Guns N' Roses: 28th October Orlando, Florida, USA @ Amway Center UPDATE Thread

Guest Gunns

I don't post often but I read this forum everyday.. The orlando show was mind blowing for me.. Standing in line since 4.30pm ,raining a little bit,then its time to finally enter the arena,got front row center.. Ron came out to say hi to the fans,got a guitar pick from him!Then "fuckcherry" comes on stage and couldn't wait for them to leave,fucking sucked! (Sorry B fans) then waited some more for GNR to take the stage, lights go down .. WOW! I was a little bit in shock when I saw AXL, so close.. He was in such a great mood.. They were all!! I'm an Original GNR supporter but this blew my mind.. Estranged was very emotional (even tho they fucked up the intro)but .. Wow... The Man himself was on Fire! Smiling,made eye contact with him like 3X! (No homo.lol) RQ,better,NR,nightrain.. Wow.. Sung every song... I'd much rather get a CD song ,new song or even an old song like locomotive played instead of "riff raff" but whatever... He nailed it..his voice was amazing! No words to explain .. My voice and my ears are still fucked up but what the hell.. I just had Axl fucking Rose in front of me singing the shit outta this songs.. Wow.. Long live GNR!

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't post often but I read this forum everyday.. The orlando show was mind blowing for me.. Standing in line since 4.30pm ,raining a little bit,then its time to finally enter the arena,got front row center.. Ron came out to say hi to the fans,got a guitar pick from him!Then "fuckcherry" comes on stage and couldn't wait for them to leave,fucking sucked! (Sorry B fans) then waited some more for GNR to take the stage, lights go down .. WOW! I was a little bit in shock when I saw AXL, so close.. He was in such a great mood.. They were all!! I'm an Original GNR supporter but this blew my mind.. Estranged was very emotional (even tho they fucked up the intro)but .. Wow... The Man himself was on Fire! Smiling,made eye contact with him like 3X! (No homo.lol) RQ,better,NR,nightrain.. Wow.. Sung every song... I'd much rather get a CD song ,new song or even an old song like locomotive played instead of "riff raff" but whatever... He nailed it..his voice was amazing! No words to explain .. My voice and my ears are still fucked up but what the hell.. I just had Axl fucking Rose in front of me singing the shit outta this songs.. Wow.. Long live GNR!

Great post. Glad to hear it was so awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing them myself in just over a week.

Ok I know I'm really late to this put I want to add my 2 cents... and I will try to only add things that I don't think have been mentioned yet...

1) Best song of the night in my opinion was Madagascar, and I'm shocked there isn't a video yet for it. The arrangement, Axl, everything was impecable. Axl had the full "rasp" thing going throughout the song and even let loose a WTTJ style scream before the solo. DJ was playing his guitar like a Cello with a drumstick during the solo as well. Incredible performance.

2) Ron let the audience play his guitar at the end of Whole Lotta Rosie. I was all up in it lol

3) There were two jam sessions that went on during the encore, and both of them came across as full song instrumentals. I didn't recognize either one as another band's work, so one has to assume its some sort of original either made for this tour or something else. Once again, like Madagascar, I'm surprised videos have not surfaced of either one so far. The first one in particular after Nightrain was really incredible. It was a progressive style song that started with one guitar, then two, then bass, drums, etc. It was really a catchy tune and I want to hear it again.

All in all it was a great night like everyone said. YouTube videos do NOT do this band justice as most of the bass both in Axl (which is where people think the Mickey mouse thing comes from... you just can't hear it!) and in the band does not come through.

Look forward to seeing everyone I met from the forums again in Wilkes Barre! I think that show will be a party!

BTW - Here's me! :)

capturett.jpg

Axle.jpg

Just as everyone has mentioned, greatest show i"ve ever seen. Axl sounds incredible and

the rest of the guys put on a great concert too. For me this was a long 20 something year wait

and he didn't dissapoint. If you have the opportunity to see a show, don't miss it....AMAZING.....

Welcome To His Jungle......btw, my girl insisted I post credit for her superb photo/iphone skills...

Edited by WTHJ

Axle.jpg

Just as everyone has mentioned, greatest show i"ve ever seen. Axl sounds incredible and

the rest of the guys put on a great concert too. For me this was a long 20 something year wait

and he didn't dissapoint. If you have the opportunity to see a show, don't miss it....AMAZING.....

Welcome To His Jungle......btw, my girl insisted I post credit for her superb photo/iphone skills...

You know this is a funny story. At the Tampa show in 2006 my wife gave up her handshake with Axl to take a picture of me shaking his. I said "gawd bless that woman."

Then this time, I was in the same seat for this show (104, front row) and shook his hand almost immediately. Once again my wife took the picture, and I said "gawd bless that woman."

However when I saw the picture something wasn't right. When Axl ran up to the rail, I remember sticking my arm between it for the shake. The picture she took (which I thought was me at first) was actually the next guy, which I'm guessing is actually yours. I watched this on youtube, and I was right, he shakes mine first inbetween and then the next guy over the rail.

Here is her pic:

imag0769s.jpg

My pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.293861280633164.77253.100000278834078&type=1

Edited by SLCPUNK

Are you reffering to this pic ????

gnr1.jpg

Axle.jpg

You know this is a funny story. At the Tampa show in 2006 my wife gave up her handshake with Axl to take a picture of me shaking his. I said "gawd bless that woman."

Then this time, I was in the same seat for this show (104, front row) and shook his hand almost immediately. Once again my wife took the picture, and I said "gawd bless that woman."

However when I saw the picture something wasn't right. When Axl ran up to the rail, I remember sticking my arm between it for the shake. The picture she took (which I thought was me at first) was actually the next guy, which I'm guessing is actually yours. I watched this on youtube, and I was right, he shakes mine first inbetween and then the next guy over the rail.

Here is her pic:

imag0769s.jpg

My pictures:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.293861280633164.77253.100000278834078&type=1