Only one thing missing from the 2011 Tour...

Kaneda

GN'R is a dished best served with some anger and some fucking attitude. The band has always been the personification of our alter egos. You know, all those nasty things we wanted to tell people who annoy us, but we keep them to ourselves? GN'R didn't just say it, they finished it off with a fucking spit to the face. You always felt like they were fueled by gas that was 1000 Octane and they didn't just rev shit to the limiter, they kept going until pistons exploded. They had this way about them that said, "we're cooler than you, face it, you have nothing interesting to tell us...now fuck off!" THey had no respect for people's time, they showed up and played when they felt like it, and if you didn't like it...well...And they could do all of this cause they delivered. When you watch an old Guns concert, from back in the 90s, they guys in the band looked half dead, half alive...shit, they looked fucking wasted but still managed to churn out note after note in perfect melody...again, almost as if they didn't care and they could do this in their sleep. If I could ask anything of the new guys, it's this: BE ANGRY! They all seem so happy to be up there, which is totally awesome to see, but come on, someone up there must have rooted for the Texas Rangers...so get pissed!!! Axl, next airport your in, let someone fucking have it...NO THEY CAN'T CHECK YOUR BAGS, YOU'RE GN'R!!!! Ron, don't give away tickets, fucking take them back from fans who aren't cool enough!!! Next hotel room you're in, trash it. Johnny Depp has built a fucking career out of this. He was making shit until he went whole hog on an innocent hotel room, now the fuckers pulling in 80 million a year jamming rum up the Kracken's ass!!! I love this new lineup and the chemistry is there...all that's left to do is flip the switch and get mad. But not the kind of mad that cancels a show, but surely a mic stand can be kicked over or a guitar smashed...no? I also would like, in the middle of patience, a new verse to be added: "He's in my ass, that's where SLASH is, FUCKHEAD, GO HOME!!!" And then point to someone, and then person HAS TO LEAVE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!!! I mean, that has got to be one of the greatest insults of all time...And Axl, when you called that opening act who sucked the Pigeons of Shit Metal, I was rolling around on the ground laughing so hard. One line and BOOM, those fuckers were annihilated. I guess what I'm saying is, STOP BEING SO NICE. I am going to be front row when you guys play Izon in Jersey holding a sign that says: KANEDA, SPIT HERE...and there will be an arrowing pointing to my head. If you miss, you HAVE to play Prostitute...Deal?

Kaneda

GnR used to be a bunch of kids who lived on the streets, got shit on by everyone around them, went dancing with Mr. Brownstone.

Now they're rich, they've got mansions, private jets, fancy dinners. Doing things the way they used to would just be faked. It'd just be being fucking assholes.

GnR used to be a bunch of kids who lived on the streets, got shit on by everyone around them, went dancing with Mr. Brownstone.

Now they're rich, they've got mansions, private jets, fancy dinners. Doing things the way they used to would just be faked. It'd just be being fucking assholes.

that was the magic of the band.

Nick Cage has all those things and he's still managed to keep his edge. Fucking Wickerman. Great flick. Great flick. But seriously, I'm not talking about faking anything...just having that look in your eye like your out to prove something. The 2001 band in it's own crazy way hand that look in their eyes (and under the bucket) that they were on a mission. Mission was simple: re-create GUNS by playing the old material better than ever, and dropping new songs that brought the band forward, musically. As a fan, I believe they accomplished this quite well...I think the attitude also comes from playing the stuff you create...I'm sure these guys are itching to write new songs and play more of their new GN'R songs live...But at the same time, they have to service the hits people know and love...it's an interesting dilemma these guys are in every time they take the stage. The fire will burn brighter the more they tour, the more they interact with fans, the more they gel as a unit...God I wish this tour was here to promote the NEXT album...I'd literally pay $1,000 for that album tonight :)

Nick Cage has all those things and he's still managed to keep his edge. Fucking Wickerman. Great flick. Great flick. But seriously, I'm not talking about faking anything...just having that look in your eye like your out to prove something. The 2001 band in it's own crazy way hand that look in their eyes (and under the bucket) that they were on a mission. Mission was simple: re-create GUNS by playing the old material better than ever, and dropping new songs that brought the band forward, musically. As a fan, I believe they accomplished this quite well...I think the attitude also comes from playing the stuff you create...I'm sure these guys are itching to write new songs and play more of their new GN'R songs live...But at the same time, they have to service the hits people know and love...it's an interesting dilemma these guys are in every time they take the stage. The fire will burn brighter the more they tour, the more they interact with fans, the more they gel as a unit...God I wish this tour was here to promote the NEXT album...I'd literally pay $1,000 for that album tonight :)

I agree with you. Ashba said to have many amazing songs that didn't put on the CD. But back to the subject, we must accept that GNR is different than it did 20 years ago. I like CD, but in my opinion, doesn't compare with AFD. :shrugs:

Imo, there hasn't been "anger" since the UYI tour and by anger I mean performance anger. Of course, that sort of thing looks stupid at Axl's age so it's ok. It would sound kinda retarded if Axl released Shotgun Blues 2.

Edited by Nintari

It would just be weird seeing a 50 year old routinely act like an angry teenager every time they perform.

I'd just like to see Axl try to hold a candle to Phil Anselmo. The last rockstar frontman...Got anyone better.

And enough with the age shit... Seriously.

Edited by angrybananapeel

I agree. I would hope that much of Axl's anger when he was younger is gone now. He has a right to be happy. Although, I still get pumped when I hear Welcome to the Jungle. This song will always tell the story of how fucked up the world is and always will be!

Sad, but true.