So I think this band could rock the shit out of Breakdown live

tippin

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know Axl never liked to play it live, but it's my 2nd favorite GNR song of all time (behind Estranged)..Anyone agree that they could kill it live? I know it's not gonna happen, but it would be AMAZING!

I'd LOVE to hear Breakdown again.

breakdown? Wtf?

Have they EVER played that sing live? And it has to be the GNR song that I have listened to least. I always skip over Shotgun Blues and Breakdown.

Wow, Breakdown is an awesome song, dude! I always skip Shotgun Blues tho...

They have MANY songs to play prior to Breakdown

CIVIL WAR

YESTERDAYS

TWAT

CATCHER

PRETTY TIED UP

LOCOMOTIVE

THINK ABOUT YOU

PROSTITUTE

ITW

They's played Catcher, prostitute and twat at some point since 2006, haven't they?

But, no Civil War and that's a shame :shrugs: because this band with Axl in current form, would just kill it.

Get in the Ring could've been such a cool song. I love the guitar in the beginning. Shame the song took the turn it did. Whoever suggested that rant to Axl oughta be shot.

Axl could still sing it keeping Mick Wall and including new names like Azoff :tongue2: but then, that would turn into another vicious cycle..... :rolleyes:

Shotgun > Breakdown.

I like Shotgun Blues, too, but whoa. O_o Or do you mean in terms of live feasibility?

I mean Shotgun is a more enjoyable song for me. That said, my likings tend to change from time to time. But Breakdown is a mess to me. There are some good solos but other than that, I don't find it appealing.

Yeah, when I first started listening to it, I thought it was a Southern mess, but my opinion changed after a lot of listens for some reason. I think the rhythm can throw people off, and it has a lot going on.

Shotgun Blues is underrated.