Guns N' Fuckin' Roses!

volcano62

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is strange and unusual.

normal is overrated, it's better that everyone can speak their minds, as opposed to other forums where it's one way or the highway...

agree with you, but the level of violence is no necesary.

When i read a thread and from 10 users 5 are insult the singer or the new guitarrist, and all the time the same, all the time with destructive coments, i just don't understand what they want!! :shrugs:

Metallica puts on the same set list almost every night (lately). Not to mention they cancelled their show in India, which resulted in a riot last week...

I did see them live at Summer Sanitarium (Toronto) back in '03 and they did kick major ass though!

That cancelled show was hilarious, they cancelled because they didn't want to go on too late. People can bitch about Axl's lateness all that they want, he would never cancel a show because he couldn't start earlier.

It was more a safety issue.

Pioneering thrash-metal band Metallica was set to make its first-ever live appearance in India Friday, but cancelled due to apparent safety concerns, prompting a near-riot and arrests of the concert's promoters.

A full 25,000 tickets were sold in advance of Friday's scheduled show in the New Delhi neighborhood of Guragon. YouTube video shows fans rushing to the stage as arena doors opened Friday at concert grounds in Delhi. Fans pushed and jockeyed for position, causing structural damage to the barrier in front of the stage, eventually driving the barrier to bursting.

A mere 2 hours before the concert was set to go off, an announcement was issued: “We regret to announce that due to technical difficulties the Metallica show at Gurgaon has been postponed until Saturday. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If there is a cancellation, the ticket amount will be refunded,” a statement from promoters DNA Entertainment Networks read.

The announcement was met with anger, apparently in part because Metallica was addressing a press conference at the time. Fans rushed the stage and damaged equipment, video showed. Some attempted to set fire to banners. But the fervor never fully took hold and, mostly, fans stayed calm and exited the venue when asked.

A statement on the band's website attempted to explain the cancellation, stating, "we were notified that there was a serious question as to whether the show could proceed with regard to the safety of the concert audience." The statement also explains DNA Entertainment attempted to procure a concert permit to move the concert to Saturday, but failed to do so.

DNA Entertainment Networks say they will issue full refunds for the 25,000 tickets sold. Police arrested four DNA representatives, including one senior executive, according to an Indian news agency. Police are quoted as saying organizers didn't take the district administration into confidence, not providing a solid enough reason for canceling the gig.

Metallica recently released Lulu, a collaboration with Velvet Underground member and general rock legend Lou Reed. Lulu has been met with near-universal critical disdain. A crowd of 25,000 actually tips on the smaller side of Metallica shows: they played to as many as 1.6 million, at 1991's Monsters of Rock festival in Moscow, Russia. Metallica came up through the club scene of '80s Los Angeles, breaking to commercial success with the band's fifth, self-titled album. http://www.nbcwashington.com/entertainment/music/NATLConcert-Promoters-Arrested-as-Metallica-Cancels-Delhi-show-132841028.html

Just a small difference.

Those safety concerns could have been taken care of in an hour or two. It was only a faulty security barricade.

That's exactly the reason why the concert promoters were arrested.

Somebody had to get arrested. Someone does every time there's a riot.

You clowns seemed surprised that hired musicians - session players - hired hands - play songs really good. That is what they get paid to do geniuses. What have they created that has had even the slightest impact on popular culture? Entertained a few Internet nerds? Bravo!!!

Stfu asshole. :fuckyou:

Truth hurts isn't it?

Edited by droezle

You clowns seemed surprised that hired musicians - session players - hired hands - play songs really good. That is what they get paid to do geniuses. What have they created that has had even the slightest impact on popular culture? Entertained a few Internet nerds? Bravo!!!

Truth hurts isn't it?

No no... it should be:

"The truth hurts, DOESN'T it?"

You even tried to edit it once because you knew something just looked off, didn't you?

www.hookedonphonics.com

That link will be of great benefit to you!

Who sounds surprised? Your reading comprehension clearly needs a lot of work before you decide to ramble on about some bullshit again. And I know that you are a little slow mentally, but us internet nerds aren't putting thousands of people at their shows.

Truth hurts isn't it?

I see that my reply to his post applies equally to you.

Truth hurts isn't it?

No no... it should be:

You even tried to edit it once because you knew something just looked off, didn't you?

www.hookedonphonics.com

The truth is the truth hurts, don't you agree?

