome :)

This Is the best version of jungle that I have heard since the 2011 tour started and the crowd seemed pretty loud and lively. Nice job.

They should release a pro shot of that performance, it was great.

It's really sad, that they play the same set as always.....

Was expecting something new, or some old song to be added, but no - just as a touring theater - same old show! Axl should have come up with something new for american fans, specially, that the concerts didnt really sell well....

UGH!!!!!

Let's see what they show in Miami tonight, but considering only few hours difference between Orlando and Miami - they won't have any time to change anything

How unfortunate!

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It’s going to a tedious couple of weeks for progressive fans if these “greatest hits” set lists continue to be produced. I only see unreleased post-Slash efforts as a possibility at a more intimate show (perhaps on New Year).

Setlist bitching really? For the first US show? That's the first time the US had Estranged from this lineup, or Riff Raff... Plus sorry, this i love etc which might have been done at sturgis but thats it.

Looks like a really good turn out also

sorry but i just don't get the ac dc covers. and to have 2?! teh fuck! subtract the covers and add more GNR songs. axl's voice sounds amazing at that wttj clip. and it fits his own songs the best, their the best songs in the world dammit

cheers

Edited by CheapJon