December 5th has been cancelled

gnrfan20

"production issues" is a little on vague side. It's probably low ticket sales. It's not an unheard of thing for a band (or any form of entertainment) to cancel a show if too few tickets are sold. The pictures and videos have shown alot of empty seats. At the show I went to, the venue was about 50% full.

BTW, people posting on a forum and repeating the same thing is not something I'd consider a source. So, to say it's been said 100 times is meaningless.

Check the website and count any many tickets are left. I believe over 80% of them are sold. Or just listen to gunsguy our inside man.

Pulling shit out of your own ass is not something I'd consider a source.

Edited by BirdCatcher

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off don't get me wrong I wish they would have done the show!!!! And it may very well been production issues with the venue but what tickets I could get earlier today makes me wonder????

I was checking for 3 tickets together

All price levels show the closest to the stage tickets they have for sale

Lower level FULL price you could get section 118 Row M which is one section off the stage I got this section when I ordered when tickets first went on sale to the public!!!!!!!

Lower level Discounted price 117 Row D

Lower Level in the back of the arean section 115 Row L

Upper level full price Section 206 Row C I believe

Upper level reduced price Section 215 Row D if I remeber correct

Ga Floor Full price Availible

Look at the seating chart below... You can see that sales where really bad

GUNSNROSES.jpg

Edited by bigcountry

You'd think any production issues would be sorted before they put the tickets on sale..

Scrubs like's this post.. wanna know why? Because this Aussie isn't oblivious. Who here thinks that the promoter honestly "forgot" about GnR's production when they booked the gig? I'm not trying to sound negative here, but seriously?...

I think they would've worked out all "production issues" when they booked the gig. That's what management of band and venue are for. Thus fucking sucks....

Would've been my wife's first big rOck show and our anniversary .

What a fucking drag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel ya brother. Sorry =/

"production issues" is a little on vague side. It's probably low ticket sales. It's not an unheard of thing for a band (or any form of entertainment) to cancel a show if too few tickets are sold. The pictures and videos have shown alot of empty seats. At the show I went to, the venue was about 50% full.

BTW, people posting on a forum and repeating the same thing is not something I'd consider a source. So, to say it's been said 100 times is meaningless.

Check the website and count any many tickets are left. I believe over 80% of them are sold. Or just listen to gunsguy our inside man.

Pulling shit out of your own ass is not something I'd consider a source.

Well, "inside" GNR sources have always been so truthful and accurate lol.

Apparently, floor seats were still available. There is no way, that I'm aware of, to look up exactly how many tickets were sold to a cancelled show. But if you say 80% of them were sold, please show proof.

Until then, we'll go with the logical explanation as to why 2 shows have been cancelled on this tour.

But, more importantly, it really sucks for those who were planning on going to the show. Hopefully enough people buy tickets to the Youngstown show (I did my part and bought 4) and it's not cancelled as well.

Does the actual venue get money from ticketsales?

The band rents the arena for X about of dollars.

Does the arena them also get a portion of the gate?

I would think the band management would have legal rights to sue if the arena cancelled because of ticket sales.

I own Arena X. I will rent out my arena to your group for $50,000. In turn, you get our arena for ten hours, plus we supply security and workers. And we will sell booze (arena gets those profits).

Isn't that how it works?

Seems like the arena makes their big chunk on the rental fee. Why would they get any ticket sale money?

WTF! This is the second show in the last 10 years that GNR has cancelled in Mississippi! I had my dolphin ready to go! Although I hadn't figured out how to blow the dang thing up yet. Guess I need to start figuring out how far of a drive it is to Nashville!!

Guess I should have kept my New Years eve in Vegas ticket!

Does anyone know what the refund process is if you ordered online??

Edited by systronic

It is a city or venue problem, not GN'R's fault

Is the venue too small to build up G N' R's huge stage?

No, I have been to numerous shows over the years at Desoto County Civic Center and stage size has never been an issue. Off the top of my head I believe it has a capacity of 10,000

Love all the "obviously sales" posts. Albany was because the venue couldn't handle the immensity of the production (weight of the stage rigs etc). I bet it's the same thing here. Too bad, but NOT THE BAND OR SALES' FAULTS!!

So why book it? You'd think they would have checked on that beforehand.

Its obvious its poor ticket sales. The other shows haven't had good attendance either.

It's obvious you can't read,and prefer to pepper your posts with speculative innaccuracies.

It is a Production issue,as stated previously and not ticket sales nor an issue to blame the band about. <_<

388046_10150440297783069_10901008068_8507085_1358404450_n.jpg

Pardon the lack of brevity here as there are a few noteworthy items -

First, as reported via local press in Memphis and directly to fans where

possible, the Southaven show on Monday, December 5th has been canceled. Refunds are available at all points of authorized purchase.

As for all the self-indulgent so-called "likes" of GN'R who find it convenient and seemingly their life's purpose and public outcry for glorification to rag on this page and all over the internet about THE VERY PEOPLE that deliver GUNS N' ROSES, especially the plant-heads ( IQ maybe that of the fern in the room) who took aim on the last facebook post - this photo from US Bank Arena should undoubtedly give you a better bad obsession. BTW the NATI folks and show ROCKED on all counts! AND FOR THE RECORD cause "shirley" some self serving propagandists will find a twisted meaning or scrabble the words way of interpreting this post - we deeply appreciate everyone that supports GUNS N' ROSES.

Finally and foremost - NASHVILLE - we look forward to rockin' the roof off your Bridgestone Arena with Zakk Wylde and Black Label Society a bit later today!

That's all folks!

Photo by: FLEBEIS — at US Bank Arena.

Who is "Shirley?" :rolleyes: