Guns N' Roses OCT 29th 2011 - Miami, Florida, USA @ AmericanAirlines Arena UPDATE thread

Guest Gunns

Anyway, the setlist for this show is fantastic, I am glad to see Shacklers back in the set its killer live

I hope it stays!

Me too! And hopefully maybe later this tour we see songs like TWAT and Oh My God slip into the setlist as well!

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like how you drones have all these rules and guidelines of what a "fan" should do and say, and what a "fan" shouldn't do and say. Funny, as the very man you worship doesn't follow any rules or guidelines of what rockstars should typically do and say. Such as, aw gee, I don't know, showing up around the time you're scheduled to.

Kinda ironic, ain't it?

I don't play by anyone's rules, not even my own.

wow, you're a real mess then eh? :)

Fuck off galecano.

Late start aside, I thought this was a great show, axl and all, from what I've seen. I also gave them props for last night's show as well.

Hello Julie. You are still fat and a bit ugly. But You look great today, that dress is really cute on you. The new hairstyle looks good. Have a good day!

Your friend Bobbo.

Oh no guy, don't pin that petty shit on me. Never once have I gotten shallow about axl's bigger appearance, etc., if that's what you're implying. I'm always looking at the bigger picture, and as always, give em props when they EARN props. The last two shows especially, they did just that. And if they fuck up, well I'm not gonna pretend otherwise. I go by what happens, not by biased attitudes because I'm a fan. If you don't like that, then tough luck.

Doddo, I can't believe u missed the point completely. But that is typical for you.

Then was it: "axl you fuck up a lot. I criticize you for it. But tonight you were good, so I'll pay you a compliment"; or something among those lines? Regardless of what ever theatrical performance you were trying to give, my point still stands.

I am just curious Bobba, what was your original point?

It's all in the quoted text, but in a nutshell, when the band does something that warrants praise, such as last nights show, I'll give them praise. When they do something that warrants criticism, I criticize. I won't look the other way either or, and I won't be biased just because I'm a fan.

The funny thing is; I gave out some positive attitude toward axl and the boys, and groghan still found a way to bitch about it. Lmao.

when the band does something that warrants praise, such as last nights show, I'll give them praise. When they do something that warrants criticism, I criticize.

That seems fair enough to me.

Set List:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Estranged

Riff Raff

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

Shackler's Revenge

My Generation

Jam

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Jam

Madagascar

Out Ta Get Me

Patience

Paradise City

311316_239118379475272_100001313356575_609508_1582707475_n.jpg cool

Wow, Axl's hair is really getting long!

As it should be. Probably had to lose a good amount of hair when he got rid of the braids length-wise. Get rid of those stupid hats. He keeps doing things to make people think it's a wig/he's going bald. If he'd be like this more often he wouldn't have to hear all the dumb shit the media says

Updates here

lets shoot for #ohmygod again tonight

Gunsguy edit:

SETLIST:

Chinese Democracy

Welcome To The Jungle

It's So Easy

Mr. Brownstone

Sorry

Better

Estranged

Riff Raff

Richard Fortus Guitar Solo

Live And Let Die

This I Love

Rocket Queen

Shackler's Revenge

My Generation

Jam

Dizzy Reed Piano Solo

Street Of Dreams

You Could Be Mine

DJ Ashba Guitar Solo

Sweet Child O' Mine

Jam

November Rain

Bumblefoot Guitar Solo

Don't Cry

Whole Lotta Rosie

Knockin' On Heaven's Door

Nightrain

Jam

Madagascar

Out Ta Get Me

Patience

Paradise City

39204118848990789834712.jpg

311316_239118379475272_100001313356575_609508_1582707475_n.jpg

Oh my God! This is a fuckin amazing set list. All the freakin songs I and my son want to hear. This is going to be one hell of a show. God, I might even scream and I never do that at any rock shows! lol

God Bless you Axl Rose!

311316_239118379475272_100001313356575_609508_1582707475_n.jpg cool

Wow, Axl's hair is really getting long!

As it should be. Probably had to lose a good amount of hair when he got rid of the braids length-wise. Get rid of those stupid hats. He keeps doing things to make people think it's a wig/he's going bald. If he'd be like this more often he wouldn't have to hear all the dumb shit the media says

For years people kept saying/speculating that Axl was bald and that the braids were pasted on (wasn't it Bryan ferry who said that?). Hell, I heard it so many times on these forums that I actually kept hoping for the day that he'd ditch the fucking braids and show people how much hair he did or didn't have :rolleyes:

When he actually ditched the braids, all the people who were cribbing about his braids stopped. Now, they have his weight and other aspects of his appearance to bitch about. Even if he were to get back to his clean shaven, chiselled, six-pack sporting phyisque, shoulder length hair and the biker shorts, they'd still find something else to complain about.

Thanks for the pics and updates guys!

Yeah, ditto for me.

Okay, I guess Axl and GNR came out around midnight.

Ordinarily I would care, but first of all our temps here in Dallas have dropped. It'll probably be in the 50's or possibly 40's next Sat. night.

Most important of all, unless Gexa makes an exception, no shows go beyong 11:30 since it's an outdoor venue. I swear if they pull the plug because of people around the venue complaining there's going to be a riot beginning with me.

I really hope they know how this band is and makes an exception or it's going to be an early and disappointing night for all us Dallas US fans.

I guess if there are any Houston fans here, please post how the show was so we Dallas fans know what to expect or not? lol

37996210150338919001875.jpg

31778810150338918926875.jpg

31766318848958123171312.jpg

30071010150338955376875.jpg

29434418848980789835712.jpg

39258218848926123174512.jpg

39302810150338939191875.jpg

Great pics! Thanks for posting. 6 days and counting till Dallas.

His voice is still too thin.

SORRY doesn't have the power it used to back in 2009/10 and Estranged is still vocally weak for the 2nd part of the song. People keep saying his voice is getting better but I am not hearing it.

And don't say you can't judge from youtube. If that is the case then why does his voice sound good in youtube clips from 2010?

Welcome to the Jungle and CD seem to be 2 of the few songs he can still pull off without singing with the helium voice.

That sounds great. He does still have the falsetto voice but at the same time there are parts where he tries to add that razor blade rasp voice. I think he was trying but because the song is so long he doesn't wanna force it. For his age he's still fuckin' great though. And the band sounds brilliant.

That sounds great. He does still have the falsetto voice but at the same time there are parts where he tries to add that razor blade rasp voice. I think he was trying but because the song is so long he doesn't wanna force it. For his age he's still fuckin' great though. And the band sounds brilliant.

Age is no excuse. People were using age as an excuse in 2002, how old was he then?

50 is not an old man. 2010 was only a yr ago.