TMS SHOW UP.

DocArunas

It was a fun little interview, nothing more and nothing less. Nice to see Axl relaxed and joking around.

The only parts I didn't care for was the response to the lateness question which was essentially "I didn't want to go on tour in 1991 and nobody cared". The other was his response to the dictator question, "oh that's just because Izzy was joking and called me Ayatollah in an interview years and years ago". Um, I don't know what alternate reality he has set up to protect his ego, but those were just silly.

But generally Axl came off well. Doing more of these would be nothing but a positive.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly. I hope it also made people realize that he's not as bitter and pissed about the old line up as he's sometimes thought of as being, he seemed pretty cool and relaxed about it which was great to see.

You don't think? It seems more to me like he was trying to put on a good face. When they asked him about the late start times he twisted it around and started blaming the old band and started whining that they didn't care about him That was pretty ridiculous since that was 20 years ago and he is still doing it..

Nothing do do with the old band but his point about preparing for a big show is like preparing for a big sporting event was dumb too.. If the kick off for the superbowl is at 7pm it is at 7pm. They don't postpone it until all the players are ready lol.

"That was 20 years ago and he is still doing it..." True but aren't the others as well? Not saying it makes it right or anything, just saying they're all doing it (except for Duff these days) the blame game and finger pointing is nothing new in GNR world.

Maybe Axl truly felt they didn't care about him? It may not have been the case but it may have been Axl's perception of things. And if management really said it would be on Axl if Slash OD'ed on heroin I can understand him being upset about that as that could never be his fault.

But yeah he didn't really give a valid response to the late starts question no but did you really expect him to? He's always dodged that question.

Exactly. I hope it also made people realize that he's not as bitter and pissed about the old line up as he's sometimes thought of as being, he seemed pretty cool and relaxed about it which was great to see.

You don't think? It seems more to me like he was trying to put on a good face. When they asked him about the late start times he twisted it around and started blaming the old band and started whining that they didn't care about him That was pretty ridiculous since that was 20 years ago and he is still doing it..

Nothing do do with the old band but his point about preparing for a big show is like preparing for a big sporting event was dumb too.. If the kick off for the superbowl is at 7pm it is at 7pm. They don't postpone it until all the players are ready lol.

"That was 20 years ago and he is still doing it..." True but aren't the others as well? Not saying it makes it right or anything, just saying they're all doing it (except for Duff these days) the blame game and finger pointing is nothing new in GNR world.

Maybe Axl truly felt they didn't care about him? It may not have been the case but it may have been Axl's perception of things. And if management really said it would be on Axl if Slash OD'ed on heroin I can understand him being upset about that as that could never be his fault.

But yeah he didn't really give a valid response to the late starts question no but did you really expect him to? He's always dodged that question.

No,you just failed to get a response you were hoping for. Peoples viewpoints vary,as do perceptions.

Got an interview but still complaining,par for the course <_<

by "he is still doing it" I meant starting the shows at ridiculously late start times. But he blames it on Slash and others for shit that happened 20 years ago.

Edited by HowlinWolf

His response to the question about being late all the time was hard to sit through... kinda made me realize he really is delusional

I don't know if I would go as far as to call him delusional, but he definately gave a rather odd response to that question

His response to the question about being late all the time was hard to sit through... kinda made me realize he really is delusional

I don't know if I would go as far as to call him delusional, but he definately gave a rather odd response to that question

"For some reason everything starts going wrong, people are making mistakes, you're making mistakes, and nobody knows why. Everybody just gets ADD"

oh, ok :rolleyes:

That's forgivable though, I understand what he's saying I just wish he was more up front and just admitted it takes HIM a long time to prepare and get in the right place to perform, instead of blaming anonymous people for their vague mistakes that just seem to happen every day of a show. Am I alone in believing this? Other than that it was a great interview and Axl was very cool, its exciting to see him out there in front of the camera for an interview like this, kinda makes you think there's more to come than just a US tour.

good interview! some parts looked like they were cut off but it wasn't too bad!

35bbms0.png

Ha! Sweet pic,although you do know it is "offensive and politically incorrect" to the "powers that be" :thumbsup:

Or also those of us who find it in bad taste to exploit the tragic death of others.

You got that right.

I suppose this would have been the album cover if Appetite was released 14 years later :crazy:

site1102.jpg

The spaghetti incident

by "he is still doing it" I meant starting the shows at ridiculously late start times. But he blames it on Slash and others for shit that happened 20 years ago.

Oh I see, I misunderstood you there, my bad.

He said "it all goes back to 1991 when we were super late getting on stage" and I just took that as him telling how it started but yeah that was then and has nothing to do with why he goes on late to this day still.

@DocArunas Thanks for the upload!

What an amazing interview to watch! Axl seems to be actually a real fun and charming guy! I really wonder why he always gets so much bad press!

I found it slow. The interviewers were treading on egg shells the whole time. There didn't seem to be an air of genuine excitement. The all too few moments of laughter, felt like brief moments of relief. DJ Ash appeared to just sit there twiddling his thumbs. Axl came across as cagey most of the time. The only time Axl appeared fine with everything were during the moments he would talk about Izzy doing his thing. Talking about things non Gn'R, ie Izzy appeared to be easy'er for Axl to discuss.

What an amazing interview to watch! Axl seems to be actually a real fun and charming guy! I really wonder why he always gets so much bad press!

I found it slow. The interviewers were treading on egg shells the whole time. There didn't seem to be an air of genuine excitement. The all too few moments of laughter, felt like brief moments of relief. DJ Ash appeared to just sit there twiddling his thumbs. Axl came across as cagey most of the time. The only time Axl appeared fine with everything were during the moments he would talk about Izzy doing his thing. Talking about things non Gn'R, ie Izzy appeared to be easy'er for Axl to discuss.

What do you expect? If Axl said one thing that could taken remotely the wrong way then its another shit storm. He didn't. Sorry to disappoint some of you..

What do you expect? If Axl said one thing that could taken remotely the wrong way then its another shit storm. He didn't. Sorry to disappoint some of you..

Exactly,how cautiously would you approach the situation,knowing every word,action,nuance and apparently jewelry were going to be microscopically.analyzed by every idiot with internet access?

People never cease to amaze me,they bitch relentlessly about promotion,exposure and PR,when it gets delivered free of charge beamed and streamed into their TVs, they continue to bitch because it didnt meet their misplaced expectations.

Yeah, Axl also enjoyed wearing a bulletproof vest in the past, I suppose that means he's a paranoid schizophrenic thinking everybody's out ta get him? :rolleyes:

axl_nwa_hat.jpg

Just to clarify,that isnt a bulletproof vest,its a catchers vest, baseball attire. :xmassrudolph:

People complain about the shows.......now they are doing three hour shows, playing up to 30 songs.

People wanted Estranged.....they added Estranged. And a new cover Riff Raff.

People complain that Axl has a gag-order on the band......must have been lifted, band is talking to media in every city.

People complain Axl never speaks......Axl sits down for a one-hour interview.

People still complain.

People complain about the shows.......now they are doing three hour shows, playing up to 30 songs.

People wanted Estranged.....they added Estranged. And a new cover Riff Raff.

People complain that Axl has a gag-order on the band......must have been lifted, band is talking to media in every city.

People complain Axl never speaks......Axl sits down for a one-hour interview.

People still complain.

Pretty accurate summation of events,a bit.exasperating to say the least.