New Years Eve VEGAS!

Snowmass

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL any thought about when they'd go on? Midnight?

It's New Years Eve... who goes to bed early? Having said that, I'm sure we're looking at a late start for this show.

Who isn't planning to party all night long,its NYE!!

Exactly rock3

Sooo ... Nobody driving from San Diego/Orange County/LA-area who'd be willing to take me along?

Estranged I might be able to work something out with you....I live up by Lancaster, however I might be in Phoenix for Christmas, and drive straight to LV from there. But if I come home first, I'd give you a ride if you could get to Lancaster. Haven't even bought tickets yet though so this is all a little premature

Yeah,if things work out and you end up driving straight from Phoenix to Vegas,definitely let me know.I'm on the way.I don't even know the situation with hotels,but I'm pretty sure at this point we'd either not get anything or it'd be ridiculously expensive.Good thing about Vegas,though .. Ya don't have to sleep.Anyways,let me know as soon as you know what your plans are.Thanks! :)

IMPORTANT: Okay,so I live in Orange County,and with nobody to go with and no way to get up there,I went ahead and bought 1 GA ticket today for the Vegas show.Now,I ask you,anyone ... Is anybody willing to let me tag along??? I can provide money towards gas,a room,whatever.I just REALLY want to see this show and would hate to just end up selling my ticket.But if thats the case,and I cant go with anyone,ya think I'll have trouble selling it on the forum?? I'd only charge what I paid,which was like,$113.00 in total.If anybodys interested in an extra person taggin along,please let me know A.S.A.P. Thanks!!

P.S. Just so ya know I'm not like,some psycho,I can give ya my Facebook page link.I'm nice,and have been a die hard GNR fan since I was 11 - I'm 31 now.Haven't seen the band since 2006.

This is me - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1005420877

FYI My son told me that driving out to Vegas on Hwy 15 sucks on the weekends. The (normally) 4 hour trip turns into 8 hours due to traffic. He recommends doing the trip on Thursday or super early Friday then returning on Monday. He suggested a couple of empty jugs too cause there's no bathrooms along the way. Doesn't do me any good I don't have a hose <_<

Once again I'm going that way but can't promise what days or nothing. Time off at work is like pulling teeth.

Edited by tryinharder

IMPORTANT: Okay,so I live in Orange County,and with nobody to go with and no way to get up there,I went ahead and bought 1 GA ticket today for the Vegas show.Now,I ask you,anyone ... Is anybody willing to let me tag along??? I can provide money towards gas,a room,whatever.I just REALLY want to see this show and would hate to just end up selling my ticket.But if thats the case,and I cant go with anyone,ya think I'll have trouble selling it on the forum?? I'd only charge what I paid,which was like,$113.00 in total.If anybodys interested in an extra person taggin along,please let me know A.S.A.P. Thanks!!

P.S. Just so ya know I'm not like,some psycho,I can give ya my Facebook page link.I'm nice,and have been a die hard GNR fan since I was 11 - I'm 31 now.Haven't seen the band since 2006.

FYI My son told me that driving out to Vegas on Hwy 15 sucks on the weekends. The (normally) 4 hour trip turns into 8 hours due to traffic. He recommends doing the trip on Thursday or super early Friday then returning on Monday. He suggested a couple of empty jugs too cause there's no bathrooms along the way. Doesn't do me any good I don't have a hose <_<

Once again I'm going that way but can't promise what days or nothing. Time off at work is like pulling teeth.

That's very un-true. There are plenty of places to stop a long the way...but the traffic thing is dead on, if I go, I'll be leaving from the LA area and will probably do the early friday/come back monday thing. I know people who have gone on holiday weekends and coming back the next day it took them 12 hours in stead of 4, insane.

Edited by Stiff Competition

im so stoked for this show. I have my ticket and will traveling from Phoenix, possibly flying. Just checking to see if any other GNR fans from Phoenix are goin to the show and thinkin about makin the drive. Id be interested in a carpool type situation maybe. Goin to the show with my brother DrBrownstone, but we may or may not be travelin to the show together. If anyone else from Phoenix area is goin to the show and is interested in doin a carpool maybe, let me know

That's very un-true. There are plenty of places to stop a long the way...but the traffic thing is dead on, if I go, I'll be leaving from the LA area and will probably do the early friday/come back monday thing. I know people who have gone on holiday weekends and coming back the next day it took them 12 hours in stead of 4, insane.

Stiff Competition - Whats up,Dude? I dont know if you remember me,but I sold you some Slash clippings a while back and you sold me your ticket stub for The 2006 Gibson Amphitheatre show.Then we met again at the CD listening party at the Roxy.Anyways,do you plan on going? If so,how you guys getting there?

im so stoked for this show. I have my ticket and will traveling from Phoenix, possibly flying. Just checking to see if any other GNR fans from Phoenix are goin to the show and thinkin about makin the drive. Id be interested in a carpool type situation maybe. Goin to the show with my brother DrBrownstone, but we may or may not be travelin to the show together. If anyone else from Phoenix area is goin to the show and is interested in doin a carpool maybe, let me know

Well,I don't drive or anything,but if it's money towards gas/a hotel room ya need,I'd be interested.If your in Phoenix,you'd be passing through LA,right? I'm in Orange County.Let me know.Thanks.

Going from Phoenix to Vegas, you do not pass through LA. You go north. The only way something would work with us is if I am back in California before the 31st, which I'll probably still be in Arizona, so most likely I won't be able to help you out. I would imagine that there's more people from the LA area going to the Vegas show though. If you can't find someone on here, I'd check craigslist, there's a section for carpooling.

Of all the shows to attend in the past 2 years, this would be at the top of the list for me (even though Sydney was OFF THE HOOK)

have fun to those who are going, I envy you, no doubt Axl will be dropping some surprises that night!

Holy shit! I was secretely hoping they would play the Joint, but did not expect it to happen at all. This is amazing. Saw them there in 2006, and it was a very intimate setting. Small place. I can't wait!

I was at the one of the 06 shows at the Joint too and it was great, but the show in Houston 2 weeks ago was even better. The Joint has expanded since the 06 show, it's quite a bit larger now but is still probably the smallest venue on this tour (holds 4K or so).

Edited by therock

Stiff Competition - Whats up,Dude? I dont know if you remember me,but I sold you some Slash clippings a while back and you sold me your ticket stub for The 2006 Gibson Amphitheatre show.Then we met again at the CD listening party at the Roxy.Anyways,do you plan on going? If so,how you guys getting there?

as of now, I don't plan on going. I don't feel like spending the cash on a hotel room (when I do Vegas, I like to stay at nice hotels) and the traffic will be irritating as will the generally overcrowded strip.

L.A. will be good enough for me this time around.

axls is sweat? Is that like, a response to a question? Like "What's each band members worst physical characteristic?" "Bumblefoot's is his breath, Axl's is sweat."