November Rain and Estranged were one...

OptimusPrimeNL

This:

Maybe Axl just played them back to back but Matt didn't realize. If he was inside drinking with Slash and Duff before he came out to listen, then you can't really blame him lol.

or this:

I'd believe they might've used parts of Estranged in that original ridiculously long November Rain (I've heard of 18 minute and 25 minute versions). Some of the lyrics at least.

Although I believe those reported lengths (18 mins and 25 mins) are highly exaggerated.

I mean it's believable, they're both in the same key, part of the "trilogy" :shrugs:

the beginning of Estranged is actually in G minor, rest in is C major just like November Rain (except for the coda which is is C minor)...the weird thing about most Guns songs is that they're played down half a step...so November Rain would be in B major..sounds way better in that key imo...I'm pretty sure that Axl's piano is tuned half a step down, since he always plays it in C major, but it sounds like it's in B major...also explains why Ashba had problems with the This I Love solo at first, since the piano has a weird tuning..as well as why Dizzy fucked up a couple of times

you really think that professional musicians like ashba en dizzy didn't figure that out by themself? maybe they should ask you for advice then <_<

I don't think it matters at all. If Axl played Matt 2 piano songs Back to Back it could sound

the same in his mind, that it's just a 20 min song. It would all sound the same to a person

who doesn't play piano. But in the end Matt would know more than us anyway, he was there.

Alot of musicians take unused parts and add them to different songs, It's nothing new.

I mean it's believable, they're both in the same key, part of the "trilogy" :shrugs:

the beginning of Estranged is actually in G minor, rest in is C major just like November Rain (except for the coda which is is C minor)...the weird thing about most Guns songs is that they're played down half a step...so November Rain would be in B major..sounds way better in that key imo...I'm pretty sure that Axl's piano is tuned half a step down, since he always plays it in C major, but it sounds like it's in B major...also explains why Ashba had problems with the This I Love solo at first, since the piano has a weird tuning..as well as why Dizzy fucked up a couple of times

you really think that professional musicians like ashba en dizzy didn't figure that out by themself? maybe they should ask you for advice then <_<

First off figure out what? I mean the guys wrong, sure, but I don't see what you thought he was figuring?

As to ppruks it would not explain why Ashba would have had an issue with the solo, the guitars tune down as well, still playing it in the same position on the neck. Right though on the 1/2 step down, whole band, Axl's piano as well. This way he, and other keyboardists, can play comfortable C progression and not have to mess with all the black keyed sharp and flat chords.

As to the original post and Matt's statement. He wasn't in the band when ''November Rain'' was written. It was written when Axl heard "Home Sweet Home" in it's 1985 heyday on MTV, long before Appetite, or Matt. (Most of which has been said here already)

Edited by axlskAmpf

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl first played the finished version of November Rain for me in the parking lot of El Compadre on Sunset Blvd. He had a killer car stereo . Slash n Duff stayed inside drinking

And Axl was the destructive factor. :rolleyes:

OK Axl’s an egotist and at times his priority was Axl, but Duff and Slash had other priorities as well, as signified by Matt’s statement.

Matt is a liar, it`s very interesting lie about something this important. he obviously wants a reunion. I would never believe a person who actually was in GNR about whatever he might say. In reality he heard 2 different tapes, NR and Estranged, but because of a liar he is, he came up with them being in one big idea. what an asshole.

That is how he is going to get a reunion? By making up a lie about NR and Estranged? Get a clue.

I don`t remember what my point was, too drunk. But I guess I was sarcastic or something :tongue2:

Matt Sorum ...err, "Baron Von Storm" I mean, is talking out of his ass, as usual.

I don't see what it matters in this particular case, though. Who knows what he thinks he might have heard or not heard. But I agree that it would be nice if he just kept his mouth shut in general. :tongue2:

Edited by Lumikki