Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven will be at the ceremony

Bobbo

Well good for you. I have more of a hope for the best, expect the worst approach to avoiding disappointment.

Hopefully Axl's people telling the CEO he's coming holds true.

Good for you too. I hope that works out for you. I expect you not to whine about it if it doesn't happen then, because I sure as hell won't.

Every year that has passed since the original band / use your illusion band broke up has been a disappointment. Sure I like Chinese Democracy, it has some catchy tracks and some good musicians but it's not the same band

I would rather have new music from this lineup than anything from any former member. I wouldn't mind one night to bury the past though.

Fair enough but I think you're in the minority. Axl is lucky to have a very loyal group of fans of his current band but it is very small compared to the impact of the original band

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not saying it's without a doubt going to happen...but so far, there's more evidence suggesting it will than there is that it won't.

I absolutely refuse to believe it will happen until it does. There is no room for disappointment that way.

Agreed, I just can't see Axl showing

Axl is a beaten dog at this point in time. He needs this - he'll be there if he's smart

If Axl's any smart he won't be sharing the same stage with Slash, or the "reunion" talk will become unbearable all over again. Even for Slash it wouldn't be a good thing at all... :shrugs:

They both want it; they're both just too proud or stubborn to publicly admit it for fear of getting stood up by the other. Luckily the HOF thing has come along so neither of them have to reach out personally and the event will bring them back together where they belong!

Well good for you. I have more of a hope for the best, expect the worst approach to avoiding disappointment.

Good for you too. I hope that works out for you. I expect you not to whine about it if it doesn't happen then, because I sure as hell won't.

Every year that has passed since the original band / use your illusion band broke up has been a disappointment. Sure I like Chinese Democracy, it has some catchy tracks and some good musicians but it's not the same band

I would rather have new music from this lineup than anything from any former member. I wouldn't mind one night to bury the past though.

Fair enough but I think you're in the minority. Axl is lucky to have a very loyal group of fans of his current band but it is very small compared to the impact of the original band

Nobody knows what kind of impact this band can make, so this is a very pointless argument based on nothing but opinions and speculation.

Nobody knows what kind of impact this band can make, so this is a very pointless argument based on nothing but opinions and speculation.

Look the current band is a good band, there's no taking that away from you, but the impact they're having IS small compared to the original band. They seem like a nice bunch of guys, I especially like Bumblefoot and Richard and they're all top class musicians without a doubt. But it's got to be hard for them following in the footsteps of what was the largest band in the world, especially when the bulk of the crowd wants the old songs

Look the current band is a good band, there's no taking that away from you, but the impact they're having IS small compared to the original band. They seem like a nice bunch of guys, I especially like Bumblefoot and Richard and they're all top class musicians without a doubt. But it's got to be hard for them following in the footsteps of what was the largest band in the world, especially when the bulk of the crowd wants the old songs

They haven't released a single thing together. It's impossible to make a huge impact playing other people's music, and they are getting amazing fan reviews wherever they go. You have absolutely no idea what a new album from them would sound like and neither do I. Commenting on the impact it would make is pointless.

"" you like to have me jump and be good but I don't want to do it"

Kinda sums it all up, I can't see Axl performing with the ex members at the Hof, well not slash anyway

Well he didnt exactly say he wasnt going. He most likely is, but with that statement he is just trying to stop a media storm over an alleged reunion. Even if you believe he wants a reunion or not you must assume that this is just a way of destroying anticipation of something that may/may not happen.

I still do think Axl's giving it some thought. Otherwise, he would have had just shut the whole thing down on Eddie Trunk.

You should've listened to me when I said that it sounded like he didn't know what he was talking about. All Axl said on Trunk pretty much boils down to it means a lot more to the fans than it does to him.

Edited by Damn_Smooth

I think he pretty much left it open ended. If he doesn't see it as a possibility, he could have easily just put the whole thing to rest.

Maybe the CEO did lie, or at least exaggerate the truth, but I still think Axl's considering it. I won't be overly shocked if he didn't end up coming though.

It would be nice to have a one off goodbye to the past, but I don't see it happening. I think Slash fucked Axl harder than any of us will ever know.

That interview was an hour of 3 guys doing nothing but licking Axl's boots without actually asking anything meaningful. Such a wasted opportunity. I think all of them will show. The fact Axl didn't confirm anything is just him being coy and making it out like it's not important to him. He'll be there.

Yea, but the old dudes aren't in gnr any more. Integrity is way more important than anything else, especially doing something just to make others happy.

I'm sure all the real members of gnr wouldn't care if axl played with the dudes that quit. But to me, it's more important axl shows up with guns n roses, and if he jams out, jams out with gnr.

I feel that just because the hof didn't include guys like FORTUS and Stinson, doesn't mean they shouldn't be apart of something they have dedicated their careers to.

What a stupid thing to say! They're getting honoured for the records that made GnR the biggest band in the world back in the 80's and 90's. None of the new guys contributed to that so they don't get honoured. Simple!

I think he pretty much left it open ended. If he doesn't see it as a possibility, he could have easily just put the whole thing to rest.

Maybe the CEO did lie, or at least exaggerate the truth, but I still think Axl's considering it. I won't be overly shocked if he didn't end up coming though.

It would be nice to have a one off goodbye to the past, but I don't see it happening. I think Slash fucked Axl harder than any of us will ever know.

To me, it's totally 50/50, won't know for sure until April. As for Slash "fucking" Axl...yeah, I don't quite see it like that. But that's a debate for another thread I guess...

I'm just going to say that you don't carry a hatred for somebody for nearly 20 years and call them a cancer if they didn't do anything to you. I'll leave it at that.

To me, it's totally 50/50, won't know for sure until April, unless somebody reliable spills the beans. Didn't think the CEO of the thing would be so ballsy to say everybody was confirmed to come, when apparently they weren't. So I'll give you that one. As for Slash "fucking" Axl...yeah, I don't quite see it like that. But that's a debate for another thread I guess...

Fake.

Slash

For the record, I didn't RSVP, or in any way commit to attending the RRHF. I don't appreciate people putting words in my mouth. Iii|; )'

:rolleyes:

To me, it's totally 50/50, won't know for sure until April. As for Slash "fucking" Axl...yeah, I don't quite see it like that. But that's a debate for another thread I guess...

I'm just going to say that you don't carry a hatred for somebody for nearly 20 years and call them a cancer if they didn't do anything to you. I'll leave it at that.

And I'm just gonna say that Slash has a side of the story that most people, even people that are still close with Axl (Izzy, Duff) have backed up. Nobody's innocent, but Axl's behavior was the common thread of consistency behind the former members' departures. What reason is there behind Axl's hatred toward Slash? I'll leave it at that before this goes really off topic. PM if you wanna continue.

Sent 2 for good measure.