Chicago, Illinois - 11 - 15 - 2011 Setlist, Pictures, Video etc.

tsunta

I got dead center in front of Axl's center ramp, just behind a girl so not quite on the rail ,but perfect view. Out of all the 02 and 06 shows I went too this was by far the best. Got some good pics and vids to post later. Ron was awesome, I asked him about Oh My God and he told me to talk to Axl, haha.

Mayhaps that was me. Were you the one that sang your heart out to every song... fought a woman for a drumstick?

Haha, Yeah that was you and that was me! Still picking splinters outta my hand!... and sorry ya had to endure my "singing", lol.

Haha, awesome! I loved the singing - could obviously tell you were a huge fan. B) Did you end up getting the drumstick? I was rootin' for ya.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got dead center in front of Axl's center ramp, just behind a girl so not quite on the rail ,but perfect view. Out of all the 02 and 06 shows I went too this was by far the best. Got some good pics and vids to post later. Ron was awesome, I asked him about Oh My God and he told me to talk to Axl, haha.

Mayhaps that was me. Were you the one that sang your heart out to every song... fought a woman for a drumstick?

Haha, Yeah that was you and that was me! Still picking splinters outta my hand!... and sorry ya had to endure my "singing", lol.

Haha, awesome! I loved the singing - could obviously tell you were a huge fan. B) Did you end up getting the drumstick? I was rootin' for ya.

Thanks! Nahh, that lady was freakin strong!! I was trying to let go but other people were tryin to help me and my hand got trapped. We were around pretty cool people tho. Ran into Jarmo after the show and tried to get passes, bust on that too.. Ron asking us to play his guitar was pretty sweet!

Thanks! Nahh, that lady was freakin strong!! I was trying to let go but other people were tryin to help me and my hand got trapped. We were around pretty cool people tho. Ran into Jarmo after the show and tried to get passes, bust on that too.. Ron asking us to play his guitar was pretty sweet!

Haha, bummer. She did look rather strong. But yes - I'd say overall it was an amazing night! Until next time...

I'm bringing the inflatable dolphin. Found one in a gas station a month or so back on the way to Champaign. I offered the guy a dollar. I wasn't sure why I bought it ...... until now! We'll be on the right side of the stage, hopefully close enough to get the dolphin onto the stage. We last saw GNR in 2010 in Bogota, Colombia, and it was the best show I've ever seen. Can't wait to see them tonight!!

only dolphin I saw was on the screens ?thumbsdown.gif

Haha, bummer. She did look rather strong. But yes - I'd say overall it was an amazing night! Until next time...

Didn't realize you still came around these parts!

Sounds like a hell of a show. Real pissed the scheduling is working out like it has. I'll just have to wait til next time...

Thinking I might catch the Vegas NYE show, so might not be long...

You were the one BBF was talking too during his solo? Hahahaha I was wondering what he was saying.

@The Catcher in the Rye

Awesome quality both sound and audio! What cell phone / camera did you use?

That's what I'd like to know. I have a Galaxy SII which is a pretty high end phone. It takes AWESOME video but sound at concerts has been terrible so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

@The Catcher in the Rye

Awesome quality both sound and audio! What cell phone / camera did you use?

That's what I'd like to know. I have a Galaxy SII which is a pretty high end phone. It takes AWESOME video but sound at concerts has been terrible so far. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

really I don't know :( I only found this videos at youtube :/ the quality is awesome :krider:

would be good ask to cameraman

You were the one BBF was talking too during his solo? Hahahaha I was wondering what he was saying.

First time he told me I had to talk to Axl about Oh My God... During his solo he apologized because he drank to much of DJs jager and was having trouble remembering the solo and he thought his guitar was malfuctioning (joking) and and thanked us for waiting all day to get up front and giving up our chance to get drunk with him, finally he said he rememberd the solo and he started... That was the gist of it. Ron, DJ, and Axl interacted with the front row quite a bit.... Axl was smiling a lot, I think he was really happy with the turn out and energy of the crowd.

Edited by chester

Fun moment: During KOHD, DJ is on the edge of the platform (he's always standing on the edge of something, he's never flat footed...), and Axl puts his hand on his back like he's going to push him over.

Hilarious and DJ may have been startled.

Front row FTW.

First time he told me I had to talk to Axl about Oh My God... During his solo he apologized because he drank to much of DJs jager and was having trouble remembering the solo and he thought his guitar was malfuctioning (joking) and and thanked us for waiting all day to get up front and giving up our chance to get drunk with him, finally he said he rememberd the solo and he started... That was the gist of it. Ron, DJ, and Axl interacted with the front row quite a bit.... Axl was smiling a lot, I think he was really happy with the turn out and energy of the crowd.

Yeah, Axl seemed really happy. He briefly joked about how it was nice to play to "a full house" and how that was a good thing.

Yeah, Axl seemed really happy. He briefly joked about how it was nice to play to "a full house" and how that was a good thing.

Making out what he said a few times was hard for me to do - do you remember when in the show he said this?

Trying to find those crowd interactions on YouTube

Making out what he said a few times was hard for me to do - do you remember when in the show he said this?

Trying to find those crowd interactions on YouTube

It was in the middle of the show, can't pin-point exactly when. I'm paraphrasing, but it was something like "Looks like we have a full house tonight. (Laughs) That's a good thing."

Didn't realize you still came around these parts!

Sounds like a hell of a show. Real pissed the scheduling is working out like it has. I'll just have to wait til next time...

Only for special occasions, Seth. :tongue2: That sucks you couldn't make it to the show!