Truth hurts isn't it?

No no... it should be:

www.hookedonphonics.com

I can answer in my language but i'm pretty sure you will not understand me.

Ok cupcakes...name me one fuckin' band that can outstage Guns N' Roses.....

U2

I know you like U2 Sunny and thats fine, but Guns rock harder. Anyway, thats what I think, and thats what you think. I wouldnt go see U2, even if the ticket was free.

"I like the new band better."

"No, the old band is waaayyy better."

"Hmm, let's use 20 pages of this thread to explore this argument further. "

:rolleyes::sleeper:

You forgot the part about insulting anybody who dare disagree with our point of view (for either side)

Its a shame that people feel the need to either constantly put down the new band or constantly throw juvenile insults at former members (Slash specifically). I personally love all incarnations of GNR and even though I perfer the old lineup I don't feel the need to put down current members just because they aren't Slash or Duff. All that I really care about is the fact that things are looking great for GNR's future - the Eddie Trunk interview, Axl seems to be in good spirits, and the setlists are great.

What a stupid thread

Don't like GNR? Go to Justin Beiber's forum.

What the hell is wrong with you lol

Is true, the thread is stupid if you want to talk good about guns n roses, but if the thread is to insult axl rose or new guns n roses is great! This is mygnrforum to guns n roses fans or i'm wrong?

What the hell is wrong WITH YOU! axl_on_drums you are a guns n roses fan or what? If you only like the old band, there are a part of this forum to talk about that!

ORIGINAL GNR

Peace

I never said the thread topic was stupid, I was talking about the thread in general, the way every topic around here spawns into the same old debate that's been done a million times..

Why would I have a problem with somebody supporting New GNR, I love them as much as the next guy, one of my favourite bands

Sorry, but is annoying to participate in a forum where are all the time criticizing the band, is strange and unusual.

Sorry if i not understood.

We are not critisizing the band we are changing thoughts and sometimes it gets a bit harsh. You can always leave when it's getting hard to understand and when you do so, don't forget to close the door. B)

thanks for the advice :rolleyes: but i don't have problem to understand, and i really think that sometimes your "it gets a bit harsh" is use for people that want to throw shit, is my opinion ;)

Edited by Blummas

They are probably the greatest live band in the world. They would need an actual album to be the greatest band in the world though.

Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band along with Pearl Jam edge out GNR as best live band in the world. You guys think 3 hours is long? Bruce played 3 hours 35 minutes In Buffalo last time I saw him. What a band. And no Im not dissing Axl and the boys because they are up there too. Just my preferences

I've seen Pearl Jam 3 times, and I'd take GNR over them any day. However, Pearl Jam and Bruce easily edge out GNR when it comes to changing their setlists.

Fair enough. Either way I'd rank those 3 bands as the best live shows at the moment. And yea, PJ and Bruce are very good at changing their set lists. I think Bruce played around 150 + songs last tour.

Izzy was a far more important factor to song writing in the old band.

Beyond the listed credits, and even going by Izzy's solo work. You get a pretty good idea of what Slash contributed, and it wasn't a small part either.

Izzy's work tends to be pretty classic rock, nice chord structures, but not dangerous in the slightest. You can tell it took someone like Slash to give the song claws.

A good example of this, is the song It's So Easy, it's not an Izzy song, but the approach to it was very mellow, Axl tells the story that Duff and West originally wrote the song as an acoustic "Hippie Ya-Ya" song, and that Slash raped it into the monster it became. He has no writing credit on it, but his input is all over the tune.

I would have to say that I think Duff contributed more of the punk influence acknowledged by the band in the early days, more than any other member. I think it was that punk influence along with the young adrenaline filled angst years that contributed the most bite. Slash fit to it of course but if we're talking influence, I think Duff would be an underated contributor to that sound.

USED to be the greatest Band in the world. The rest of the world gave

up on GN'R about 15 years ago. But if you're a fan, It's a great time!

I will enjoy seeing Axl live for the first time.

I don't know, I think the world gave up on ROCK in general as the biggest music. To me, That's the only reason GNR (current) couldn't pull off the 'Greatest Band in The World Crown again. But then, the world love a come-back and future opinions are based on current performance, it's a show-me business. If they keep up the way they are, put out a new album at the right time and this next year or so is a good time (music is bottomed out AGAIN) then there could well be a rock come-back and GNR could very well be leading it. Nothing is impossible.