TMS SHOW UP.

DocArunas

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to hear him speak. Still blaming everyone else for shit but whatever that's Axl.

Weird about the Duff thing - "not sure if I believe that was a coincidence" regarding Duff in the hotel room next to him. Does Axl think Duff was stalking him or something? And I would be very surprised if Duff ended up opening for Axl. Not sure he wants to take that ride.

Axl got his dance moves from Silence of Lambs, I never would have thought that's how he came up with it.

Unless he somehow mastered time travel, that's not a possibility.

Manhunter came out in 1986.I haven't watched it in a while but maybe he meant that.

Any dance moves in that?? I don't recall off hand.

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

Axl got his dance moves from Silence of Lambs, I never would have thought that's how he came up with it.

That was surely a joke on Axl’s part?

Didn’t he essentially incorporate the snake dance from another club performer into his own routine?

"the fans are very fanatical in south america"

am i the only one who thinks there is something wrong with this????

why? People are more enthusiastic and emotional down here... and it's not just with GnR. It's like that with everybody... from Iron Maiden to Black Eyed Peas.. It's a different culture, I guess.

"the fans are very fanatical in south america"

am i the only one who thinks there is something wrong with this????

why? People are more enthusiastic and emotional down here... and it's not just with GnR. It's like that with everybody... from Iron Maiden to Black Eyed Peas.. It's a different culture, I guess.

Exactly. The people in South America worship music, whereas people here are more concerned about shit that doesn't matter.

I was very, very, very underwhelmed by the whole thing. Nice to see him climb out from under the rock in terms of interviews, but it served no real purpose at all. It was an hour of, "look, we have Axl Rose sitting here finally."

Agreed.. Some of it was cool, but it was typical Axl doing the woe is me, it is everyone elses fault. His response to late starts was pretty lame. "Well back in 91 they booked a tour that I shouldn't have been on.. They were more worried about Slash overdosing.. The band didn't care about me" wahh wahh wahh.. What about the last decade? And the comment about the "Iotalah".. Nothing was taken out of context. One of his band mates did infact describe Guns N Roses as a becoming a "dictatorship".

His comments about the HOF induction were encouraging. If he was sincere about what he said, there is a possibility of the guys playing a couple songs for the fans.

I was very, very, very underwhelmed by the whole thing. Nice to see him climb out from under the rock in terms of interviews, but it served no real purpose at all. It was an hour of, "look, we have Axl Rose sitting here finally."

It was nice Ron got interviewed but he seemed kind of angry. I know he was joking around etc but just his overall mood seemed to be kind of pissed off. It seemed strange to me.

The interview was REALLY soft. No tough questions like "Why didn't you promote your album?" etc. Just weird kiss ass stuff.

Also, I would have liked it they showed more of the interview rather than making space at the end for the VERY unfunny Jim Flourentine (sp?) bit at the end on the plane. It was painful to watch.

It was nice Ron got interviewed but he seemed kind of angry. I know he was joking around etc but just his overall mood seemed to be kind of pissed off. It seemed strange to me.

The interview was REALLY soft. No tough questions like "Why didn't you promote your album?" etc. Just weird kiss ass stuff.

Also, I would have liked it they showed more of the interview rather than making space at the end for the VERY unfunny Jim Flourentine (sp?) bit at the end on the plane. It was painful to watch.

I agree with lots of opinions that the interview as a whole was very soft.

But you should realise that this is a MAJOR event, and I'd be very careful to, I mean if they pissed of Axl only a tiny bit he could have left the set very easily.

They could have asked about the possibility or not of a reunion and Axl would have just to answer something simple like: "it's not in my plans at all". They could have asked also if Axl is on talking terms with Slash and other ex-members like Matt & Gilby Clark for instance.

Then they could have asked a lot more about new songs (CD "II"), it's not really a tabu issue, since even Axl/Dexter has talked about that before here in the forum...

It was a nice ass-liking interview but it seriously missed some serious (not offensive) questions, especially for the fans. It's a shame... :shrugs:

It's pretty obvious that Bumblefoot didn't seem to want to do the interview. It was possibly the worst moment of the show. I'm sure he knows how to conduct himself, but it sure didn't seem like it. The whole thing was flat out awkward. You can see he hosts constantly pan to the cameras as if asking, "is this really happening?"

It's pretty obvious that Bumblefoot didn't seem to want to do the interview. It was possibly the worst moment of the show. I'm sure he knows how to conduct himself, but it sure didn't seem like it. The whole thing was flat out awkward. You can see he hosts constantly pan to the cameras as if asking, "is this really happening?"

Agreed. Bumble kinda came off as douche. <_<

The rest of the interview was fine.

Yeah, I was glad to see Axl getting out. He answered what was asked of him well. I like that he seems to have found a solid bond in the band in the form of DJ. He's comfortable enough to do an interview again.

It's so hard to decide if I liked the way it was done, though. I want to know the main answers: new album, new songs on tour, possible reunion, etc. But I applaud them for not going straight to those, since I imagine that's a huge reason why Axl stopped doing interviews.

Guest ben9785

Thanks for posting the interview.

As others have said, the content of the interview was not groundbreaking but it is still good to see Axl there and opening up in a relaxed mood. Also I think Trunk probably got a little bit more out of Axl than another media outlet might have, especially with the questions about CD and the new band, since other interviewers would probably have tried to turn the focus of the interview back to the past.

Just one thing... Axl talks about Chinese Democracy "I felt that the right people helped make Chinese and some of the other songs that we've done, and I think the right people are here playing them....etc"

I hope this is suggesting that there are other songs from the time of CD with Finck/Brain/Buckethead that might turn up at some point..