TMS SHOW UP.

DocArunas

Am I the only one that payed attention to the Bumble section when they were talking about a new album, sure you can't hear much of it, but it sounds like we might be getting a new album sooner then we think

:xmasssanta:

I also found it fitting we got Ron to show off the TMS theme given that he was one of the people who wrote it.

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest NewGNRnOldGNR

It wasn’t half as engaging as the 2006 interview (OK the latter went on for 3 hours).

I got the impression at times Axl was almost contemptuously glaring at the interviewers when certain aspects of the questions were a little “touchy”. Furthermore, I found it rather awkward when Axl completely shut down Dj’s compliments regarding Axl’s discipline.

His ambiguity regarding a new album and future of the “new” GN’R concept, lack of clarity in terms of his intentions regarding the Hall and reluctance to advocate his favourite present acts were all particular annoyances.

OK this is positive in terms of publicity; but we don’t know much more than pre-interview.

It wasn’t half as engaging as the 2006 interview (OK the latter went on for 3 hours).

I got the impression at times Axl was almost contemptuously glaring at the interviewers when certain aspects of the questions were a little “touchy”. Furthermore, I found it rather awkward when Axl completely shut down Dj’s compliments regarding Axl’s discipline.

His ambiguity regarding a new album and future of the “new” GN’R concept, lack of clarity in terms of his intentions regarding the Hall and reluctance to advocate his favourite present acts were all particular annoyances.

OK this is positive in terms of publicity; but we don’t know much more than pre-interview.

Or....not...

Am I the only one that payed attention to the Bumble section when they were talking about a new album, sure you can't hear much of it, but it sounds like we might be getting a new album sooner then we think

:xmasssanta:

I also found it fitting we got Ron to show off the TMS theme given that he was one of the people who wrote it.

WTF man they weren't talking, Bumble was just moving his lips and making gestures, having some fun to tease us. Nothing was being said.

I think some people continue to read way too much into some of this stuff. I highly doubt he was "glaring" at the interviewers for asking these hard-edged questions, lol. They were as softball as they come. Axl seemed a bit uncomfortable but that's to be expected, he doesn't do a lot of interviews and the tv lights can be a bit intimidating.

As for DJ's comments about discipline, Axl was very CLEARLY joking there.

I got the impression at times Axl was almost contemptuously glaring at the interviewers when certain aspects of the questions were a little “touchy”.

Yeah I noticed that. Check his expression. He's got this expression where he grits his teeth

i think that would have been the "splenda" :thumbsup:

Axl looked like he was on coke

I'm glad that I was not the only one who had that thought. He was in Miami....... and I think the correct term is Splenda....

He anwsers questions in such away.. delayed.. like he has thought of 3 (or more) anwsers complete with future consequences.

Spontaneous isn't the word :D

Edited by star

Just got a chance to watch the interview. Yeah, we didn't really learn anything new. But isn't it fucking great to see Axl on TV, in a good mood, joking and telling stories? After all the shit that's happened in the past 20 years, it's nice to see the guy like this, and as a fan, it gives me hope that this band can finally start picking things up and acting more like a normal band.

I recoreded it on my DVR and watched it earlier today.

I have to say nothing real earth shattering but interesting none the less.

I think the start times being earlier for most shows compared to usual GNR time has alot to with Bumblefoot and maybe some of the other guys working on him on this.

I did notice all the TMS Slash commericals, bet Axl didn't care to much for that. I am NOT saying there is anything wrong with that they have a TV show to promote but in Axl's eye's it could be taken as a slap in the face unless he is over it which I doubt.

Edited by bigcountry

Guys someone else brought this up and would be important to take into consideration.

Appetite for Destruction was the name of the postcard showing the rape scene, if they used the Explosion the title would have been something else I would imagine

cool idea though

Guys someone else brought this up and would be important to take into consideration.

Appetite for Destruction was the name of the postcard showing the rape scene, if they used the Explosion the title would have been something else I would imagine

cool idea though

If im not mistaken, The postcard was already in possession,when the Challenger cover was proposed.and shot down by D.G.

The title could still have been AFD,the challenger was destruction in action.

I will refrain from my NASA and Challenger jokes. How do you feel about the original concept of Sweet Child?

good interview! some parts looked like they were cut off but it wasn't too bad!

35bbms0.png

Ha! Sweet pic,although you do know it is "offensive and politically incorrect" to the "powers that be" :thumbsup:

Or also those of us who find it in bad taste to exploit the tragic death of others.

You got that right.

I suppose this would have been the album cover if Appetite was released 14 years later :crazy:

site1102.jpg

Edited by The Linguini Occurrence

What`s the original concept of Sweet Child Video? :unsure:

cool idea though

If im not mistaken, The postcard was already in possession,when the Challenger cover was proposed.and shot down by D.G.

I will refrain from my NASA and Challenger jokes. How do you feel about the original concept of Sweet Child?

cool idea though

To answer the question,the original concept was showing an oriental woman travelling with her baby,who was wrapped in a blanket.Video followed her going thru customs,and throughout their journey.

The ending was when she arrived at her destination,they unwrapped the baby,it was dead.When they cut it open,it was packaged full of heroin. The studio nixxed that pronto.

Am paraphrasing the Trunk radio show

Sorry to get off topic guys ;)

I agree to an extent. But Axl's always had a dark sense of humor. Remember the proposed "Sweet Child O Mine" treatment with a mother handling a heroin baby through the airport? Or "Pretty Tied Up", "Silkworms", the Charles Manson cover, etc.

Exactly,sometimes the aversion to death,and dark subjects is taboo,and then sometimes its their fear that is keeping them hostage. Throwing it in their face leads them to actually contemplate their fears,so they become pious and holier-than-thou.

A dark sense of humor is a coping mechanism,i used to know this Ambulence driver. He told some of the most lucid,disturbing stories I ever heard,but he coped with it by employing Dark Humor. Wont derail this thread,but Ill post some in Anything goes if the site admins ok it.

cool idea though

To answer the question,the original concept was showing an oriental woman travelling with her baby,who was wrapped in a blanket.Video followed her going thru customs,and throughout their journey.

The ending was when she arrived at her destination,they unwrapped the baby,it was dead.When they cut it open,it was packaged full of heroin. The studio nixxed that pronto.

Thank`s for the answer. I didnt know that.

cool idea though

Thank`s for the answer. I didnt know that.

Anytime man,have a great night :thumbsup: