What do you hope CD II sounds like?

ITW 2012

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, Ron improves every one of Bucket's solos live

I completely disagree with you, and I know you said all of them, but just out of curiosity, which specific Bucket solos do you think he really improves?

Edited by ITW 2012

I completely disagree with you, and I know you said all of them, but just out of curiosity, which specific Bucket solos do you think he really improves?

TWAT specifically, that was the one that made me like Ron more than Bucket because it is my favorite Bucket solo. Then I think the whole of CD (The song.) sounds better. I also like Ron's Nightrain solo a lot better. The rest he matches or exceeds, but those are my favorites.

TWAT specifically, that was the one that made me like Ron more than Bucket because it is my favorite Bucket solo. Then I think the whole of CD (The song.) sounds better. I also like Ron's Nightrain solo a lot better. The rest he matches or exceeds, but those are my favorites.

You do realize that being able to cover someone elses solos well in no way says anything about your own ability to create an original epic solo don't you?

Covering a solo is easy, coming up with a solo on your own that is worth covering is what separates the men from the boys.

You do realize that being able to cover someone elses solos well in no way says anything about your own ability to create an original epic solo don't you?

Covering a solo is easy, coming up with a solo on your own that is worth covering is what separates the men from the boys.

I do know that perfectly well, thank you. In addition to his improved covers, I like a lot of Ron's solo stuff better than Bucket's. I haven't heard Bucket match Guitars Still Suck anywhere.

Next.

I wouldn't mind if the production is similar to CD. We have all this technology for music why not use it? The whole raw recording phase ended 10 years ago, even indie bands are putting more money into their work. It felt just right for CD. I love AFD and UYI as much as anyone, but you can't just recreate old albums, you need to evolve. I don't think they will go full on electronic but the industrial elements will still be there. I think they have everything down, they might just record a lot of tracks with Bumblefoot, DJ and Frank. I think they want to put the Buckethead, Brain and Finck days behind them.

Radiohead doesn't even bother to release music for commercial reasons. I am pretty sure Bumblefoot releases his music either for free or dirt cheap. I think their best source of income comes from touring.

Definitely think some of the concert goers might end up buying CDs. I think the tour has made a lot of people believers. Axl wanted so much for people to have respect for the new band members and I think they finally got it.

Edited by BirdCatcher

Axl will always have markets in Europe, and Latin America. Especially with that sweet GN'R name pretending his efforts. In the US, people care exclusively about the hits- not new music. Be it good/ bad- that's how it is.

I think even if the original band reunited, that record would push maybe 300,000 total. Music really is dead in America/ New Rome.

Axl will always have markets in Europe, and Latin America. Especially with that sweet GN'R name pretending his efforts. In the US, people care exclusively about the hits- not new music. Be it good/ bad- that's how it is.

I think even if the original band reunited, that record would push maybe 300,000 total. Music really is dead in America/ New Rome.

The problem is that even if there is a reunion with the AFD lineup the band will be considered uncool by today's standards. I don't think they will be any different from Slash's solo album, VR and CD. The only people who bother to buy CD's are those with enough money left over in their budget to spend over $10.

I originally had a longer post but my cat randomly decided to jump on my laptop causing it to go into impact mode and deleted my long ass post.

Edited by BirdCatcher

I think they will be more focused on a hit than the previous effort IF there with the record company still.

They were focused on hits with their last effort, why else would they record the entire album with virtually no swearing? I think several songs could have been hits if they were promoted well.

Swearing is for people with limited vocabulary like me. If you can write a good song without any swearing then that is an achievement. Besides I don't remember any hits off CD since all three singles were released unnoticed. Unless there weren't any to begin with and wikipedia lied.

Edited by BirdCatcher