Guns N' Roses: 28th October Orlando, Florida, USA @ Amway Center UPDATE Thread

Guest Gunns

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. What happened? The place was empty and now looks sold out. That's awesome. Great way to start the tour.

I'm still waiting to see them add a little to the setlist before I buy my tickets, but I'll probably buy them anyway just to hear Estranged.

New song ?.?..?

They played 117 new tracks tonight and that's just so far. No one is posting it to the forums though.

:rofl-lol:

hahaha. im in a great mood. was nervous with those 80 percent empty arena pics. but i cant wait for minneapolis and chicago. just bought chicago tonight. sorry i hate posting during a concert thread cuz i obviously have no updates. but is they do shows like this, fuck. awesome. i might even make a trip to indianapolis or nashville and just totally fuck shit up.

Arena was pretty fulll

jus look this pic

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=63052.80

and this arena was packed

http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/board/index.php?topic=63052.60

01. Intro (Dexter tv theme)

02. Chinese Democracy

03. Welcome to the Jungle

04. It's So Easy

05. Mr. Brownstone

06. Sorry

07. Better

08. Estranged

09. Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)

10. Live and Let Die

11. This I Love

12. Riff Raff (AC/DC Cover)

13. Dizzy Reed Solo (Baba O' Riley)

14. Street Of Dreams

15. Rocket Queen

16. You Could Be Mine

17. Dj ASHBA Solo (mi Amor)

18. Sweet Child O' Mine

19. Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd Cover)

20. November Rain

21. Ron Bumblefoot Thal Solo (Pink Panther)

22. Don't Cry

23. Whole Lotta Rosie

24. Knocking on Heavens Door

25. Nightrain

encore

26. Madagascar

27. Patience

28. Paradise city

Sorry for lack of updates... Phone died right when I walked in. Met lots of forum members, saw MSL and Jarmo...

But anyway the show... OMFG... best show ever!! Axl sounded phenomenal, best I ever heard!! I got to play Ron's guitar!! Will post more later but fuck... Axl was extremely happy, and interacting with the band in so many ways.

Cheers

First reviews coming through

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/2011/10/concert-review-guns-n-roses-at-amway-center.html

Concert review: Guns N’ Roses at Amway Center

Concerts — posted by jimabbott on October, 29 2011 2:24 AM

Well, I never had a chance to see the old, fat Elvis Presley in Las Vegas, but I saw Axl Rose on Friday at Amway Center.

That’s has to be close, right?

Rose and the current no-name lineup of Guns N’ Roses – sort of the strike-season-replacement-team of rock bands – unleashed a bloated, but surprisingly strong 3 hours on the opening night of its first U.S. tour in more than five years. Yeah, there was a lot of it – just like the lead singer’s expanded mid-section.

Just kidding, sort of.

Actually, it was hard to make a judgment about Axl’s physique, since he was dressed in a frumpy black jacket, untucked shirt and baggy pants that concealed his waistline. His face also was hard to see beneath pulled-down brim of a flashy fedora and the big video screens never offered a close-up.

Maybe his eyes were shielded to keep him from seeing that there weren’t enough fans to fill the lower bowl or require opening the arena’s upper level. Perhaps the faithful were turned off by horrendous reviews out of the band’s recent Rock in Rio performance – or maybe chubby Axl consumed some of them at the meet-and-greet.

It was hard to hear his voice above the onslaught of guitars and drums in an opening foray that included “Chinese Democracy,” “Welcome to the Jungle” and “It’s So Easy.”

When the mix stabilized, though, his strident tenor was strong (by Axl standards) in “Estranged,” “Live and Let Die,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and others. The gut-busting histrionics in “This I Love,” another Chinese Democracy song, were harder to love, however.

Maybe the band was turned up loud because it rocked instrumentally: Guitarists DJ Ashba, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Richard Fortus channeled riffs of signature hits above the foundation of bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer. Fewer time-chewing solos between the Guns N’ Roses songs would’ve been nice, though.

Although less intricate, opening act Buckcherry delivered its enthusiastic aggregation of Aerosmith and AC/DC riffs with conviction, ripping through “All Night Long,” “Dead” and “It’s a Party” with style.

It would’ve been nice if Buckcherry had played longer than its allotted 60 minutes, considering GNR made the fans wait an additional 90 minutes for its arrival just after 11:30 p.m.

But, as tempting as it is to write off the lead singer as a caricature of himself, the wait was pretty much worth it in the end.

No joke.

Sorry for lack of updates... Phone died right when I walked in. Met lots of forum members, saw MSL and Jarmo...

