Slash Made In Stoke 24/7/11 - Streaming / Whole Show

Nosaj Thing

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You betcha :( - when I first heard Myles' Axl imitation kick in at 1:15 on this travesty of Civil war it made me cringe so hard that I got a crick in my neck - wtf :question: Can't he stick to the songs that he can't destroy??

Plus - no one can quite do justice to the "as popular war advances..." speech without THAT voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owXjPGosOtM

Myles was still learning all these songs then. He fucking nails that part in the Stoke performance..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TP-lS8CdfmE

+1 I was cranking the Stoke show the other day in my Jeep and Myles kicks ass on Civil War he also kills the VR stuff.............Give the man credit where credit is due he has too handle songs by a bunch of other vocalists and does a great job of it

The first time the current line up plays Civil War (sketchy video but the audio is clear), Axl nails it. Props to Myles for the effort and for covering what isn't in his range, but there is no competition with the real deal -

Edited by The Archer

I don't know what range you're talking about, because vocally a song like Civil War doesn't really stretch Myles that much. :shrugs:

I'm sure it doesn't. It'd be great to hear Myles do Jungle if Axl doesn't show up at the HOF show ;)

I always thought Slash, Izzy, Duff and Steve should get back together with a different singer and see how that turns out - obviously Myles would be a great choice

I ordered through amazon.uk

It was listed at approx. 13.99 pounds but at checkout it came up at 10.78 pounds...with shipping 13.86

I chose amazon because I've done several orders through amazon canada,usa and uk and any time there is a problem with a disc or a misssing package etc.,they are right on it and replacements are zero hassle.

REALLY glad this is region free for blu-ray...stoked to see it!

It was listed at approx. 13.99 pounds but at checkout it came up at 10.78 pounds...with shipping 13.86

I chose amazon because I've done several orders through amazon canada,usa and uk and any time there is a problem with a disc or a misssing package etc.,they are right on it and replacements are zero hassle.

Well, someone's punny. ;)

My blu-ray copy arrived yesterday from amazon.uk

Bloody brilliant!

I've never been more impressed with this band!Myles is fucking awesome in this.

The band is just blistering!

Totally impressed...very VERY cool!

Can't wait for the next cd and tour!! B)

Amazon is great, I ordered a cd from them once and the music was not what was supposed to be on it. I contacted them, they told me to send back (at their expense) Anyways long story short I recieved the good version before they even got the return back :)

They stand by the stuff they sell, never had any problems from them at all.

The bluray is steller

Myles is hugely talented, and I like his version of Guns songs (although I'll always prefer Axl).

Sounds great.

imo Slash can't really pick singers worth a damn.

From what I know of GNR history/lore it was Steven, not Slash, who was insistent about being involved with Axl musically.

Scott Weiland, by the time VR came along, was so weak vocally that the only reason they even thought for a second he was a good choice was to try and recreate "the most dangerous band in the world image" and for his celebrity status. I do like Contraband and enjoyed the live show but you can't deny his voice was, and still is, very weak compared to when he first hit the scene.

Rod Jackson, from the 2nd Snakepit album, was generic as hell and sounded black. I'm not racist but I don't think the typical "black sounding" voice works well in hard rock, especially with Slash music. I did think that 2nd Snakepit album was some of Slash's best guitar work since UYI though.

I really liked Eric Dover on the 1st Snakepit album, but that was in 1994. He hasn't worked with a good singer since!!!!

Slash's recent solo disc quickly went in the trash. Sadly Fergie's song was the only one that was listenable. Most of the singers on that album were atrocious, and the ones that weren't atrocious had shitty material to work with from the start. Musically that album is shit as are most of the vocals on it. Christ, I don't really like Santana but that Supernatural album blows Slash's solo disc out of the water. I'm comparing the 2 because Slash was obviously trying to do a hard rock version of what Santana did with Supernatural. Buckethead has a disc called "Enter The Chicken" where he tries the same concept and its one of his best albums, and all of those singers are basically no-names with the exception of Serj from SOAD.

Myles is a joke. He was a goofball in "Rockstar", his voice is generic and grating, He shaves his armpits, He reminds me of Sebastian Bach with his stupid "power rock" stances and "clap alongs" during concerts. He's a joke and I find it appalling that Slash is taking the work they do together so seriously!! Just a few days ago on his Facebook page both Slash and Myles were going off about how great their studio sessions are going!! gag me. This guy is abysmal in every way...Slash's worst pick to date.

Besides Axl, Slash really has a shitty ear for singers he decides to work with.

Edited by Danker

well don't let the door hit you on the way out :violin:

what do you mean? im gonna get banned for disliking most of Slash's singer choices for legitimate reasons? I'm not just trolling or flaming insults. I have very precise and thought out reasons for my opinions (positive or negative) on GNR members both past and present.

is it not true Myles was goofy in rock star, he shaves his pits, and he does cliche "power stances" when he performs? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Okay maybe I gave Weiland a little too much shit, because that first album and tour kicked ass, thin vocals or not.

Edited by Danker

Myles is hugely talented, and I like his version of Guns songs (although I'll always prefer Axl).

Sounds great.

imo Slash can't really pick singers worth a damn.

From what I know of GNR history/lore it was Steven, not Slash, who was insistent about being involved with Axl musically.

Scott Weiland, by the time VR came along, was so weak vocally that the only reason they even thought for a second he was a good choice was to try and recreate "the most dangerous band in the world image" and for his celebrity status. I do like Contraband and enjoyed the live show but you can't deny his voice was, and still is, very weak compared to when he first hit the scene.

Rod Jackson, from the 2nd Snakepit album, was generic as hell and sounded black. I'm not racist but I don't think the typical "black sounding" voice works well in hard rock, especially with Slash music. I did think that 2nd Snakepit album was some of Slash's best guitar work since UYI though.

I really liked Eric Dover on the 1st Snakepit album, but that was in 1994. He hasn't worked with a good singer since!!!!

Slash's recent solo disc quickly went in the trash. Sadly Fergie's song was the only one that was listenable. Most of the singers on that album were atrocious, and the ones that weren't atrocious had shitty material to work with from the start. Musically that album is shit as are most of the vocals on it. Christ, I don't really like Santana but that Supernatural album blows Slash's solo disc out of the water. I'm comparing the 2 because Slash was obviously trying to do a hard rock version of what Santana did with Supernatural. Buckethead has a disc called "Enter The Chicken" where he tries the same concept and its one of his best albums, and all of those singers are basically no-names with the exception of Serj from SOAD.

Myles is a joke. He was a goofball in "Rockstar", his voice is generic and grating, He shaves his armpits, He reminds me of Sebastian Bach with his stupid "power rock" stances and "clap alongs" during concerts. He's a joke and I find it appalling that Slash is taking the work they do together so seriously!! Just a few days ago on his Facebook page both Slash and Myles were going off about how great their studio sessions are going!! gag me. This guy is abysmal in every way...Slash's worst pick to date.

Besides Axl, Slash really has a shitty ear for singers he decides to work with.

It's a good thing that most people would consider your opionins shit. And you can group me with them. Since you don't care for Slash's choice in singers or most of his music I would suggest you find another outlet for your musical taste. In short don't let the door knob hit you in the ass on the way out!

well don't let the door hit you on the way out :violin:

Lol I just saw your post after I posted mine.

Edited by sleeper