Las Vegas 31-12-2001

bumblecool

How did someone get those pics with Axl's copyright on them? Remember in the chats Axl talked about some photographer that he had take pics for GNR for years and the guy was holding him up for money or something?

Those shots were taken by Robert John.

Good to know.

How did someone get those pics with Axl's copyright on them? Remember in the chats Axl talked about some photographer that he had take pics for GNR for years and the guy was holding him up for money or something? It's amazing how age hits people all at once some times. It's as if the Axl there is almost the exact same that stepped off the stage in Argentina in 1993. Then you see him in 2006 looking just as lean , only with different hair. Then only 4 years later he really looks like his age has caught up with him in between the last couple of tours. Still sings the fuck out of the material live and still looks good for his age, but after seeing these pics, it just made me think about that.

http://robertjohnphotography.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67&Itemid=74

Amazing pics!!!! But this is my absolute least favorite version of GN'R.

Why's that? Not judging you or anything, just curious. What are your favorites?

Got to say I agree with 31illusion. The 00-02 version of the band was obviously a pretty amazing creative force (i.e. Chinese Democracy)- but I think they left something to be desired as a "live" entity- eventhough they could play the old material quite well. There seemed to be very little chemistry or inter-relation between the various members- save whatever Buckethead and Brain had going on. I also thought the fan-bandmember interaction was much "frostier" as well (which is probably everyones' faults). Finally- Axl's voice wasn't where it needed to be on any kind of consistent basis and there was just something about him during that time period IMHO that came across as much more erratic and less confident than 2006-07 and certainly 2009-present.

Anyway- not sure if the current band could come up with something as masterful as Chinese Democracy- but to me they are light years ahead of the 2000-2002 band in terms of on-stage chemistry, crowd interaction and just overall embracing all things "Guns N' Roses" (new and old). Axl seems in a much better space too- and that's huge obviously...

All that being said... GREAT pictures of an interesting time in GN'R history... :thumbsup:

Edited by AXL_N_DIZZY

I was at the 12/29 show, and these pics make it seem like yesterday. Saw them last month in Chicago and the different attitude and "soul" of the band is a lot different now - for the better IMO. Thanks for posting these, that was a fun night in Vegas!

Amazing pics!!!! But this is my absolute least favorite version of GN'R.

Why's that? Not judging you or anything, just curious. What are your favorites?

Well, we're talking about the first shows from the Nugnr right? It was an akward time for Axl. It wasn't even really a band,

just a bunch of hired people I never heard of. Robin's look was so.....Marilyn Manson? Bucketheads look didn't help the issue.

There was no cohesiveness in these guys, It was new ground for all of them. they were still trying to figure out what kinda

band they were supossed to be and how the fans would accept them. Now the band is a solid group and they've had enough

time on tour to mesh well with each other. The addition of DJ has reall kicked them up a notch and they're sounding great.