GH: RE-ENTRY Billboard 200

wkuk04

People whinge about the tracklist, but I think if you were going to cronicle the rise and fall of GNR, then that tracklist is about right. Sure its missing Estranged, but on a single CD it would take a good portion of it. At worst Id swap LALD or KOHD for ISE or Nightrain.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

The first Greatest Hits was shit.

how so? it had their Greatest Hits. It delivers what was advertised.

There are at least 4 or 5 songs that just don't belong there.

They should've made a Best Of instead of a Greatest Hits.

EDIT: And ''shit'' was a bit over the top. But they could've picked better songs.

Edited by UcudBmineCD

I get the whole "greatest hits" concept. But having no Nightrain or Estranged sucked. Way more significant than the spaghetti stuff or the sympathy cover.

Indeed. What would have suited Guns better is a "Best Of" rather than a "Greatest Hits" because the latter implies hits only so you miss out on some great songs. The problem with the album as it is now is that there are too many covers. What is it, like five or six tracks on it?

They belong there because they are their Greatest Hits.

A Best Of is a different story altogether. That one would most likely be 2 discs.

EDIT: And ''shit'' was a bit over the top. But they could've picked better songs.

I know you didn't mean it literally,I would have altered the tracklist a bit too :)

There was suppose to be a Greatest Hits Vol. Two.

but they couldn't find any?

Well no Geffen decided to focus their energy on Chinese Democracy. It was suppose to come out in 2006. I am sure the joint Axl/Slash/Duff lawsuit over GH did not help.

Vol. II could have had It's so Easy, Nightrain, The Garden, Estranged, Hair of the Dog, maybe even Oh My God, Chinese Democracy, Better and SOD if released today.

Those are it for the singles of course.

Edit: Dead Horse too.

Edit: Mr. Brownstone, My Michelle, Rocket Queen..

Edited by BirdCatcher

Good and now if only fans can actually buy CD it would be up there as well....but i heard it is nowhere to be found in the US?

For example, I bought all 6 CDs through ebay. People also can do that if they can't find where to buy.

Not sure why people are hung up about CD being so hard to fine, look for it through online retailers.

Well no Geffen decided to focus their energy on Chinese Democracy. It was suppose to come out in 2006. I am sure the joint Axl/Slash/Duff lawsuit over GH did not help.

Vol. II could have had It's so Easy, Nightrain, The Garden, Estranged, Hair of the Dog, maybe even Oh My God, Chinese Democracy, Better and SOD if released today.

But the title isn't the Singles Collection, it's Greatest Hits, none of those are.

Good and now if only fans can actually buy CD it would be up there as well....but i heard it is nowhere to be found in the US?

looks like best buy doesn't carry it.

on the other hand there are some on ebay like this deal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Guns-N-Roses-Chinese-Democracy-CD-/400269469028?pt=Music_CDs&hash=item5d31eb6564

must be counterfeit

looks like best buy doesn't carry it.

on the other hand there are some on ebay like this deal

http://www.ebay.com/...=item5d31eb6564

must be counterfeit

wouldnt surprise me but i have gotten some sweet deals on ebay for music.

But the title isn't the Singles Collection, it's Greatest Hits, none of those are.

Was Ain't it Fun a hit?