CM Punk mentions Axl in interview

jonah

WWE's CM Punk mentions Axl while he is discussing Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson.

“It’s a big news story that he came back, absolutely. I think he even tweeted me one time saying something like, ‘The Rock in the main event makes more money than CM Punk could in a lifetime,’ which is obviously a fallacy. That ultimately is where I have the problem with Dwayne. He lives in a fantasy world. No matter if I like or hate whoever I’m working with, I say, ‘hello,’ to them. I fraternize with them. It’s a brotherhood backstage. I’m with these people more than I’m with my little sisters and my family. I just don’t appreciate going from limo to dressing room, from dressing room to the ring and not saying ‘hi’ to any of the boys.

“That’s what he does. I was just at a Guns N’ Roses show backstage in Chicago and that’s exactly what Axl Rose does and Axl’s a lot cooler than Dwayne. Part of me gets it but for anybody who wants to say I have a bad attitude or a chip on my shoulder about it – absolutely. I think anybody should. There are guys in that locker room that bust their ass and there are guys that should be in the main event at WrestleMania. Eventually it will happen for everybody as long as you’re passionate about it. I’m passionate about. Yeah, it pisses me off.”

Here's the link

My link

Big difference between a colleague in the same line of work you do, and being invited as a guest to a concert. Some people don't want anyone backstage except people working on the show. And I don't think Rock's made great movies, at least yet. The one idea he mentioned about the king of Hawaii sounds like it would be a good one though.

The wrestling biz are really worried about MMA taking their audience, I know Billy Corgan got involved in making his own franchise, but McMahon will prob. just buy it out from him in a few years.

I lost interest in wrestling a long time ago. The stars of today aint what they used to be. In the late 80's/early 90's, guys like Macho Man were real-life superheroes. The guys today just dont have that appeal. Mind you, I guess its all relative, I'm sure the kids of today still dig it.

Speaking of Warrior, I always wondered what happened to him. Then I saw one of his vidoes on youtube recently, facepaint on, black n white, just looking into the camera. Very weird,,,,.... but you gotta give ti to him. The guy still looks in some shape for his age. Obviously very dedicated to what he does

LA

Not sure what he's trying to do but he seems to have gone mad lol Still in great shape but can't tell if he have a classic steroid bitch-tits

The only thing I liked about the Ultimate Warrior is his entrance music and playing his character in the Tag-Team/Royal Rumble arcade game. Best wrestling game ever!

CM Punk is over, but he'll never be on the same level as The Rock. Warrior is nuts, he was smart though, saved his money and moved out in the middle of nowhere and doesn't have to do shit anymore. I actually thought I read he was teaming up with Adler on some music project.

Eh, I don't really think Punk said anything we didn't already know. Axl does things on his own terms and never really has been an outgoing/engaging person. He doesn't get to the arena the same time as the rest of the band, doesn't do soundcheck, never really hangs out after the show, etc. He's not taking a shot at Axl. All he's saying is that it's kind of a prima dona attitude that you have to earn to act that way.

As for The Rock - I love CM Punk and think he's the best thing to happen to wrestling in a long ass time, but I disagree with him on this. He has to understand the backstage culture and everything is different now compared to when The Rock was there. He has no connection to anybody backstage in the dressing room. I don't think other wrestlers would really appreciate it if The Rock started talking and acting like he's one of the boys when he's only around one week at a time nowadays. He's damned if he does and damned if he doesn't.