Chicago, Illinois - 11 - 15 - 2011 Setlist, Pictures, Video etc.

tsunta

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess I am the minority disappointed in the show

I saw them in 2002 and 2006 and in Rosemont on Tuesday

I doubt I will be seeing them again

I guess it was good in 2002 and 2006 because I was seeing my favorite band

But now I am sick of all the covers, the solos and the many Chinese Democracy songs

I do not mind some solos, some covers and some Chinese Democracy

But when it seems the concert is focused on that, and the "old" GNR songs is almost a gift, it gets old

Did not seem the concert had a good flow to it

But now I am sick of all the covers, the solos and the many Chinese Democracy songs

But when it seems the concert is focused on that, and the "old" GNR songs is almost a gift, it gets old

I guess you might be.

What songs did you miss?

You got November Rain, Don't Cry, and Estranged. You wouldn't have gotten that in 2002 or 2006.

They didn't do My Michelle.

And in 1992 you could have gotten Wild Horses or Attitude. Matt had a drum solo and Slash did the Godfather theme. I don't get where the backlash against covers and solos comes from.

I guess you might be.

What songs did you miss?

You got November Rain, Don't Cry, and Estranged. You wouldn't have gotten that in 2002 or 2006.

And in 1992 you could have gotten Wild Horses or Attitude. Matt had a drum solo and Slash did the Godfather theme. I don't get where the backlash against covers and solos comes from.

I'd say the other thousands of people disagreed with k12's assessment as well.

Oops, I reposted it.

As far as posting it elsewhere is obviously what I meant. We all know if you post a picture of yourself with Axl it'll get thrown all over the internet. And that's exactly what I don't want. So I released a watermarked image.

Edited by Rose Cooper

I can't argue with you on the covers, but your other two complaints are silly.

Solos are a necessary part of any nearly-3-hour-long show, it gives the lead singer time to rest. I have never been to a concert where there WASN'T solos, do you really expect Axl to sing 32 straight songs nonstop? Unless you want it to be a 80-minute performance or have intermissions, accept the solos as a small price to pay for a long, kickass concert. They also give fans a great opportunity to hit the restroom or concession stands without missing a song :thumbsup:

As for the too many Chinese Democracy songs, do you know the name of the tour? Do you know which album the tour is in support of? If you don't like the 'new' songs that's fine, but don't go see the Chinese Democracy tour and then complain about the Chinese Democracy songs - that's the definition of insanity.

I'll take James Bond and Pink Panther over Matt's 10 minute drums solos any day. Did people never see or watch old GNR shows? There was probably the same amount of solo time, except they would be combined into a giant chunk instead of smaller ones. Slash would do The Godfather for 3-4 minutes, and then a 17 minute blues jam. Then Matt's never ending drum solo. There would be a solid half hour devoted to Slash and Matt's solos/jams. The solo argument is a terrible one, because that's been going on since 1987. 15 minute versions of Rocket Queen that have extended Stevie solos and Slash solos right in the middle of the song. Duff doing Attitude at just about every show in 1991-1993. The 16 minute KOHD with REGGGGGGAEEEE.

It's been a part of every tour since they hit it big. It's a dumb thing to attribute it to this group when EVERY version of the band has done it. Robin and Bucket had multiple solo spots, Slash had multiple solo spots, Richard/Ron/DJ have one each. There is probably less time devoted to indvidual solo spots than there were in 2002 and 2006.

I'll take James Bond and Pink Panther over Matt's 10 minute drums solos any day. Did people never see or watch old GNR shows? There was probably the same amount of solo time, except they would be combined into a giant chunk instead of smaller ones. Slash would do The Godfather for 3-4 minutes, and then a 17 minute blues jam. Then Matt's never ending drum solo. There would be a solid half hour devoted to Slash and Matt's solos/jams. The solo argument is a terrible one, because that's been going on since 1987. 15 minute versions of Rocket Queen that have extended Stevie solos and Slash solos right in the middle of the song. Duff doing Attitude at just about every show in 1991-1993. The 16 minute KOHD with REGGGGGGAEEEE.

It's been a part of every tour since they hit it big. It's a dumb thing to attribute it to this group when EVERY version of the band has done it. Robin and Bucket had multiple solo spots, Slash had multiple solo spots, Richard/Ron/DJ have one each. There is probably less time devoted to indvidual solo spots than there were in 2002 and 2006.

this

Love watching the killer pro shot u tubes from this show---IMHO best show since 92 (rosemont horizon---they played COMA in 92) anyone notice DJ throwing his guitar on the pyros at the end of the show-----his guitar took serious damage from what I think I saw...KILLER !!!!!-----best vocals from Axl since the 90's IMHO..... I was in sec 110 1st row

I guess you might be.

What songs did you miss?

maybe you are right, like I said, I am not really a fan of the covers(including Knockin) and most of the Chinese Democracy songs

Guess I was hoping if they are gonna play a 25 song set the overwhelming majority would have been "old" GNR

and I am pretty sure November Rain was part of the 2002 and 2006 shows

Oops, I reposted it.

As far as posting it elsewhere is obviously what I meant. We all know if you post a picture of yourself with Axl it'll get thrown all over the internet. And that's exactly what I don't want. So I released a watermarked image.

That's not really a watermark, and that picture looks really douchey now.

I guess you might be.

What songs did you miss?

maybe you are right, like I said, I am not really a fan of the covers(including Knockin) and most of the Chinese Democracy songs

Guess I was hoping if they are gonna play a 25 song set the overwhelming majority would have been "old" GNR

and I am pretty sure November Rain was part of the 2002 and 2006 shows

Indeed, but the other two weren't.

Sure, I'd like more songs. But I liked what I had. I wouldn't take any of them out. (well, maybe LALD...)

Popped the most for Shacklers.

And Madagascar was my favorite part.

...and I SHOULD be amped for Estranged. I kept 'wanting it' EVERY tour.

It's hard to know what hits you in the moment at a concert.

• 4 weeks later...