But anyway the show... OMFG... best show ever!! Axl sounded phenomenal, best I ever heard!! I got to play Ron's guitar!! Will post more later but fuck... Axl was extremely happy, and interacting with the band in so many ways.

Cheers

Great to read you had an awesome night; :thumbsup:

First reviews coming through

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/entertainment_music_blog/2011/10/concert-review-guns-n-roses-at-amway-center.html

Concert review: Guns N’ Roses at Amway Center

Concerts — posted by jimabbott on October, 29 2011 2:24 AM

Well, I never had a chance to see the old, fat Elvis Presley in Las Vegas, but I saw Axl Rose on Friday at Amway Center.

That’s has to be close, right?

Rose and the current no-name lineup of Guns N’ Roses – sort of the strike-season-replacement-team of rock bands – unleashed a bloated, but surprisingly strong 3 hours on the opening night of its first U.S. tour in more than five years. Yeah, there was a lot of it – just like the lead singer’s expanded mid-section.

Just kidding, sort of.

Actually, it was hard to make a judgment about Axl’s physique, since he was dressed in a frumpy black jacket, untucked shirt and baggy pants that concealed his waistline. His face also was hard to see beneath pulled-down brim of a flashy fedora and the big video screens never offered a close-up.

Maybe his eyes were shielded to keep him from seeing that there weren’t enough fans to fill the lower bowl or require opening the arena’s upper level. Perhaps the faithful were turned off by horrendous reviews out of the band’s recent Rock in Rio performance – or maybe chubby Axl consumed some of them at the meet-and-greet.

It was hard to hear his voice above the onslaught of guitars and drums in an opening foray that included “Chinese Democracy,” “Welcome to the Jungle” and “It’s So Easy.”

When the mix stabilized, though, his strident tenor was strong (by Axl standards) in “Estranged,” “Live and Let Die,” “Sweet Child O’ Mine” and others. The gut-busting histrionics in “This I Love,” another Chinese Democracy song, were harder to love, however.

Maybe the band was turned up loud because it rocked instrumentally: Guitarists DJ Ashba, Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal and Richard Fortus channeled riffs of signature hits above the foundation of bassist Tommy Stinson, keyboardists Dizzy Reed and Chris Pitman and drummer Frank Ferrer. Fewer time-chewing solos between the Guns N’ Roses songs would’ve been nice, though.

Although less intricate, opening act Buckcherry delivered its enthusiastic aggregation of Aerosmith and AC/DC riffs with conviction, ripping through “All Night Long,” “Dead” and “It’s a Party” with style.

It would’ve been nice if Buckcherry had played longer than its allotted 60 minutes, considering GNR made the fans wait an additional 90 minutes for its arrival just after 11:30 p.m.

But, as tempting as it is to write off the lead singer as a caricature of himself, the wait was pretty much worth it in the end.

No joke.

Whoever wrote this shit can stick his blog up his arse. So many times over the last couple of years i've read similar reviews from people that are so upset to admit that they have witnessed one of the great rock acts in modern times. They are so reluctant to give Axl and the boys credit for a brilliant show that the content of their pissy little review is mostly negative, and then they usually end it with something like - 'Oh yeah, by the way it was really quite awesome' - as a little throwaway sentence at the end of bashing the band.

By all real accounts it went off well and Axl and the boys were terrific. Enjoy it USA :)

01. Intro (Dexter tv theme)

02. Chinese Democracy

03. Welcome to the Jungle

04. It's So Easy

05. Mr. Brownstone

06. Sorry

07. Better

08. Estranged

09. Richard Fortus Solo (James Bond Theme)

10. Live and Let Die

11. This I Love

12. Riff Raff (AC/DC Cover)

13. Dizzy Reed Solo (Baba O' Riley)

14. Street Of Dreams

15. Rocket Queen

16. You Could Be Mine

17. Dj ASHBA Solo (mi Amor)

18. Sweet Child O' Mine

19. Another Brick In The Wall (Pink Floyd Cover)

20. November Rain

21. Ron Bumblefoot Thal Solo (Pink Panther)

22. Don't Cry

23. Whole Lotta Rosie

24. Knocking on Heavens Door

25. Nightrain

encore

26. Madagascar

27. Patience

28. Paradise city

Lovely set list - as an AC/DC fan, I couldn't ask for more than to hear Axl Rose himself channel the hard rock soul of Guns N' Roses by covering not one, but two Bon Scott era gems. But, as a GNR fan, there is only one thing that I can ask for...

B

R

I

N

G

B

A

C

K

CIVIL WAR