i'm on mygnr forum more than facebook these days

cassette tape hiss

in eager anticipation of the first gnr show i've ever attended i've been immersing myself in all things guns and roses. i've been creeping around this site for the last month enjoying everyones spirited debates and conversation.....some of it's pretty funny and some of it is pretty repetitive, but i love it all. it's nice to be here with you fuckers. rock and roll!!!!

in eager anticipation of the first gnr show i've ever attended i've been immersing myself in all things guns and roses. i've been creeping around this site for the last month enjoying everyones spirited debates and conversation.....some of it's pretty funny and some of it is pretty repetitive, but i love it all. it's nice to be here with you fuckers. rock and roll!!!!

Me too, but that says more about how little I'm using Facebook.

I hate Facebook. I still respect people who use it, but I lose some respect for them. Sort of like when I find out someone is religious. I may think theyre sort of stupid, but I'll still associate with them...

That's a pretty high horse you're on. Can you see the rest of us from where you are?

I hate Facebook. I still respect people who use it, but I lose some respect for them. Sort of like when I find out someone is religious. I may think theyre sort of stupid, but I'll still associate with them...

You do realize that there's the dumb attention whores that use it to placate their own egos, and then the people who use Facebook just to talk to their friends, right? They're not all-inclusive?

Hey Evil Ernie qualify your statements please before being casual about something with big implications while displaying no knowledge of it whatsoever. You're assuming there are two types of people: 'religious' people and 'non religious' people, a very dated, dead notion. Anybody looking around sees how the 'non religious' govt and businesses practically force people into becoming idol-worshipping materialists who bow down to the state. 20th century communism, anyone? 'Non religion' is particularly religious, in the worst way. 'Convert the nonbelievers' is the tagline for a cell phone company, not a church.

I deactivated my Facebook back in august I think it was. I don't miss it at all! I see why it's practical to have one, it's easy to keep contact with people you don't see often etc but it just got to a point where I was getting frustrated with it. Everyone is on there and some people you just have to accept as friends to avoid the "why haven't you accepted me as a friend on FB?" drama. I also felt like I often had to censor myself in status updates to avoid someone taking offense to something I might say, also I felt like everyone could just have a look around in my personal life (yes I know about privacy settings but still) so I just deactivated it. My real friends I never talked to on FB anyways so...."But how are you gonna get invited to parties now?!" Erhm, the same way I was invited before FB existed? :rolleyes:

anyways cassette tape hiss, glad you're enjoying yourself on here :thumbsup: It really is extremely positive on here these days :)

i've been immersing myself in all things guns and roses.

You may wanna check the name of the band while you're at it.

Sure it's undoubtedly a sin of the worst kind not to employ the n' while speaking of all things GNR.

It's great to see all the Positivity :thumbsup:

Sure it's undoubtedly a sin of the worst kind not to employ the n' while speaking of all things GNR.

Someone sure is sarcastic today.

Someone sure is sarcastic today.

Just joking around,nothing disrespectful intended :xmasssanta:

hahaha!!!!! i got in shit for not shortening my" and" to " 'n " on a gnr fansite is my facebook status right now.

And you screwed it up again. It's n' not 'n. You better get with the program if you don't want a couple hundred nerdraging GN'R fans hunting you down.

hahahaha!!!! copy that! jesus christ this is a tough crowd.........things are way more slack over at the neil diamond forum.

Your name makes me nostalgic. I wonder what happened to my Appetite tape.

Same here. I come here everyday when I should be promoting my band SomeonElse ;) and waste hours every day reading stupid arguments and watching clips of new shows hoping my boy Axl comes through and tares the roof off of the place.

I went to the NJ Izod show and was so glad I was not alone to witness how awesome it was. When I got home I eagerly waited for youtube clips of the show to confirm it wasn't my fanatical imagination that made the night so special and that they were in fact as amazing as I had believed it them to be. Good shit boys, Keep fucking it up!

Its funny... people must look at us like were fucking nuts. But its not just the gnr aspect that keeps me coming back, it has alot to do with the community here. Even when its slow in the gnr world, I come here because I enjoy the personalities. We can always find something to discuss, and can usually find people who share my opinions, which is nice. Outside this forum I don't have too many people I can talk about these topics with. Only thing I can't stand are people who attack with "how old are you" and other personal attacks based on differences of opinions. What I wonder is how old are the people who find it necessary to personally attack others whose opinions differ from theirs. But those aren't the people im here for, and im sure the people I do enjoy here feel the same way about the dolts I just mentioned...